Is drag/dropping pokemon from Gen4 and Gen5 to Gen6/7 same as using PokeBank?

Duxa

So I dug out my retail copies of Pearl, Black and White 2. I have a bunch of Pokemon in those games Id like to transfer to X/Y and Sun/Moon (once they release the PokeBank update). All of the pokemon I have are legit (all caught myself), id like to know if I open my save in PkHex for Pearl and Drag/Drop the pokemon I want to X/Y or S/M if to the game it would look the same as if it was sent via PokeBank?

I do not have PokeBank and so am not sure if everything is transferable? It looks like there is no legality check on transfered pokemon? Why is this? I have a couple that I got from Toys R Us and Gamestop promotions (local WiFi) when they did those events back in 2010/2011, but not sure if it would be legal to transfer those? 

Im not interested in hacking/creating or injecting stuff, I just basically want to avoid paying for PokeBank since I only need it for this one purpose to transfer my pokemon from older games. I dont want to actually store anything in there.

Thanks!

Edited by Duxa

3->6 works fine, 1<->2 as well. PKHeX only emulates official transfer methods (no 2->3 or 6->3).

6->7 is currently placeholder; the structure did not change but it is unknown what modifications Pokebank will perform. There are a few alterations that I know of which can be used later to flag invalid transfers... there is no point changing things now as it's better to implement everything for that transfer method at the same time (when the official method is out).

27 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

3->6 works fine, 1<->2 as well. PKHeX only emulates official transfer methods (no 2->3 or 6->3).

6->7 is currently placeholder; the structure did not change but it is unknown what modifications Pokebank will perform. There are a few alterations that I know of which can be used later to flag invalid transfers... there is no point changing things now as it's better to implement everything for that transfer method at the same time (when the official method is out).

Please correct me if Im wrong. But am I understanding correctly that if I use X/Y or OR/AS save instead of Sun/Moon at this time then transfers from Gen4,5 would look like they were made through PokeBank? And there will be a legality check to let me know if Im transfering something untransferable?

For instance when I try transfer one the Met Location is changed to "Poke Transfer" Is that what PokeBank would do? I thought it would change it to region that the pokemon came from, Johnto or whatever the region was?

Edited by Duxa

The location gets sets to Poké Transfer, but the game shows something about which region it came from based on the game of origin ("Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the [region] region", it doesn't show "Met at PokéTransfer".)

2 minutes ago, Ammako said:

The location gets sets to Poké Transfer, but the game shows something about which region it came from based on the game of origin ("Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the [region] region", it doesn't show "Met at PokéTransfer".)

Oh that makes sense thank you!

My mistake, actually. Poké Transfer refers to Poké Transfer from Gen. IV to Gen. V (I got confused between that and the Pokémon Bank PokéTransfer.)

All Gen. V encounter data remains intact when transferred to Gen. VI, Pokémon transferred from III-IV get their location set to what it would be had it been transferred to Gen. V, but Gen. VI overrides it on Summary screen and displays that message that I've pointed out earlier.

11 minutes ago, Ammako said:

My mistake, actually. Poké Transfer refers to Poké Transfer from Gen. IV to Gen. V (I got confused between that and the Pokémon Bank PokéTransfer.)

All Gen. V encounter data remains intact when transferred to Gen. VI, Pokémon transferred from III-IV get their location set to what it would be had it been transferred to Gen. V, but Gen. VI overrides it on Summary screen and displays that message that I've pointed out earlier.

Ok so it sounds like if I drag and drop Gen 4/5 to 6 then it will be exactly the same as if I transfered through Pokebank. Legality checking though is still not possible for those pokemon? I guess ill have to dig up a list somewhere of what cant be transfered. out of curiousity why cant legality be checked once transfered to Gen 6?