Sign in to follow this  
Ammako

Pokémon X save files for Citra

6 posts in this topic

Ammako    112

Since Citra has problems with X/Y where the game crashes during the intro, and in some cases, when choosing your starter, I went ahead and made save files for every gender + appearance + starter combinations.

Each save file is saved right after receiving the starter, and the files are named appropriately (left/center/right refers to the character appearance, in the same order as they appear during the intro.)

You just have to rename the file to main, open the save file in PKHeX to change OT, ID numbers and any other kind of info you'd want to change, and/or if you want a certain nature/certain IVs on your starter.

Important: PKHeX does not support editing your nickname for X/Y as of now. You will have to manually hex edit that yourself.

The most straightforward way to do so is to:

1. Open the save file in PKHeX, go to the Trainer Info menu, set your Trainer Name to your desired nickname and save the file.
  2. Open the save file in a hex editor (I personally like and recommend HxD) and press Ctrl+G to bring up the Goto menu.
  3. Type in 14048 (and select hex in the radio buttons, if it isn't already set to that by default) and press OK. This brings you over to where your Trainer Name is located in the save file.
  4. Highlight the bytes from 0x14048 to 0x1405F and Copy (Ctrl+C) them. Then move the cursor over to 0x14062 and hit Ctrl+B to Paste+Write the bytes you copied from your OT.
  5. Save the file, then open it in PKHeX and change your Trainer Name to what you actually want as your OT. Save the file (this will also correct the save file checksum; two birds one stone!)

I've not tested them, but they should hopefully work fine for their intended purpose. Apparently I can spend 3 hours making those save files, but I'm too lazy to dump&decrypt X/Y to test them in Citra.

Those are X save files, also. As far as I'm aware they should work fine with Y too but correct me if I'm wrong.

CitraSaves.zip

Timtam    0

I cant get the save to show in Citra. My game boots but crashes after char creation. Where do i store the save file? Some google searching told me it was users -sdmc - nintendo 3 DS - bunch of 0s - bunch of 0s - title - 000400000 - 00055d00 ?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

theSLAYER    1038

On my version of Citra, my save for Pokemon sun is:
citra\app-0.1.114\user\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\00164800\data\00000001

I would imagine for X/Y just change 00164800 to the relevant game.

Timtam    0

Yeah that correlates with my understanding. However placing the saves there doesnt seem 2 to do it. I rename em to ''Main'', place em there and boot? I even tried placing it in every folder now. Any chance thats the problem actually?
Sincerely appreciate any help.

theSLAYER    1038
6 hours ago, Stararzu&Pokemon&More said:

Hi It Ain't Woking me

You're being too vague. Which part or what, ain't working?