Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

46 minutes ago, EliteTheCow said:

EDIT: Nevermind, it works,

How do I change it to illegal mode?

Changing the name to 'PKHax' does not work. :(

If you wouldn't mind attaching that screenshot and the steps you took to get it to work I would appreciate it. It will serve as a reference that may help others in the future. 

Also, I believe that on my end, I will have to change  PKHeX.exe to PKHaX.exe before I wrap it with winebottler. 

Does that sound right @theSLAYER ?

36 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

If you wouldn't mind attaching that screenshot and the steps you took to get it to work I would appreciate it. It will serve as a reference that may help others in the future. 

Also, I believe that on my end, I will have to change  PKHeX.exe to PKHaX.exe before I wrap it with winebottler. 

Does that sound right @theSLAYER ?

Well, I tried it on two computers,

I tried the one with Sierra (10.12.2) 

1: Downloaded XQuartz (Idk if it's related but here.)

2: Restarted my Computer

2: Downloaded the Feb. 7 PKHex Mac that you have at the start of the thread

3: Unzipped it, and it bounced, then went away, (From the Dock) But when I opened it from the Downloads folder, the error below shows

(This is consistent with EVERY version of PKHex, even the old Gen 6 one here. It's all Sierra's fault.)

With El Capitan (10.11.6) However, all I did is:

3: Unzipped it, and it worked fine, and this is with almost every version of PKHex, including the other one I just mentioned.

So if you want to use PKHex/PKHax on Mac, DON'T use 10.12!!!!

(If you're still having issues with 10.11, I don't know what to say. Sorry. :( )

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.23.11 PM.png

Edited by EliteTheCow

12 minutes ago, EliteTheCow said:

Well, I tried it on two computers,

I tried the one with Sierra (10.12.2) 

3: Unzipped it, and it bounced, then went away, (From the Dock) But when I opened it from the Downloads folder, the error below shows

(This is consistent with EVERY version of PKHex, even the old Gen 6 one here. It's all Sierra's fault.)

With El Capitan (10.11.6) However, all I did is:

3: Unzipped it, and it worked fine, and this is with almost every version of PKHex, including the other one I just mentioned.

So if you want to use PKHex/PKHax on Mac, DON'T use 10.12!!!!

(If you're still having issues with 10.11, I don't know what to say. Sorry. :( )

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.23.11 PM.png

Thank you for the information!  

I use macOS 10.12.x (latest version). I am able to run/wrap PKHeX.exe without any issues.

Things you should to do trouble shoot on macOS Sierra: move PKHeX app to the application folder. That is a known solution. 

If that does not work then right click the PKHeX app - show package contents - locate the "info.plist" file - right click -get info, then check your permissions. Change them to read/write, etc. 

Keep me updated and thanks 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tian said:

HI, how to run pkhex with wine, is says i should install net framework 4.6.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:34 AM, jasenyoface said:

You could open the exe in wine. 

Open wine. 

And then....

IMG_0113.thumb.PNG.c2c869c87d56114f51ea885553862a58.PNG

then...

IMG_0114.PNG.d97af1eb0b22efabb30181a1b28c5694.PNG

then...

IMG_0115.PNG.5f89ff988c22ffb4cf36c7390abf4863.PNG

finally, right click the exe - Open with... -wine. 

Dialogue will ask "what would you like to do with it". You tick "run directly in" and from the drop down menu select this path: /Users/USERNAME/.wine

or this path if you have it: /Users/USERNAME/Wine Files

You need to follow these steps that were posted earlier in this thread

Hello!
First of all thanks for this, I'd been looking for the update, so it's awesome.
I have a problem. I have an older version of pkhex for mac, and it works; now that I downloaded this one, all it does is bounce, until the icon disappears from the dock and it doesn't run the app.
I'm not running any wine or anything, and when I open the older app it works just fine. I already dragged the icon to the applications folder, I even tried to open it directly from the pop up menu the .dmg launches, I copied the app into a different folder than applications, and it always does the same.
There's a pop up window that reads "verifying..." then it sends a message telling me this app/image was downloaded today, and asks if I'd like to open it, so I click yes, but then the icon just fades from the dock.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? 
Thanks

32 minutes ago, MrTriana said:

Hello!
First of all thanks for this, I'd been looking for the update, so it's awesome.
I have a problem. I have an older version of pkhex for mac, and it works; now that I downloaded this one, all it does is bounce, until the icon disappears from the dock and it doesn't run the app.
I'm not running any wine or anything, and when I open the older app it works just fine. I already dragged the icon to the applications folder, I even tried to open it directly from the pop up menu the .dmg launches, I copied the app into a different folder than applications, and it always does the same.
There's a pop up window that reads "verifying..." then it sends a message telling me this app/image was downloaded today, and asks if I'd like to open it, so I click yes, but then the icon just fades from the dock.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? 
Thanks

After it says verifying and asks if you want to open it and then you click yes, go to Settings > Security & Privacy. Close to the bottom of that window in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section, click "open anyway"  I feel like this will be the solution.  I may be wrong.   The version of PKHeX that you have and that works, did you get it form this thread?   Either way keep an eye out for the lastest version (17.03.05) wrapped for Mac. 

System-Preferances-Security-and-Privacy-open-anyway.png.5a5ae3885ed68fb81cc328ef0eadbaf9.png

39 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

After it says verifying and asks if you want to open it and then you click yes, go to Settings > Security & Privacy. Close to the bottom of that window in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section, click "open anyway"  I feel like this will be the solution.  I may be wrong.   The version of PKHeX that you have and that works, did you get it form this thread?   Either way keep an eye out for the lastest version (17.03.05) wrapped for Mac. 

System-Preferances-Security-and-Privacy-open-anyway.png.5a5ae3885ed68fb81cc328ef0eadbaf9.png

I did that, but it doesn't change anything. Every time I try to open the app, the icon bounces like two times in the dock and then disappears and doesn't run. 
I got the other app from a thread in here, but I don't remember if it was this one particularly.
Should I delete everything and download it again?
Is there a link to a newer update?

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-07 a las 15.48.16.png

2 minutes ago, MrTriana said:

I did that, but it doesn't change anything. Every time I try to open the app, the icon bounces like two times in the dock and then disappears and doesn't run. 
I got the other app from a thread in here, but I don't remember if it was this one particularly.
Should I delete everything and download it again?
Is there a link to a newer update?

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-07 a las 15.48.16.png

Im working on the update.  wait for the the thread to be updated. try that one.  

21 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Im working on the update.  wait for the the thread to be updated. try that one.  

What's the difference with the illegal version?
I downloaded that one and it worked on my mac. I'm running Yosemite btw.
Sorry If I ask too much, I'm not too familiar with this, I only started using this.

Hi all!

Just thought I'd offer a resolution for an issue I was observing on Mac with the very convenient PKHeX.app (17/03/08) - Thank you @jasenyoface

I like many use an FTP (FTPD + FileZilla) to transfer smaller files like screen captures and saves to-and-fro without un-mounting my SD - I also don't have an SD reader for my Mac so this is most convenient.

I've seen multiple posts about the dreaded "unsupported file" issue and I also ran into this. 

It seems that FileZilla's default settings are to blame. The default file transfer type is set to 'Auto' and for whatever reason reduces the file size by and arbitrary byte (441,855 vs. 441,856 bytes).

Correcting this can be accomplished by changing the Default transfer type from 'Auto' to 'Binary' in File Types under the Transfers section in FileZillas Settings - FileZilla > Settings > Transfers > File Types > Default transfer type: > Binary (Image below).

ElZfe3J.png

Thank you for the wonderful software and community!

-FS

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 8:16 AM, jasenyoface said:

PKHeX for Mac

Made with Winebottler and Wineskin

Click the link to download the .7z - extract - drag PKHeX into the Applications folder

17.03.18 was made using Wineskin to enhance the GUI.  Something that Winebottler can't do.  Also in this wrapper, I changed PKHeX's orignal ".ico"  to a more vizual appeasing ".icns".  Additionally, I placed a "pkndb folder" in the appropriate place within the wrapper so that the datebase feature will work.

PKHeX.app 17/03/18 is HERE 

58d00e7975fb0_ScreenShot2017-03-20at5_16_10AM.png.7e626e6e02f923d285f36581cdc3cc69.png

PKHeX.app 17/03/11 is HERE

58c4dcbf61b35_ScreenShot2017-03-11at5_38_24PM.thumb.png.9b573ed8d65f82293fb8e83e01f32fdf.png

PKHaX.app 17/03/18 is HERE (Illegal Mode)

58d00e7dd6d00_ScreenShot2017-03-20at5_08_12AM.png.e2d8e0557664ce19099370f91044e427.png

PKHaX.app 17/03/11 is HERE  (Illegal Mode)

58c4dcc24d9cf_ScreenShot2017-03-11at5_51_43PM.png.df9041cdbc3a190b50790e84bb495e03.png

awesome update, the desktop icon isn't the same though... is that normal? it's a paint symbol rather then a square pokeball...

7 hours ago, Philbo said:

awesome update, the desktop icon isn't the same though... is that normal? it's a paint symbol rather then a square pokeball...

If you're referring to the GUI, thank you!  Yes it's true I did change the icon.  I feel that the original is démodé.  It is unfortunate that you're not seeing the it though. Here is what it looks like.58ded531aea86_ScreenShot2017-03-31at6_12_50PM.png.98b3231ed287ed06a465f1dc52b8952d.png58dedd4b23f0d_ScreenShot2017-03-31at6_23_42PM.png.8c36a4c2ad5eab72327ba767ee25337b.png

I'll look into the problem though.  Does this happen with PKHeX and PKHaX? or..?

Edited by jasenyoface

On 07/02/2017 at 9:56 PM, AlxMraz said:

No, i dont have x11

What is it and how do i get it?

Ah, no, sorry i wasn't being specific, i see that icon once the application is open and running, which looks awesome btw... but usually the actual App icon on my desktop is usually a pokeball... this time it looks like the windows "unallocated" icon... screen grab below... is this something i can change?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 13.34.09.png

2 hours ago, Philbo said:

Ah, no, sorry i wasn't being specific, i see that icon once the application is open and running, which looks awesome btw... but usually the actual App icon on my desktop is usually a pokeball... this time it looks like the windows "unallocated" icon... screen grab below... is this something i can change?

Ok, I see what you mean.  I can correct this for you:D  Fortunately, this is a very simple fix.

Download this icns.txt file. The directions are included.