Bug-Catching Contest Venomoth

jojo12100

Here's my new challenge:

try to get the unused bug-catching contest Venomoth in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

what we know: there is an unused Venomoth table in bug-catching contest

what we ignore: is it possible to force-load the content? or is it just a leftover?

Helpers are welcome.

I also beggin my studies about FunFiesta mission but it'll take time.

Venomoth.PNG

1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

Done. It was really easy.

049 - AEROMITE - 515C.pk2

Wouldn't that be achieved similarly to using a Venomoth encounter code, say, anywhere in the game?

In my head, this is becoming a where do we draw the line game lol

This isn't like Altering Cave,
where the encounter is programmed to change with a simply event, right?

(which then again, then end result will be similar to using a AR encounter code anywhere)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Wouldn't that be achieved similarly to using a Venomoth encounter code, say, anywhere in the game?

In my head, this is becoming a where do we draw the line game lol

This isn't like Altering Cave,
where the encounter is programmed to change with a simply event, right?

(which then again, then end result will be similar to using a AR encounter code anywhere)

Well, I didn't input an encounter code but I did as said in my post. I inverted Caterpie and Venomoth slots.

Is it or not legal is not really the question. The data exists in the game but cannot apparently be accessed.

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Well, I didn't input an encounter code but I did as said in my post. I inverted Caterpie and Venomoth slots.

Is it or not legal is not really the question. The data exists in the game but cannot apparently be accessed.

No no, this isn't a question about legality, since nothing we've been doing are legal ;P

What I meant to say, stuff like Developer's or Debuggers' Pokemon or hidden trades are more "unique",
since they've mostly got definite details/stats/.pkm data pre-programmed,
whereas situation like this Venomoth is easily simulated by using an encounter code to catch them.
(and they'll also be indistinguishable from one extracted from the hidden slot)

Still I found it interesting that a Venomoth slot was programmed but deactivated, so that got to account for something ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

No no, this isn't a question about legality, since nothing we've been doing are legal ;P

What I meant to say, stuff like Developer's or Debuggers' Pokemon or hidden trades are more "unique",
since they've mostly got definite details/stats/.pkm data pre-programmed,
whereas situation like this Venomoth is easily simulated by using an encounter code to catch them.
(and they'll also be indistinguishable from one extracted from the hidden slot)

Still I found it interesting that a Venomoth slot was programmed but deactivated, so that got to account for something ;)

For me "leftovers" pokemon are all unique.

Some are known, some are really hidden.

My next challenge will be the FunFiesta exclusive mission ones; I'd love to get also the wild Scizor and the wild Shiinotic from Sun/Moon (the ones you cannot catch) and the Litwick wondercard from Gen5.

And honestly it's very exciting challenges ^^

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

For me "leftovers" pokemon are all unique.

Some are known, some are really hidden.

My next challenge will be the FunFiesta exclusive mission ones; I'd love to get also the wild Scizor and the wild Shiinotic from Sun/Moon (the ones you cannot catch) and the Litwick wondercard from Gen5.

And honestly it's very exciting challenges ^^

Well I gotta agree that these are interesting challenges.

Perhaps you may want to start another thread that has all the collated results, then link them separately to all these scattered threads.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Well I gotta agree that these are interesting challenges.

Perhaps you may want to start another thread that has all the collated results, then link them separately to all these scattered threads.

Yes, I will. Like that other projects can be started too.

Do you have a preference for the location of this huge-thread?

I'm a bit busy today by the Japan Expo Junichi Masuda masterclass it's really interesting what he says about the history of the developpement of the game. I hope we can do subtitles for ProjectPokemon in order to save and share this moment.

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Yes, I will. Like that other projects can be started too.

Do you have a preference for the location of this huge-thread?

I'm a bit busy today by the Japan Expo Junichi Masuda masterclass it's really interesting what he says about the history of the developpement of the game. I hope we can do subtitles for ProjectPokemon in order to save and share this moment.

Since it's mostly Pokemon Related, I'll say it should be in the pkm forums