Looking for somebody who can RNG Colosseum

HaxAras

I know it's possible to RNG Pokemon Colosseum mons. I've seen a few different videos and sources of it. So I'm trying to find a partner to work with. I have the ability to play Colosseum in every language and I have the Japanese E-reader cards so I can get the Colosseum E-reader Pokemon in every language. 

If I can find somebody who can RNG, we can work together to get a unique set each of Colosseum E-reader Pokemon shiny. 

17 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Can't really help you but I found

that

and that

and that

Hope it'll help you

Well, hopefully somebody else can make use of it. I tried messing around with that Japanese tool and it's a waste of time. Or maybe that hard to read guide is useless. I followed it's terrible instructions to the best of my ability but when I hit the search button, nothing happened. 

3 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Without these Japanese Tools RNG on real Hardware is impossible.
Besides even adjusting to RNG just one Pokemon can even take many hours.
And it includes working with the internal GCN Clock, catching Pokemon and documenting to figure out the Seed... which is a pain.
It's much easier to do on an Emulator, since you can make Savestates and even can get a view into the current Memory.
I know you're not a friend of Emulators but for this I would highly recommend to use one. 

I won't be RNG'ing. I'm leaving that up to somebody else if I can find them. I can easily back up my Colosseum save and send it to them and put their save on my memory card and scan in the cards to the save using my E-reader.

Edited by HaxAras

@HaxAras if you don't find people who have interest in doing this for you,
you may have to learn how to RNG for yourself.

So in the mean time, learn how to RNG on emulators for easier games first (to familiarize yourself with the relevant programs and details).
I've recently learnt how to RNG for Pokemon Emerald, in order to grab another japanese Mew.

A good place to start is this:

If you prefer guide with images, I've got it below:

Spoiler

Purpose of this exercise is simply to familiarize you with the tools involved.

For my case, what I've done is, use RNG Reporter to find which frame gives shiny Mew.
(in this case, frame 2655)
capture1.PNG

In emulator, with emulator paused, advance to the required frame using Ctrl + N
Once at desired frame, hold down the button designated for A and unpause (Ctrl + P)
[lua script must be loaded; you'll see the frame advance here]
Capture5.PNG

It's common to see not intended result.
capture2.PNG

Check which frame this Mew belongs to.
capture3.PNG

Using RNG Reporter, I found out that while my intended frame is 2655, I instead hit 2771.
So to hit 2655, I need to hold down A at [2655 - (2771 - 2655)] = 2539

Success!

Capture4.PNG

Also, this was previously mentioned regarding retail Colo RNG: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/23999-how-to-abuse-rng-in-pokémon-colosseum/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sabresite said:

EReader pokes can be shiny?

I'm pretty sure in either the original "Colosseum "Beta/Unreleased Room" thread or Zerbe92?'s thread there was a link to some Japanese guys page who got them shiny as well. Sorry I don't have a link. I'm easily sun-blinded by light and can barely see anything. My vision is incredibly spotty. (I wish this site had a dark theme)

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@HaxAras if you don't find people who have interest in doing this for you,
you may have to learn how to RNG for yourself.

So in the mean time, learn how to RNG on emulators for easier games first (to familiarize yourself with the relevant programs and details).
I've recently learnt how to RNG for Pokemon Emerald, in order to grab another japanese Mew.

A good place to start is this:

If you prefer guide with images, I've got it below:

Reveal hidden contents

Purpose of this exercise is simply to familiarize you with the tools involved.

For my case, what I've done is, use RNG Reporter to find which frame gives shiny Mew.
(in this case, frame 2655)
capture1.PNG

In emulator, with emulator paused, advance to the required frame using Ctrl + N
Once at desired frame, hold down the button designated for A and unpause (Ctrl + P)
[lua script must be loaded; you'll see the frame advance here]
Capture5.PNG

It's common to see not intended result.
capture2.PNG

Check which frame this Mew belongs to.
capture3.PNG

Using RNG Reporter, I found out that while my intended frame is 2655, I instead hit 2771.
So to hit 2655, I need to hold down A at [2655 - (2771 - 2655)] = 2539

Success!

Capture4.PNG

Also, this was previously mentioned regarding retail Colo RNG: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/23999-how-to-abuse-rng-in-pokémon-colosseum/

(Sorry for the double post, I forgot to quote this too. I saw this on my phone earlier. It looked really comprehensive but I must be retarded or something. I just can't do anything involving math and I have little to no patience. So stuff like this and emulators blows up in my face repeatedly and everything I do fails, so I waste what free time I have and get nothing out of it. I'll give it a read and if I can even comprehend it, I'll give it a try. 

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

(Sorry for the double post, I forgot to quote this too. I saw this on my phone earlier. It looked really comprehensive but I must be retarded or something. I just can't do anything involving math and I have little to no patience. So stuff like this and emulators blows up in my face repeatedly and everything I do fails, so I waste what free time I have and get nothing out of it. I'll give it a read and if I can even comprehend it, I'll give it a try. 

no worries about it!

Also, if you want to practice, use Emerald, since it's starting seed is always 0 (meaning won't need to change seed value in rng reporter, one less hassle)

• Like 1