Online Ban Wave – Almost 6,000 People Affected

xorhash

3 hours ago, LifeMushroom said:

I set up Homebrew, and used PKHex and genned a couple of legit Pokemon. I went online and on Battle Spot and did a match. I'm not banned. Hopefully it doesn't change.

but tat doesnt mean they wont ban you later it could be they havent gotten to you yet    .___.   hopefully we know all the answers soon  so i can help ppl get shiny pokemon again  ;o

2 hours ago, SolgaleoLunala said:

i have a question ,since it seems to be related to trainer info.. if i got a pokemon via wonder trade and wanted too change the trainer id too mine would it still count as bad or can i change the trainer id and it be fine as long as i dont change my own?

Editing a pokemon from wonder trade is fine just make sure to set it as egg and make sure to set the date for as egg as a new date example in the image below

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Simmsy
update info

10 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Editing a pokemon from wonder trade is fine just make sure to set it as egg and make sure to set the date for as egg as a new date example in the image below

Untitled.jpg

Please understand that you swapped the day and month fields. There is no 28th month. This should read 1/28/2017.

8 minutes ago, hehrerh said:

Please understand that you swapped the day and month fields. There is no 28th month. This should read 1/28/2017.

PKHeX displays the date based on the user's locale, I believe. Simmsy's computer displays it this way. PKHeX wouldn't allow you to have an invalid entry like that in the date field :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, abszs123 said:

From what it looks like it only seems to be happening if you're hacking stuff which you can't get naturally like shiny locks or unreleased pokemon. I just edited so I have 900 rare candies I think I should be in the clear

Considering you can buy Rare Candies with Battle Points (and get a bunch of Battle Points from Bank), I don't see that being something they'd ban for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mewtwo Ex said:

I don't do pkHex like i did with pokegen and pokesav back in the days, but i wonder why i haven't been banned after all the dumb experiments i do with powersaves and gamesync.

Just because they haven't banned you yet, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. There's a ton of people playing these games. They probably haven't got to you yet if you've done things they don't like. 

I think I should be in the clear. All I've done to my trainer is change his skin tone, but I never Game Synced until after the fact. I've synced twice and still no ban, but I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way. On my previous playthrough, I did give myself max rainbow beans and got all the Pelago islands that way .. not sure if that would've been grounds for a ban or not, but definitely trying to play this playthrough without using PKHeX as much, only hacking in things that'd make the game more fun and less of a grind (6IV Dittos for breeding, for example).

But yeah, it's becoming more and more clear that these bans are happening from carelessly hacking in things that aren't possible, like shiny-locked legendaries, complete Pokédex entries before Bank, getting Marshadow, trainer modifications, etc. It never mattered before, but apparently it is now. Maybe that'll lessen the chances of getting pitted against a ridiculously hacked team in rating battles.

On 04/02/2017 at 7:22 PM, ironclouds said:

It never mattered before, but apparently it is now.

It mattered before, just not as strongly as now.

(Having full dex, including unreleased, can block GTS access. I think Gen IV and V was affected. I didn't bother to try with Gen VI)

• 1 month later...