Unreleased Prototype Pokemon

jojo12100

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

then you'll have to do it at a different thread, cause that'll be off-topic.

That wouldn't be too hard, right? XD

xD You got me,buddy....

xD This gave me quite the good laugh.

Also, @Kaphotics @SciresM anyone here that's on youtube etc.

THE VIDEOS ARE AMAZING :D

Hoping to make a remastered Pokemon Black and White or Pkm B2W2 (one day... one day.... i don't have any time D: oh man...) using @Kaphotics Ytube vids

@KarpyZFishman

aka @theSLAYER

The NEBBY man! THE NEBBBY!!!!!

GET IN THE BAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/21/2017 at 5:43 AM, coltonsmogon said:

I updated the tcrf article with the AR codes for the PAL version of Colosseum, @HaxAras.

Are you sure those are the right codes? I just input them to my Action Replay, booted up Suloku's Spanish save and it loaded me to the regular menu. I was attempting to steer this thread back on course and ended up just wasting half an hour. 

Edit:
I'm going to go back later to make sure the code was entered in correctly. That AR interface is a nightmare so I'm not doing it now. 

Edited by HaxAras

2 minutes ago, Lum said:

If the German codes are different like this topic says, it's safe to presume we don't have Spanish (or Italian and French) codes to enter the menu yet.

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2022

Is the German version of the code listed on that site? Cause the PAL copy allows you to change the language of the game. So I could just use the Colo/XD save editor to change Suloku's save to German and try again. 

Yes. This is the German one I quoted from there.

Enable Japanese Bonus Disc Content [Ralf]
1HJF-J7MA-AZEVY
WNR8-RY3Q-29P6T
GMNK-UQNE-QR78H
WHZ0-EWPJ-12BTD
NRTU-8KHF-1PZZ8
F57Q-1RNH-ZBAKF
CNU4-TJFW-TR1W0

On 8/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, Lum said:

Yes. This is the German one I quoted from there.

Perfect. I intend to play through the game in German literally any day now. So I'll just make it a 100% PT and purify everything and try out that code. Is there a code to get into the German version using the E-reader? I can just convert the save to English or Japanese and back but this would save me time. When I get my cable back from my bro, I can get the German E-reader mons as well.

Not directly. You can enter the e-reader room in PAL, but the game won't connect to the e-reader that way.

javier_himura mentioned a workaround to try earlier.

As i said the PAL version of Pokemon Colloseum does not work with the e-reader in Dolphin but the JP version works. I dont know it doesnt working with the PAL game is an error with dolphin or just e-reader works with the american version but not with the european one.

BUT it is possible to have an unreleased pokemon with PAL version using just Dolphin and VBA. I explain what i did

First, change the region of your savegame to JP, to do that open the gci save file with an hex editor and change the first 4 bytes. In PAL the first bytes is GC6P and USA savefile will have GC6U or maybe GC6E, we need GC6J for JP version. Just like that, nothing more. The save banner will be the wrong one but doesn't matter, the game doesn't care about the banner.

Now open again the save file with PkmGCSaveEditor and change the region and language in Game Configuration to NTSC-J and Japanesse or else the game will not works.

Inject the gci file into the memory card raw for japanesse games with the memory card tool included with dolphin and then press the option "Fix Checksum".

Load the japanesse ISO, remember to do not have the GBA pluged into controller port B or else the controller will not works. You just need to load the game and then select GBA in port B controller options.

Load the e-reader+ rom in VBA. I use myself the version VisualBoyAdvance-M-SVN-r1507, that version have options to load e-reader raw dotcodes. In VBA select link connection with Dolphin and connect.

In the Gamecube load your savefile a go to the e-reader room in Phenac Stadium. In VBA select GameCube connection and then in Gamecube talk to the woman at the left and select the first option, a program will be loaded into the GBA. This is the point where the PAL game does not works, it wont connect with VBA, but the japanesse game will.

You can now make a savestate in VBA and use it always to connect to GC, that way wont be necesary to do the process of download the program to the GBA anymore. But do not try to make savestates in Dolphin, i did it and then Dolphin could not save the files in its memory card. You will need to play in Dolphin without savestates, using only normal save files.

Ok, now the e-reader part. In VBA select load e-reader dot code and load one of the Colloseum cards, for example the first card, A1. It wont do nothing, is normal. Then go to elevator in GC and enter. It will launch a japanesse menu with a list (still empty) of e-reader trainers, here if you press A it will load the last card readed in VBA, in this case the fist trainer, and inmediatly the fight will begin.

After beating the first trainer, you will return to the e-reader menu. If you press A again it will tell you that you need to read the next cards of the series. Go to VBA an load another card, for example the card A2. Another fight will begin. You can read the card in VBA whanever anytime, the GC will read the last card loaded when you press A in the e-trainers menu. You can read the cards in any order, you can a card of a defeated trainer and it will starts a fight with more levels until you beat him in 3 difficulties.

If you leave the e-trainers menu you will need to talk again to the left woman to check the connection with the VBA, thats way is impossible to fight the trainers without e-reader using a save editor, the game will check the connection with GBA and it will check the e-reader before allow you to start a battle.

After beating 5 trainers in a row in one difficulty mode you will fight a special trainer. After beating 20 trainers and 4 special trainers in one difficulty the shadow trainer will appeared in the room. Here comes the unrealeshed part.

Now exit the e-trainers menu, you will see the trainer waiting in front of the door. Ignore him, just save the game and stop the emulator.

Now, with the dolphin memory card tool extract the japanesse save game and make all the changes from the start but backwards, we want the file again ready for the PAL/NTSC-U game. Hexesit, PkmGCSaveEditor, inject it into the PAL/USA memory card and fix checksum again.

Now load your PAL/NTSC-U game, you will be in the e-reader room with the shadow trainer available. Just beat it and catch your shadow unreleased pokemon.

After that you will need to repeat the process again 2 times more, to beat again all the trainers in Normal difficult for the 2ns shadow pokemon, and hard for the 3rd.

GC6_P01_1.png

GC6_P01_2.png

GC6_P01_3.png

GC6_P01_4.png

Messing with hex editors and all that is beyond my ability. I'd rather use the Colo/XD: save editor to convert my German save to English temporarily and then back when it's time to catch the E-reader mons. I've also never used Dolphin and have terrible luck with emulators. I also want to be able to say I'm the second person to get German E-reader mons with legit and official hardware. After Zerbe.

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

While I'm playing Colosseum and getting the Colosseum Pikachu and Agate Celebi and the German E-reader mons, do we need a German Mattle Ho-oh still in gen 3? Cause I can get that as well.

Just remember to convert the save to USA English, and use USA Colosseum.

If what I saw in Dolphin several months ago is correct, the actual dialogue pointers in the PAL version of the game are broken and the e-reader connection screen doesn't appear.

Back in business ^^

So I decided first to get all the non-buggy Pokemon from Pokemon Yellow Bug Town (Here for explanations). That was hard but I succeded.

Then I also found that you can still catch wild Wailord in Pokemon Prism thanks to the walk through walls code. But I still haven't find any fossil.

Finally I'll try to see if I can get the data of the surfing Pikachu from that game just for personal use.

Edit: I got it but each time I try to edit my save I got a save corruption. That's hard

022 - FEAROW - 60BC.pk1

027 - SANDSHREW - 6231.pk1

058 - GROWLITHE - A5E9.pk1

080 - SLOWBRO - 749A.pk1

100 - VOLTORB - A575.pk1

100 - VOLTORB - B161.pk1

115 - KANGASKHAN - 6400.pk1

123 - SCYTHER - D357.pk1

Edited by jojo12100
  • Thanks 1
  • Proud 1

Researches of Hacky from GlitchCity Laboratories showed that if you ranked #1 in Battle Tower in Crystal you win a GS Ball. Amazing Link

He also did researches about the Odd Egg event: apparently when you first connect the Mobile Adapter you got it. I'll try in Crystal Debug.

I also learned is that most of gen4 wi-fi innovations were created in fact in gen2 with Crystal (I saw with crystal debug the ancestor of GTS that is in fact very similar to DP one).

Finally I read today that Masuda decided to make FRLG when they found the incompatibility of gen2 and gen3 mons mostly due to the mechanics of abilities and IV too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Researches of Hacky from GlitchCity Laboratories showed that if you ranked #1 in Battle Tower in Crystal you win a GS Ball. Amazing Link

I totally got mislead by this statement.

I thought it meant normal gameplay, but if I understand this correctly, it's related to debugging features in relation to the mobile com device

• Like 1
  • Ditto 2

On 8/20/2017 at 7:37 PM, HaxAras said:

Make AR codes for all languages outside of German, English and Japanese to reach the bonus disk content for Colosseum. And codes in all non-English languages for the XD: Un-released starters, Geodude and Zubat? I think it was. 

Shouldn't we first make sure the codes we have work? As I've been trying to explain all along, nobody online I know about has specifically proven that the PAL version of Colosseum is capable of transferring Celebi and Pikachu to a GBA.

To be fair it's not impossible Nintendo's translators goofed, and German Colosseum sends them with a Japanese OT and nickname like the picture I linked to earlier implies.

Edited by Lum

27 minutes ago, Lum said:

Shouldn't we first make sure the codes we have work? As I've been trying to explain all along, nobody online I know about has specifically proven that the PAL version of Colosseum is capable of transferring Celebi and Pikachu to a GBA.

To be fair it's not impossible Nintendo's translators goofed, and German Colosseum sends them with a Japanese OT and nickname like the picture I linked to earlier implies.

"Replace Ageto Celebi With Japanese Ageto Celebi [Ralf]"

This being ones of the codes is something I find interesting. My friend has my GBA  - GCN cable. Originally I sold it to him but he got another and is sending it back. I still have to finish beating Colosseum 100% again. Admittedly I've been lazy about it but it's also a time consuming and tedious process I've done 4 1/2 times already. I also need to do Mt.Battle and get Duking's Plusle and the E-reader mons so I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I'll try to put more effort into this project though and report back as soon as I can. 

Edited by HaxAras

4 hours ago, BlackShark said:

PKHeX should be able to edit Battle Revolution saves but I don't have the game so I can't help.

Ok, someone with Dolphin can easily do that.

Unfortunately I don't have access anymore.

Edit: @BlackShark I have 2 bad news. First rental teams are not in the storage (but somewhere in the save) and the second is that HxD crashes when I try to see the Dolphin RAM of a Wii game (but I got save states). Need help.

Edited by jojo12100

6 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Ok, someone with Dolphin can easily do that.

Unfortunately I don't have access anymore.

Edit: @BlackShark I have 2 bad news. First rental teams are not in the storage (but somewhere in the save) and the second is that HxD crashes when I try to see the Dolphin RAM of a Wii game (but I got save states). Need help.

Dolphin has a debugger that should have a memory viewer. You have to start it from the command line with the following command:
dolphin.exe -d

If the debugger isn't useful maybe you could try an older or newer version of Dolphin and see if that works with HxD.