Japanese Emerald Save File with Tickets for Shiny Flawless RNG Purposes

St. GIGA

11 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

FYI, according to Google, the gba runs at 59.73hz, (possibly 59.725hz counting in lag.) Hopefully this info helps improve the tool.

Yes, it's not exactly 60hz (which is also why the gameboy player on NGC repeats a frame every so often (to sync) and feels so sloppy, something that homebrew is able to do better, check out Game Boy Interface by extrems).
Currently on frame 86 million, so almost halfway trough, should have the save state ready for the end of the week. Also, I've been keeping savestates around every 8 hours, which may come useful for other crazy frames like this one.

ps: do you have any frame for RNG a flawless ditto? I'm really interested on this one. BTW, I'll use this oportunity to get them from gen 3 up to gen 7, then compare with pkhex conversion 3->7, si if the same file outputs (since it's a pain, I'd prefer to get as many as possible to gen 7 at once).

Other than those low ds method 1 frames that work as high gba/Emerald method 2 frames, I do not think I have a frame like that. If you wanted to use the 800million docile flawless with the id for any practical means, you would need 5000% speed with 9/10 frame skip, above highest process priority, the vblank patch, turbo mode enabled, and an msi Apache or better to run vba as fast as your PC can handle it, speeding 800 days to around 12 hours straight. This makes the whole thing impractical on a real gba without the battle video frame storage glitch done on the save file using speedups.

But yes, on the previous page, the docile PID will work, but you need to speed the game up to reasonably get it.

Also, nice job on Mew. I hope the tool does it's job. There are 3 other easier to get natures for flawless gba method 2 and ds method 1 Pokemon besides the 800 day PID, and they all fit within 30 to 45 days or less as compared to the docile spread's long time. I may have confused 800 days with 137, so please let me know if I did.

Hope I helped.

Got it about the dead battery, and with gen 4, you can get even a docile flawless in less frames than even the 30-45 day calm modest and timid gen 3 spreads for flawless method 2, but with different spreads and frames for obvious reasons. I agree about the dead vs live battery issue, as, without access to the save, you cannot tell if the battery/time/seed? and event ticket were hacked in from a PKM alone. This makes legitimacy hard to gauge without the tool, as the tool can say what emerald's frame time was, but only for RS if a dead battery is present. On one hand RS uses random seeds when a live battery is present, and clock events work. So if somebody was lucky enough on a live battery, way, way, way less time is needed for RS method 1 Pokemon/ id numbers if the game has been played enough. So I agree that RTC-based checking should not be done to pk3 files, as that may hurt innocent players despite detecting game skips. The other problem is that RS has a variable initial seed after a certain point. 

How would groups like smogon and the like treat Pokemon from gba or ds method 1 that are shiny flawless? Would they be banned in tiered match category sets, as only one unique Pokemon plus species can exist on gba per TID/SID combo. They would all have the same PID. I think it would be cloned to death enough that it becomes the newest Pokemon to float around on wifi. I already tested a simulation of the results, and it CAN battle on wifi, but cannot be traded except to friends or via link trade/local wireless due to the fateful encounter flag needed for obedience in gen 3. It migrates fine to gen 4 and 5, even without a date, but does it go through bank? I think that even Pokemon with null dates will migrate via bank, but I don't know, as I use PKSM 4.2.0 to migrate due to its ability to preserve held items.

Hopefully someone gives Eppie a clone or the save file to impress them. I hope that one day some one does not use this knowledge to make the ultimate mega rayquaza that never slows down, is nearly invincible, is shiny, time traveling, and knows devastating drake from Draco meteor if possible. That would be a crisis of unimaginable proportions if a 780 base stat Pokemon got access to well fitting flawless stats, all done legit. That would be very bad for battle online, as fairy types would have trouble countering it, and m-Ray would be banned by Nintendo. At least using it in the battle tree/elite4 would be hilarious to watch the computer fail at cheating you out of your victory cash.

Frame 130 million. I expect to hit 175 million in about 10 hours. I never realized this same frame/seed could be used to get any other of the emerald legendaries... unfortunately the savefile I'm currently using already caught rayquaza, but re-enabling the event in the savestate would be quite easy.

In fact, I don't know why there's nothing to re-enable legendary battles on gen 3, they are only some flags that can easily be found with a script editor. I may research this at some point, now I want a shiny flawless rayquaza for the battle tree (still need to get myself to beat it, I never really bothered with the battle towers/zones, but this time there's a passport seal so...)

8 hours ago, suloku said:

Frame 130 million. I expect to hit 175 million in about 10 hours. I never realized this same frame/seed could be used to get any other of the emerald legendaries... unfortunately the savefile I'm currently using already caught rayquaza, but re-enabling the event in the savestate would be quite easy.

In fact, I don't know why there's nothing to re-enable legendary battles on gen 3, they are only some flags that can easily be found with a script editor. I may research this at some point, now I want a shiny flawless rayquaza for the battle tree (still need to get myself to beat it, I never really bothered with the battle towers/zones, but this time there's a passport seal so...)

Impressive ! Could you make a save state around 50 -100.000 frames before you reach your frame, so we can have the option to get more flawless legendaries ?

Actually there are cheat codes that enable re- battling in Emerald (I don't know if there are for FR/ LG though) . 

Another interesting fact is that there are codes to make you re-battle whichever lati@s you want in southern island .

Suloku, how is the RNG going? I hope it does not break competitive tiers or the battle frontier/tree due to 31iv 6iv flawless mega rayquaza/mewtwo shenanigans, invincible mews, godlike Deoxys and Near-Hax Lati and Regi duos and trios. These Pokemon will be thorns in Nintendo's side if somebody misuses this knowledge. If somebody does, I will be sorry that it happened. Just note that the one thing to justify these Olympus Pokemon's use in multiplayer/trades is their 5 week straight time gap requirement to be obtainable in shiny flawless on compatible trainer id numbers.

Edited by St. GIGA
Bad quote

16 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Wow! Impressive! Hope things go well. Hopefully the rebattle flag code can be found so we can get the other legends in shiny flawless.

I could craft a custom wondercard that re-enables all battles in emerald, easier than AR codes and can be traded over wifi adaptor too.
I misscalculated yesterday, but frame 174 million now, so almost there.

EDIT: hit 176, but I must go, I'll rng it in about 5 hours. I'll upload the savestates and offsets for TID/OT then.

12 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Suloku, how is the RNG going? I hope it does not break competitive tiers or the battle frontier/tree due to 31iv 6iv flawless mega rayquaza/mewtwo shenanigans, invincible mews, godlike Deoxys and Near-Hax Lati and Regi duos and trios. These Pokemon will be thorns in Nintendo's side if somebody misuses this knowledge. If somebody does, I will be sorry that it happened. Just note that the one thing to justify these Olympus Pokemon's use in multiplayer/trades is their 5 week straight time gap requirement to be obtainable in shiny flawless on compatible trainer id numbers.

Personally, I don't see anything illegal or immoral in this and it is definitely not something that would bother Nintendo at all. First, pokemon like Mew, Deoxys and Rayquaza are banned at most tournaments, since they are godlike either with perfect IVs or not. As for Latios/ Latias, that are tournament eligible, I could assure you that people would not be bothered at all about 3rd gen RNG, since they are obtainable in Gen IV, where RNGing is, theoretically, easier (it is really easy to find perfect IVs at low frames). 

8 hours ago, suloku said:

I could craft a custom wondercard that re-enables all battles in emerald, easier than AR codes and can be traded over wifi adaptor too.
I misscalculated yesterday, but frame 174 million now, so almost there.

EDIT: hit 176, but I must go, I'll rng it in about 5 hours. I'll upload the savestates and offsets for TID/OT then.

If you could craft such a wondercard, it would be certainly interesting ! 

1 hour ago, Blackwing said:

Personally, I don't see anything illegal or immoral in this and it is definitely not something that would bother Nintendo at all. First, pokemon like Mew, Deoxys and Rayquaza are banned at most tournaments, since they are godlike either with perfect IVs or not. As for Latios/ Latias, that are tournament eligible, I could assure you that people would not be bothered at all about 3rd gen RNG, since they are obtainable in Gen IV, where RNGing is, theoretically, easier (it is really easy to find perfect IVs at low frames). 

If you could craft such a wondercard, it would be certainly interesting ! 

Good to hear that it will not affect official matches, is totally valid, and all that, but I am just worried that any time someone goes on wifi, the player will get smashed with flawless mega rayquaza or flawless mewtwo megas with psystrike and other "godmons" with 6x31iv stats, such as mew. The worst part of all players using them would be that they cannot be hit by Nintendo for hacking due to them being legitimately RNG'd Pokemon. I am just afraid that all legendary Pokemon I face in multiplayer random matchup are either hacked or based on misused copies of my research done for the reason of trouncing opponents, and thereby ruining smogon's anything goes/balanced hackmons unrestricted tiers due to IV overload on the part of the rayquaza, mew, mewtwo, Deoxys, Regis, and Lati@s. I just want to be sure that people just do not spam or scam/over spread these theoretical legends, as not only are they extremely difficult to get, practically are clones due to their static PID and restricted id which is the only one that works on Emerald, usually require cloning, are highly powerful, are shiny, and are uber/ag tier.

Here are the savestates. I've included a readme about how to use them and how to use VBA to change OT/TID/SID.

They are for japanese emerald, of course.

Flawless_Mew_savestates_japEmerald.zip

EDIT: Also, I've looked into  clearing the flags for the static encounters via a wondercard script, and so far it worked fine for rayquaza, a regi and mew. I'm not sure if I feel like searching for groundon/kyogre right now, but I'll see if just clearing the encounter flag is enough for the event to be re-played.

REBATTLE FLAGS
--------------
0x1BB : Player has encountered Regirock
0x1BC : Player has encountered Regice
0x1BD : Player has encountered Registeel
0x1BE : Player has battled Kyogre
0x1BF : Player has battled Groundon
0x1C0 : Player has battled Rayquaza
0x1C1 : set after voltorb pokeball new mauville
0x1C2 : set after voltorb pokeball new mauville
0x1C3 : set after voltorb pokeball new mauville
0x1C4 : set after electrode pokeball new mauville
0x1C5 : set after electrode pokeball new mauville
0x1C6 : Player has battled Sudowoodo Battle Frontier
0x1C9 : Player has encountered Lati Southern Island
0x1CA : Player has battled Mew
0x1AD : Player has battled Deoxys

Source: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=330008
(the flags are the same ones for any game region, unlike AR codes which are ROM specific).

EDIT 2: seems groudon/kyogre need an additional variable: "setvar 0x4001 0x1" --> this re-enables the kyogre/groudon post-game "roaming caves", so it is needed in addition to the encounter flags to actually be able to re-battle them (unless you warp to them map, but the point is re-enabling the battles with a wondercard. I should see what the game uses to see if elite 4 have been beaten and add it to the script, I don't want to enable kyogre/groudon before post-game (or maybe the game already handles it by itself...), in any case seems there's already a flag for that used in secret bases so...

EDIT 3: the savestates need this emulator (re-recording, which also supports lua scripts). I'm linking the one I used, but I'm not sure if it's the latest one (works for our purposes though): http://adelikat.tasvideos.org/emulatordownloads/vba-rerecording/vba-rerecording-svn480-win32.7z

• Like 1

Here is the Save file Suloku sent me, with the OT Gender changed to the official PokePakku Mew's OT Gender of Female, and Mew Given its native Lum Berry, in addition to the initial save file still in its zip file. In addition, I have included the 80byte boxed 3GPKM file for the mew with the berry and female trainer, with all trash bytes still intact. If pk2pk is used to migrate, skipping generations into english saves will cause name problems with the OT, so you have to migrate one gen at a time. I will leave those interested to extract the untouched 3gpkm from the original save with a shorter name themselves.

EventMew.3gpkm

Emejap_stgigamew.zip

Emejap_stgiga_legituntouchedshinyflawlessrngfarawayislandpokepakkumew.sav

• Like 1

I hope nobody minds that I released these. Also, if anybody such as HaxAras, ReignOfComputer, or anyone who has helped me with this wants, they can inject this mew into their saves freely, just as long as they give a mail to it indicating its clone status, and briefly saying that due to gen 3 PID/IV/ID limits, such a stellar mew can only exist once uniquely, and that me and suloku have the only original one. This mew is a double event, as it is actually a Faraway Island Mew, that pretends to be the similar PokePakku Mew that was distributed a year later, up to a day after my actual birthday in 2006, and started on Mexican Mother's Day, which is 2 days after the end date of the Japanese Gather More Pokemon! Event, also on Mother's Day, but this time American Mother's Day. Coincidentally, both events have similar trainer ID numbers, and possibly matching Secret ID numbers. The number after the non-Mew Event's ID Number is also a Palindrome as an even further coincidence, making this Mew super special, especially considering that it is flawless, shiny, is a legit rng'd hybrid of 2 near-identical 1-year-apart events for the same pokemon, has a secret id that spells out elite in hacker-speak, has an evet-compatible nature, is untouched, and is capable of fulfilling all the basic requirements of both the events when Pal-Parked, making them indistinguishable from the actual event. All this comes at a high price, as you lose all variety and customization when obtaining this, as only this exact 3gpkm meets the requirements of both Japanese GBA Mew events in complete harmony. So again, I hope nobody minds that I released these, and that RoC will put the mew, savestate/files, and other data in his github collection and the event gallery, while HaxAras/InsaneNutter do the same thing, but add the Mew to the FR save instead as either an Ingame Event, or a Japanese PokePakku Mew. BTW I did not mess with the mew's generation at all. I just do not want to see massive clones of this Mew floating around on WiFi, as I want this freely available, yet just as valuable as ever due to it's stats, similar to how Eppie distributed his similar Shiny Mew.

Thank you for following my rules!

Now go have fun with this Mew... Reasonably, of course!

Edited by St. GIGA
disclaimer needed
  • Like 1

I hope somebody adds this Mew to the Gen 3/Pal Park database, along with the Fire Red event Save, and the ReignOfComputer Collection, along with the tools needed to get one, bundled with the other method 1 events in Emerald done the same way. Maybe when suloku finishes the fan WC we will be able to RNG the legends and make a collection.