Pokemon Distribution Carts Keldo and Y90E and Meloetta Fakes?

YoshiMoshi

Hi,

I'm beginning to question the legitimacy of these carts that I own. Since all of my carts in question are ones that I purchased from other people, I'm not able to verify my concerns with known store copies. Please help me my friends and look at yours for comparisons.

First off the words "Pokemon" appear a lighter blue than the rest of my distribution carts. This is for both carts in question.

The Nintendo Seal appears to be a different color than all of my other distro carts. This is for both carts in question.

My Keldo Cart says "GAMECARD #" on the sticker on the back instead of what I see on all of my other carts "NOT FOR RESEAL"

My Y90E distro cart says "Asset #" instead of "NOT FOR RESEAL" like all of my other distro carts.

The PCB visible on the back appears to be a dark green instead of a light green, like all of my other distro carts.

I don't have a known example and am wondering if mine are fake. Please help me friends and post yours and post what yours has for comparison purposes. I don't dare open these carts, especially Y90E to take a peak at the PCB, but it already looks off from what I can see on the back. Thanks for any help.

For the pictures the one that says not for resale on it is my manaphy cart that I believe to be legitimate. The one that says GAMECARD on it is my Keldo Cart. The one that says Asset on it is my Y90E cart. Thanks for any help!

Spoiler

20170130_173454.jpg20170130_173452.jpg20170130_173448.jpg20170130_173439.jpg20170130_173422.jpg20170130_173320.jpg20170130_173334.jpg

There are variations of the backside label, so it doesn't matter if it says something other than "Not For Resale"

Like I told you before, don't buy them if they don't have the back label. If they don't have it, they may still be real, but there's a much higher chance it's fake.

If they have the backside label, there's a good chance it's real.

The quality of the stickers may vary, but if it's really badly washed out than it's probably a repro label at the least. PCB color differences may be a bad sign, but I'm not positive if there are any variations. I'll have to check all my DS carts later and get back to you.

I can't really say for certain if any of those are fakes, but the Meloetta is a bit suspicious. It may be perfectly fine, but I can't really tell unless you'd pry open the cart.

Edited by Deoxyz

53 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Like I told you before, don't buy them if they don't have the back label. If they don't have it, they may still be real, but there's a much higher chance it's fake.

If they have the backside label, there's a good chance it's real.

I've sold tons of these over the years and I've noted that many European cartridges did not have stickers. This is probably because many events were not store exclusive such as Shelmet/Karrablast and Michina Arceus. 

Note, my Shaymin EUR cartridge has no sticker and I "leaked" it out the store I used to work in. ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Soniktts said:

I've sold tons of these over the years and I've noted that many European cartridges did not have stickers. This is probably because many events were not store exclusive such as Shelmet/Karrablast and Michina Arceus. 

Note, my Shaymin EUR cartridge has no sticker and I "leaked" it out the store I used to work in. ;)

European and US carts are a bit different in a few ways. The carts in the US have the reverse stickers, and YoshiMoshi only currently has a collection of US carts.

Like you said, the sticker is probably because of the store-exclusivity thing. European carts went all over European countries at different events and locations, and US carts were specifically in either GameStop or Toys R Us.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing some DS repros on Etsy that only worked in DS Phat and DS Lite. Could try these in a DSi or 3DS and if they work, they might be legit. Granted, I don't know if there are repros out there that DO work on DSi and 3DS, but I can't think of any other legitimacy tests for these carts.

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:10 PM, YoshiMoshi said:

I also noticed something off with my Melotta cart! The nintendo seal looks like a different color and I'm missing a sticker on the back. The PCB also appears to be a darker green. Please see the pictures below.

Reveal hidden contents

20170130_180900.jpg20170130_180848.jpg20170130_180835.jpg

Sorry to revive an older thread, but this is the only conversation I could find and it didn't look like a conclusion had been found. Has the mystery of the slightly off coloured pcb boards been solved? I have a damaged dragonite which I use as a benchmark. My whole collection matches it except US keldeo, meloetta, y90E along with EUR y90p, y90z.

I recently contacted a seller about their personal collection and their meloetta and y90e match mine, but their keldeo is a different shade while all 3 of mine match. This just raises more questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...