Pokemon Go compatibility and GenII VC

jojo12100

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think it was a joke.

Plus XD/Colo were Gen III, so they should not activate the Gameboy Icon, but rather a GameCube (lol)

Lol quite not easy to understand face value when you're not English native.

In order to know for GenII VC we'll just have to wait the Bank update release. For Go cross Sun/Moon/Star I really think they are working on. Maybe an event, maybe something else. Note that for Switch Nintendo is working on mobile app to controle the console so if Star comes to Switch it'll be easy for them.

@ajxpk Remember Pokemon Dream Radar event you got when you have a cardrige inserted (HeartGold gives Ho-oh ...)?

It works the same way when you transfer from gen4 to gen5. It only reads the versions the Pokemon was caught not the region.

Edited by jojo12100

10 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

But I also remember that in Black & White EVERY Pokemon that was caught in HeartGold & SoulSilver was automatically said to be from Johto

That's because the region identified is based on Game ID,
so as annoying as it is, all HGSS Pokemon, including ones caught in Kanto side -> "Caught" in Johto.

Which is also the method employed by SM, yet they couldn't bothered to define ID 39-41 as Johto, but could be bothered to put the Gameboy Icon.

I'm presenting downloading 1.1, to see if the differences are there.

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Lol quite not easy to understand face value when you're not English native.

In order to know for GenII VC we'll just have to wait the Bank update release. For Go cross Sun/Moon/Star I really think they are working on. Maybe an event, maybe something else. Note that for Switch Nintendo is working on mobile app to controle the console so if Star comes to Switch it'll be easy for them.

Not that I'm capable of ripping into the Pokemon Bank's data, but someone will likely do it.

Well, gotta wait for Pokemon Star's official name and release date first.
also, a good time to release Gen 2 VC is on Gold&Silver 20th Anniversary, November 21, 2019.

edit:
Running the v1.1 game on citra, no difference. still Distant land.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

That's because the region identified is based on Game ID,
so as annoying as it is, all HGSS Pokemon, including ones caught in Kanto side -> "Caught" in Johto.

Which is also the method employed by SM, yet they couldn't bothered to define ID 39-41 as Johto, but could be bothered to put the Gameboy Icon.

I'm presenting downloading 1.1, to see if the differences are there.

Not that I'm capable of ripping into the Pokemon Bank's data, but someone will likely do it.

Well, gotta wait for Pokemon Star's official name and release date first.
also, a good time to release Gen 2 VC is on Gold&Silver 20th Anniversary, November 21, 2019.

Maybe the project was delayed in order to implant an equivalent of Mobile Connection, using Wi-Fi?

It'll be awesome !!!

Edited by jojo12100

20 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Maybe the project was delayed in order to implant an equivalent of Mobile Connection, using Wi-Fi?

It'll be awesome !!!

Erm, as in Pokemon Crystal's Mobile connection gets revived via Wi-Fi.
While that feature will be cool, I don't think that's why it's delayed.

Rather, making money is about spacing things out, about timing.
Pretty sure RBYG would have been easy to release on VC, seeing how they use the same rom.
(tho their VC machine itself is running patches alongside the game).

Pretty sure VC RBYG was timed to be release for their 20th Anniversary, cause it'll definitely sell.
(I bought the clear red and clear blue 2DS, cause why not lol)

Also, I should have realized sooner that ID 34 Pokemon is treated as Gen 7 Pokemon,
because it's reading and displaying the correct met location as per met offsets in a Pokemon file.
Capture.PNG

And just to screw with People:
Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I know that it's because of the Game ID but there would have been ways to do it, even if it's just by a simple flag. 

Tho that would mean they'll have to set aside a list of locations to reference,
then name them Kanto, which they were probably too lazy to do.

I was sad when they didn't bring back Sevii Islands :/

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Erm, as in Pokemon Crystal's Mobile connection gets revived via Wi-Fi.
While that feature will be cool, I don't think that's why it's delayed.

Rather, making money is about spacing things out, about timing.
Pretty sure RBYG would have been easy to release on VC, seeing how they use the same rom.
(tho their VC machine itself is running patches alongside the game).

Pretty sure VC RBYG was timed to be release for their 20th Anniversary, cause it'll definitely sell.
(I bought the clear red and clear blue 2DS, cause why not lol)

Yeah you're right, money rules in Pokemon World ^^

But sometimes delays are really caused by technical problems (think about QR Rental teams in Sun/Moon).

Wait and see.

Just have to wait 7 days for Pokemon Bank update if not delayed. And then we'll know.

2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Yeah you're right, money rules in Pokemon World ^^

But sometimes delays are really caused by technical problems (think about QR Rental teams in Sun/Moon).

Wait and see.

Just have to wait 7 days for Pokemon Bank update if not delayed. And then we'll know.

I think SciresM figured out how the QR rental teams worked before it was released,
but of course the issue could have been server side/PGL side..

Plus there has been a lot of time for them to work on VC. Heck, people hacked in RBY and GSC for VC already.
I think they've even got trading working for GSC titles.

Also it seems the Pokemon Bank update is ready, they're just holding it off.

It'll probably be released slowly by regions, to prevent server overload.

Still can't make out what icon for ID 34 looks like.
Pokemon Duel may be possible too, since it's a round icon, and Pokemon Duel's logo is a spinning wheel.

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think SciresM figured out how the QR rental teams worked before it was released,
but of course the issue could have been server side/PGL side..

Plus there has been a lot of time for them to work on VC. Heck, people hacked in RBY and GSC for VC already.
I think they've even got trading working for GSC titles.

Also it seems the Pokemon Bank update is ready, they're just holding it off.

It'll probably be released slowly by regions, to prevent server overload.

Still can't make out what icon for ID 34 looks like.
Pokemon Duel may be possible too, since it's a round icon, and Pokemon Duel's logo is a spinning wheel.

For me, according your picture and SciresM picture it's a G inside of an  O.

40 minutes ago, Soniktts said:

Guys, am I okay to make a video on this? I will include links and credit everyone involved of course. (including twitter and ProjectPokemon.org). Does anyone object to me using their images provided on here? 

sorry make a video about what?

2 minutes ago, Soniktts said:

All this information, basically. Update revealing all this new potential compatibility. 

I don't stand for everyone, but since we posted all this information in the open, heck, go ahead.
Just don't get your channel taken down or something.

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Bank online, will be testing some crap and uploading results shortly.

Glitched Mew did not go through.
It did NOT go through.

Also, The Mewnium SID is changed to 0 by Pokebank.

Was it level 1 or maybe under leveled from the GF event one?

4 minutes ago, Rei Keima said:

If you were to view a 'mon with Game ID 34 in Bank, Bank itself will say it's from GO.

This is the type of definite proof we all needed.
Thank you so much!

I read that shininess stays, but it isn't staying for me.
Maybe I used the wrong IVs lol.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be 15/10/10/10

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

This is the type of definite proof we all needed.
Thank you so much!

I read that shininess stays, but it isn't staying for me.
Maybe I used the wrong IVs lol.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be 15/10/10/10

I have a shiny Abra I caught in gen 2. I could send you the file if you'd be interested in testing it for me. 

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

SciresM cracked the code.

GF switched the ATK and DEF requirement LOL

I hope they fix this with an update (maybe they will alongside gen 2?), since if they ever release gen 2, the gen 1-2 trasnfer capabilities will mess all the shiny transfer.

9 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Note that if Gen 1 Pokemon obtained in Gen2 are blocked by the Poketransporter we have a huge clue !!!!

Well as we said earlier, Gen I doesn't record met/capture data, so other than them blocking all Mews that don't match their official one, there shouldn't be any way to block or determine which game a pokemon came from. Unless there's some moves that a certain pokemon can learn in Gen II that they can't in Gen I, and that move exists in Gen I, then maybe it'll block it as a hack. I don't know how well Poke Transporter's Gen I hack filter is though, other than the Mew thing.

So for example, if you trade a Magikarp from Gen II to Gen I, it has no way to determine which game it came from. As the game IDs don't exist in these games, only added to the pokemon's data by Pokemon Transporter, all it shows is that it was traded from another game based of the OT/TID, not which game. If you send it through Transporter, it'll treat it as a pokemon from RGBY.

7 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Well as we said earlier, Gen I doesn't record met/capture data, so other than them blocking all Mews that don't match their official one, there shouldn't be any way to block or determine which game a pokemon came from. Unless there's some moves that a certain pokemon can learn in Gen II that they can't in Gen I, and that move exists in Gen I, then maybe it'll block it as a hack. I don't know how well Poke Transporter's Gen I hack filter is though, other than the Mew thing.

So for example, if you trade a Magikarp from Gen II to Gen I, it has no way to determine which game it came from. As the game IDs don't exist in these games, only added to the pokemon's data by Pokemon Transporter, all it shows is that it was traded from another game based of the OT/TID, not which game. If you send it through Transporter, it'll treat it as a pokemon from RGBY.

Yes,you're right, my bad, during my tests I have a wild Pidgey (which moveset was changed during gen2) and a wild Dragonair (which still don't pass don't know why).

But researches still need to be done about the update of Pokemon Transporter.

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Yes,you're right, my bad, during my tests I have a wild Pidgey (which moveset was changed during gen2) and a wild Dragonair (which still don't pass don't know why).

But researches still need to be done about the update of Pokemon Transporter.

They're gonna have to release another Transporter update anyway. From what I understand, it's only checking legality based off Pokemon Yellow, so a lot of completely legit stuff won't pass right now. Not to mention their awful mistake with shininess.

Still, there's no record of game origin in Gen I games, so Gen II pokemon are treated as Gen I, and will pass as long as long as it has a legal Gen I moveset. I can't remember if there are any cases where a Gen I pokemon in Gen II can learn moves that exist in Gen I, but aren't part of their Gen I moveset. Depending on the quality of Transport's hack filter, a case like this shouldn't theoretically pass.

3 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

They're gonna have to release another Transporter update anyway. From what I understand, it's only checking legality based off Pokemon Yellow, so a lot of completely legit stuff won't pass right now. Not to mention their awful mistake with shininess.

Still, there's no record of game origin in Gen I games, so Gen II pokemon are treated as Gen I, and will pass as long as long as it has a legal Gen I moveset. I can't remember if there are any cases where a Gen I pokemon in Gen II can learn moves that exist in Gen I, but aren't part of their Gen I moveset. Depending on the quality of Transport's hack filter, a case like this shouldn't theoretically pass.

Yes it is. Example: Tackle for Pidgey (lol) or Aurora Beam for Lapras.

Edited by jojo12100