Pokemon XD: GoD (and Pokemon Colosseum) File editing Tools

This is a collection of a few small Java programs I wrote and have been using to edit some files in Pokemon XD: GoD and I've also recently found out that some of them also work with Pokemon Channel and Colosseum files.

They're mainly just more convenient than manually editing the files.

Almost all of them have size limits because changing file sizes needs modifications to the game's .toc and FSYS list.

• GTX to TGA: Converts .gtx files to TGA images, mainly useful to find out what they are
  • I_SF Tool: Inserts/extracts DSP files into/from XD's music FSYS files, the filenames usually begin with "stm_"
  • SAMP Tool: The same as above, uses .samp and .sdir files to extract and insert music samples, can be used to replace sound samples for sequenced music (Colosseum) and soundeffects, Pokemon Channel contains some too
  • LZSS Tool: Inserts/extracts files into/from .fsys files, filenames should not be changed for the insertion to work
  • ModelTextureExtractor/Inserter: Inserts/Extracts textures from model files in the form of .tpl files, the standard offset should usually work for most battle models, the offset needs to be set to 32 for overworld models and maps and to custom ones for some battle models that have particle data before the model
    Insertion has two options of reducing the palette of a TPL using a palette in case it is too large, though both are quite buggy, it's mostly a last resort option
    Again, don't change filenames of extracted textures for the insertion to work
    These should also work for Pokemon Channel's .dat files and Pokemon Colosseum's models
  • MoveTextureExtractor/Inserter: Does the same as the model one, but only works directly on FSYS files, I'm really not sure why I wrote it like this
  • String Table Editor: Just a more convenient way of editing the String tables, just removes the need to manage offsets and so on, top right corner shows all Special characters, adding a single byte can be done with {} too
  • XD THP Tool: Inserts/Exracts THP files from FSYS archives, the filenames usually start with "movie" 

Download: Here

EDIT 22.03.2017: bug fixes to model texture tools

Edited by evandixon
Remove emoticons
  • Like 1

Seems cool! And you did a very great job. However I don't hack Colosseum or XD, IMHO were perfect games, maybe the only wrong things were the pokémon cryes that were horrible to ear in NGC games (Anime cryes were be better) and that in Colosseum you cannot caught other wild pokémon like in XD...

I could get the mesh with textures, materials and so on easily, it's just the HAL DAT (Super Smash Bros Melee's) format hidden under some layers of structures.

I could also get it completely rigged if I was more experienced with Matrices and changing between spaces/coordinate systems/file formats and importing them into programs.

The things I'm looking for are the format of the animations and the arious property sections in these top layers of which I don't know what they do.

I can't really put an other meshes inside these files because the data is all mixed with other parts that I don't know.

Editing vertex positions is really easy though.

Oh, and I'm somewhat progressing onmap hitboxes.

Edited by Made_s

• 1 month later...
On 25 January 2017 at 3:43 PM, Made_s said:

This is a collection of a few small Java programs I wrote and have been using to edit some files in Pokemon xD: GoD and I've also recently found out that some of them also work with Pokemon Channel files.

Almost all of them have size limits because changing file sizes needs modifications to the game's .toc and FSYS list.

• GTX to TGA: Converts .gtx files to TGA images, mainly useful to find out what they are
  • I_SF Tool: Inserts/extracts DSP files into/from XD's music FSYS files, the filenames usually begin with "stm_"
  • SAMP Tool: The same as above, uses .samp and .sdir files to extract and insert music samples, can be used to replace sound samples for sequenced music (Colosseum) and soundeffects, Pokemon Channel contains some too
  • LZSS Tool: Inserts/extracts files into/from .fsys files, filenames should not be changed for the insertion to work
  • ModelTextureExtractor/Inserter: Inserts/Extracts textures from model files in the form of .tpl files, the standard offset should usually work for most battle models, the offset needs to be set to 32 for overworld models and maps and to custom ones for some battle models that have particle data before the model
    Insertion has two options of reducing the palette of a TPL using a palette in case it is too large, though both are quite buggy, it's mostly a last resort option
    These should also work for Pokemon Channel's .dat files and Pokemon Colosseum's models
  • MoveTextureExtractor/Inserter: Does the same as the model one, but only works directly on FSYS files, I'm really not sure why I wrote it like this
  • String Table Editor: Just a more convenient way of editing the String tables, just removes the need to manage offsets and so on, top right corner shows all Special characters, adding a single byte can be done with {} too
  • xD THP Tool: Inserts/Exracts THP files from FSYS archives, the filenames usually start with "movie" 

These tools have been really helpful! I've hit a little snag though. When inserting tpls back into a model some of them aren't working. When reextracting them the textures are completely black. Do you know what causes this problem? Like maybe the new texture is too large or has too many colours?

On 21 March 2017 at 6:06 AM, Made_s said:

Can you send me a copy or the location in the iso of the model and the texture (s) you tried to insert?

EDIT: fixed some bugs in model texture tools try again now.

Thanks, I'll give the new version ago. I was working with pkx_groudon.fsys at 0x1af3e6c0.

Here are the textures I'm trying to insert: https://www.mediafire.com/?ipukt940be23qrj

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having trouble pulling the cries out of stm_se_nakigoe_archive.fsys (where I assume they reside). I_SF Tool complains about 'Error due to Invalid or corrupted file' and LZSS thing extracts 776 (null)#.fdat s which doesn't seem quite right. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Edited by MechanicalPen
spelling mistakes

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 8:43 AM, Made_s said:

This is a collection of a few small Java programs I wrote and have been using to edit some files in Pokemon XD: GoD and I've also recently found out that some of them also work with Pokemon Channel and Colosseum files.

• XD THP Tool: Inserts/Exracts THP files from FSYS archives, the filenames usually start with "movie" 

EDIT 22.03.2017: bug fixes to model texture tools

How would I run this? It's just a bunch of class files. I don't know if they are executable or not.

Nevermind about that, I just used Eclipse and java sdk. Now, after opening the program (Model Texture Extractor/Inserter), I found that with the default offset, there are no textures found. What offset do I need to extract all the model textures of the pokemon?

Edit 2: I just tried with xd with the default values, still no materials found

Edited by Aurorans

• 6 months later...

im stuck. for Colo use LZSS Tool to extract bgm archive created 78 unusable (probably sequence) files, use Samp tool to extract snd music.samp and atmos.samp but it require sdir and no sdir in Colo. For XD use isf tool can only extract and cannot insert, what do i do?