Trying to add Pokemon to White 2, but all progress never saves.

JasonGS

I worked really hard, making seemingly legitimate legendaries like from pokemon XD, the first mew, shiny darkrai/shaymin, shiny gen 3 mons, etc etc. I would really like to be able to add them to my BW2 game and then transfer them to my bank. I host a lot of giveaways over at reddit, and these pokemon would knock socks off.

I just need to figure out why the saves won't work. I'm using PKHex. I clear a box of pokemon, save it, load it in desmume, the original pokemon are still there. It's driving me mad.

I'll donate $10 to PkHex if someone can figure this out for me.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

are you on an emulator?

What are you doing to save the save?

I just use PkHex to save the save. I've tried saving as a regular Sav and loading it onto a real cartridge, but the same thing occurs. I tried to also save onto a desmume save, it also failed. I think it might be the save. I'm going to start from scratch to see if I can't finally get the pokemon in.

9 minutes ago, JasonGS said:

I just use PkHex to save the save. I've tried saving as a regular Sav and loading it onto a real cartridge, but the same thing occurs. I tried to also save onto a desmume save, it also failed. I think it might be the save. I'm going to start from scratch to see if I can't finally get the pokemon in.

did you do File > Export Save > main (save over a different file)
Capture.PNG

Also, if you're using desmume to test, depending on which version, you would need to:
File > Import Backup Memory, select the new modded save, then soft reset in game or
File > Import Battery File, select the new modded save, then soft reset in game
Capture.PNG

If an option like this pops up, select as per shown:
Capture.PNG

19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

so what fixed it (just for the record, to know its not a bug or anything)

It was just a bad save, it corrupted somehow. I had to delete it. For the greater good! I'm having so much fun. Making HGSS legendaries. Latias in a love ball, shiny lugia in a love ball, all matching legendaries in bank balls. Crazy good stuff. xD

Edited by JasonGS
  • Like 1