HELP- Pokémon White 2- Freeze Issue

Theoldbucwild

Do you have a backup of the save? In that case you would be able to try again. If you keep getting the same type of crash you can also try to use someone else's living dex (like the one ReignOfComputer uploaded here:

Make sure you are using PkHex (or PokéGen which should work without problems too).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Thank you for the answer. I do have backups. I am using PKHEX and also I want the Pokémon to be in my pc box so I can get shiny charm, how would someone else's save help? Please respond when possible! Thank you

You can open PkHex twice. Load your save in one of the windows and load a 3rd to 5th gen save with the other that contains the Pokémon you desire. Now you can just drag an drop the Pokémon from one window to the other without any problems. Dumping the boxes should work but I would suggest you to try doing it the old-fashioned way to make sure you get no errors after loading the save.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wejhvabewjty said:

You can open PkHex twice. Load your save in one of the windows and load a 3rd to 5th gen save with the other that contains the Pokémon you desire. Now you can just drag an drop the Pokémon from one window to the other without any problems. Dumping the boxes should work but I would suggest you to try doing it the old-fashioned way to make sure you get no errors after loading the save.

I did what you did and still the freeze occured. I will presume that its corrupted, even though it does not say. I also forgot to mention that the freeze occurs after I take exactly 4 steps in any direction.

gonna need a lot more details than this.

Are you using retail cartridge or a flash cart?
Whose living dex file you using?
You still got the before and after saves? if so, upload em here.
What save editor did you use to do the export and import?

Also, I don't think living dex gives you shiny charm. (if set PKM modify Pokedex option isn't on)
You're better off using PKHeX Pokedex function to complete your dex then obtain the key item in game.

also, it looks like your c gear doesn't even load up
(is it possible to have completely no icons).
What happens if you enter pokedex?
what happens if you go to your trainer card?

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

gonna need a lot more details than this.

Are you using retail cartridge or a flash cart?
Whose living dex file you using?
You still got the before and after saves? if so, upload em here.
What save editor did you use to do the export and import?

Also, I don't think living dex gives you shiny charm. (if set PKM modify Pokedex option isn't on)
You're better off using PKHeX Pokedex function to complete your dex then obtain the key item in game.

also, it looks like your c gear doesn't even load up
(is it possible to have completely no icons).
What happens if you enter pokedex?
what happens if you go to your trainer card?

Alright. I'm using the cartridge. I used ROC's save file for the dex. His save file is mentioned above. I do not have a backup save before all of this. I actually can load up C gear. If I enter my PokeDex it shows it's all clear with 649 Pokémon. And what's the PKHEX pokedex function?

6 minutes ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Alright. I'm using the cartridge. I used ROC's save file for the dex. His save file is mentioned above. I do not have a backup save before all of this. I actually can load up C gear. If I enter my PokeDex it shows it's all clear with 649 Pokémon. And what's the PKHEX pokedex function?

I don't really think his save would cause some kind of crash, tho.
@ReignOfComputer any reports on your save causing crashes?

Anyway I'll like to retract my statement; PKHeX apparently doesn't modify gen 5 Pokedex entries (not that I can tell)

On gen 6 or 7, it's there:
Capture.PNG

Maybe you'll like to try this save? :

21 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't really think his save would cause some kind of crash, tho.
@ReignOfComputer any reports on your save causing crashes?

Anyway I'll like to retract my statement; PKHeX apparently doesn't modify gen 5 Pokedex entries (not that I can tell)

On gen 6 or 7, it's there:
Capture.PNG

Maybe you'll like to try this save? :

Alright so how should I approach this? Should I delete all the Pokémon in the boxes and then use your save. Then backup my save and export my save and then load it?

32 minutes ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Alright so how should I approach this? Should I delete all the Pokémon in the boxes and then use your save. Then backup my save and export my save and then load it?

Eh,

Just load the save in place of yours,

see if the same hanging phenomenon occurs

7 hours ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Should I save in game or would that corrupt? I deleted all the Pokémon in my boxes and load the save and the PokeDex is still 649

except I dont know what corrupted your save in the first place.

It could be the editing already corrupted it..

53 minutes ago, Theoldbucwild said:

I tried and nothing happened. It just still does the same thing after I saved in game 

you should upload your original save dumped from cart, before modification.

maybe it's slightly different sized?

what are you using to get the save back into your cart?

4 hours ago, wejhvabewjty said:

Upload the save so we can check if we get the same error. Have you tried using an emulator?

I'll get back on to you about this next morning see ya later. Also when I give you the Save, do not worry about my party team, they are legit and are not causing the problem :)

Edited by Theoldbucwild