PKHEX Language dont change on latest

crazyrazor

4 minutes ago, crazyrazor said:

hi when changing Language in pkhex the nicknames stay english where as before they changed to what ever it was set to is this a big?

I think it's to allow nicknaming with nickname flag unchecked.

It happens naturally when a Pokemon evolves in a different language game.

Well this is causing a problem as when we change the language of a pokemon, its nickname does not change to that language so we have to give it a nickname otherwise it will not pass the legality check. I don't think I can type up the pokemon's name in its current non-English language in case I want a non-nicknamed pokemon

34 minutes ago, Sonic Blader said:

Well this is causing a problem as when we change the language of a pokemon, its nickname does not change to that language so we have to give it a nickname otherwise it will not pass the legality check. I don't think I can type up the pokemon's name in its current non-English language in case I want a non-nicknamed pokemon

Except, it's on bulbapedia.

Whatever name of whatever language, is all on bulbapedia.

Just copy paste from there

Alternatively:
1. set the language
2. change to different species,
3. change back to intended species.

The refresh would set the correct language name.

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Except, it's on bulbapedia.

Whatever name of whatever language, is all on bulbapedia.

Just copy paste from there

Alternatively:
1. set the language
2. change to different species,
3. change back to intended species.

The refresh would set the correct language name.

Ah thank you for the two alternative methods!

But isn't the reason for this change a niche reason? Comparatively less people try to edit/create a pokemon which was from a different language game and it has been evolved in some other language than the number of people who just want to edit/create a pokemon with a different language tag. Wouldn't a simple checkbox to flag that the pokemon has originated from a different language game and has evolved in another langauge game be sufficient instead? This will allow to create/edit such pokemon while making sure they are legal and at the same time they don't cause any trouble people who just want to change the language. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Sonic Blader said:

Ah thank you for the two alternative methods!

But isn't the reason for this change a niche reason? Comparatively less people try to edit/create a pokemon which was from a different language game and it has been evolved in some other language than the number of people who just want to edit/create a pokemon with a different language tag. Wouldn't a simple checkbox to flag that the pokemon has originated from a different language game and has evolved in another langauge game be sufficient instead? This will allow to create/edit such pokemon while making sure they are legal and at the same time they don't cause any trouble people who just want to change the language. Thanks!

The behavior has already been changed on the latest commits, wait for the next release.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...