Hidden Event Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire

jojo12100

So guys, I just got the Pikachu Egg!

According to Háčky's post at the Glitch City forums "You can see the actual packet that’s transmitted by viewing RAM starting at $02000000."

So knowing this I did the transfer via VBA-M and looked up the RAM adresses in it's Memory Viewer. You will find a few bytes in the WRAM, including the 80 bytes of the encrypted Pokemon data at 0x02000024. I extracted and decrypted this data and was able to load it via PKHeX!

The Pikachu is at Lv 5 and has the Moves Thunder Shock and Growl. There's nothing special about it. The egg itsself has OT: ENGLISH and ID: 09999/00000 as well as the fateful encounter location but that all gets overwritten upon hatching.

Pikachu_Egg.pk3

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

According to Háčky's post at the Glitch City forums "You can see the actual packet that’s transmitted by viewing RAM starting at $02000000."

So knowing this I did the transfer via VBA-M and looked up the RAM adresses in it's Memory Viewer. You will find a few bytes in the WRAM, including the 80 bytes of the encrypted Pokemon data at 0x02000024. I extracted and decrypted this data and was able to load it via PKHeX!

The Pikachu is at Lv 5 and has the Moves Thunder Shock and Growl. There's nothing special about it. The egg itsself has OT: ENGLISH and ID: 09999/00000 as well as the fateful encounter location but that all gets overwritten upon hatching.

Pikachu_Egg.pk3

Thanks a bunch. I was wondering how the hell we were going to get it.

Would it be possible to use this knowledge to create an .ips patch to force the Egg to generate properly every time? It would be nice if we could generate one ourselves at will like the rest of these German debug pokemon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Pikachu_Egg.pk3

Thank you so much. I juste notice a strange thing about Bad egg before I see your post. It contains a Unown.

@BlackShark Did you see my research about Developpers/Debuggers Pokemon ?

BadEgg.PNG

Edited by jojo12100

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:

Would it be possible to use this knowledge to create an .ips patch to force the Egg to generate properly every time? It would be nice if we could generate one ourselves at will like the rest of these German debug pokemon.

I think that should be possible somehow but that's probably over my knowledge. I don't even know where the said checksum should be.

EDIT: Checksum should be at 0x02000012, but I don't know how it is calculated and where the related function is.

1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

@BlackShark Did you see my research about Developpers/Debuggers Pokemon ?

I have noticed your thread. I might look into it at the weekend but I'm not sure if I'm able to help there.

Edited by BlackShark

I forgot to post this picture before. The Unown mail is just a bunch of question marks in the game and I haven't tried trading it to a different game. But Triggers PC has no trouble reading it. 

Triggers PC shows that "?" symbol for the Pokemon. I'm going to try experimenting with that because when the mail is in the PC, it shows the Unown form. If I can send the mail over to my other games/Triggers PC. Then I'm going through the process a second time to get all 28 copies of the mail for my collection. 

Mono7.png

2 hours ago, jestineda4 said:

Maybe I'm stupid, but how to get the Pikachu Egg. Anybody can explain it in a simple way to me. Cause I don't really get it..

You'll have to download the .pk3 BlackShark uploaded, or hope that the for a 1 in 65535 chance that the egg is actually distributed properly and gives the Pikachu.

I'm still personally hoping for an .ips patch for it like with the Luvdisc, but I wouldn't know how to make it myself. It won't be quite as easy as the Luvdisc, but perhaps @theSLAYER may be able to figure it out?

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

You'll have to download the .pk3 BlackShark uploaded, or hope that the for a 1 in 65535 chance that the egg is actually distributed properly and gives the Pikachu.

I'm still personally hoping for an .ips patch for it like with the Luvdisc, but I wouldn't know how to make it myself. It won't be quite as easy as the Luvdisc, but perhaps @theSLAYER may be able to figure it out?

IPS patch for Luvdisc is back in this post:

As for Pikachu, since the egg was ripped out from RAM, and it wasn't a rom edit,
I won't be able to write up a ips patch for that.

It'll take a person with actual rom disassembly skills to know where the checksum figure was supposed to go and calculate,
and fix that, then proceed to patch it.

I doubt we'll see that at all, since there's not much of a point to it.

• Like 1