Hidden Event Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire

jojo12100

4 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Just to note a few things about the Unown...

First, not sure why OP listed it at level 15, but they all seem to be set at level 21, mine and theSlayer's. Second, location met seems to always reflect where you were when you received the first Unown. I was in Lilycove, and theSlayer said he was in Petalburg. However, every time I send a new Unown to the same savefile, even if I fly to different cities, it's still Lilycove. Third, stats and form seem to be random everytime. If anyone wants to go full mental, you could attempt to generate each of the 28 forms to have all forms uploaded.

Also, for those having trouble with VBALink, 1.7 never lets you do link cable trades, but 1.8 will. Follow the instructions in my first post, and make sure you don't have wirless adapter checked off for link connection, and that you have it set to not pause in inactive windows. The 10ANNIV rom is another story. It works in 1.8, but not the way it should.

I'd be the person mental enough to try it. But I really believe that the processes required to get the Unown is beyond me. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to have a complete set of these things. 

There is a possibility that pk2pk creates something that is blocked by Pokébank if you transfer to Gen. 5, and that their conversion to Gen. VI creates something that is legal enough.

That being said, I guess there's always a possibility that there can be instances where a Pokémon appears illegal due to its Gen. V data, and the transfer to Gen. VI effectively gets rid of the incriminating evidence, or so to speak.

Regardless, in those cases, Pokémon Bank has no idea that this Pokémon used to be illegal when it was in Gen.  V, so it shouldn't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I'd be the person mental enough to try it. But I really believe that the processes required to get the Unown is beyond me. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to have a complete set of these things. 

Unown is pretty simple.

1. Ruby on player 1, Debug on player 2
2. Player 1: below title screen, wait for mystery event connection.
    Player 2: Hold Select at Title screen, press right once, scroll down to mimic e-card, press A
3. Player 1: waiting for response
    Player 2: connection done, select PKMN, wait for completion.

10 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Just to note a few things about the Unown...

First, not sure why OP listed it at level 15, but they all seem to be set at level 21, mine and theSlayer's. Second, location met seems to always reflect where you were when you received the first Unown. I was in Lilycove, and theSlayer said he was in Petalburg. However, every time I send a new Unown to the same savefile, even if I fly to different cities, it's still Lilycove. Third, stats and form seem to be random everytime. If anyone wants to go full mental, you could attempt to generate each of the 28 forms to have all forms uploaded.

Also, for those having trouble with VBALink, 1.7 never lets you do link cable trades, but 1.8 will. Follow the instructions in my first post, and make sure you don't have wirless adapter checked off for link connection, and that you have it set to not pause in inactive windows. The 10ANNIV rom is another story. It works in 1.8, but not the way it should.

perhaps I should try VBALink 1.8 again.

I'm pretty sure I was in Petalburg (flew there to activate the Mystery Event flag)

Also I was using a retail rom to collect/receive, not the debug rom, if that makes a difference..

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Maybe a bot can do it for us? I find on Youtube a guy who created a bot in order to get a Shyni Mew in Gen1/2.

Maybe, or just swap out egg creation with send PKMN.
Send Pkmn probably has the checksum function working, that's why we can receive it.

8 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Basically what theSlayer and I said, it's a pretty simple set up. I just don't have patience to RNG stuff. That's why I literally can't breed and soft reset for shinys or good IVs without getting impatient and irritated.

Also, they all seem to be in Poke Balls. I know it was originally noted to be in a Great Ball, but I don't think that's the case unless there's a rare chance it'll have a different ball(doubt it). Also, the mail it is holding is nothing but "???????????", so it's not that important.

Edited by Deoxyz

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

Basically what I and the Slayer said, it's a pretty simple set up. I just don't have patience to RNG stuff. That's why I literally can't breed and soft reset for shinys or good IVs without getting impatient and irritated.

Also, they all seem to be in Poke Balls. I know it was originally noted to be in a Great Ball, but I don't think that's the case unless there's a rare chance it'll have a different ball(doubt it). Also, the mail it is holding is nothing but "???????????", so it's not that important.

Maybe if a different game receives it, the Pokemon (ball) is different?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe if a different game receives it, the Pokemon (ball) is different?

I knew there was something else I wanted to test, and you reminded me. I need to test with a German Sapphire, and perhaps the other Gen III games. I can also confirm English roms won't receive, I tried it.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Unown is pretty simple.

1. Ruby on player 1, Debug on player 2
2. Player 1: below title screen, wait for mystery event connection.
    Player 2: Hold Select at Title screen, press right once, scroll down to mimic e-card, press A
3. Player 1: waiting for response
    Player 2: connection done, select PKMN, wait for completion.

perhaps I should try VBALink 1.8 again.

I'm pretty sure I was in Petalburg (flew there to activate the Mystery Event flag)

Also I was using a retail rom to collect/receive, not the debug rom, if that makes a difference..

Maybe, or just swap out egg creation with send PKMN.
Send Pkmn probably has the checksum function working, that's why we can receive it.

You're a definitively my hero if it succeeds.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

Basically what theSlayer and I said, it's a pretty simple set up. I just don't have patience to RNG stuff. That's why I literally can't breed and soft reset for shinys or good IVs without getting impatient and irritated.

I didn't even think of the mail! I was able to store them in Triggers PC without problem. I deposited them into a Fire Red party and I couldn't "Take mail from party" or move the Pokemon from the party. I might have to put them in the party and physically take the mail and save the game. Then deposit it into Triggers PC.

Some people actually collect the the various pieces of 'special' mail. Believe it or not. :)

In-game trade mail.png

• Like 1

Maybe the code says the Unown is in a Great Ball, but the receiving process overwrites that with a regular Pokéball. ;p

If they only looked at the code and got the relevant info from there, without actually attempting to receive it to see for themselves, that is.

12 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I knew there was something else I wanted to test, and you reminded me. I need to test with a German Sapphire, and perhaps the other Gen III games. I can also confirm English roms won't receive, I tried it.

Yeah English games failed for me too.

12 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

You're a definitively my hero if it succeeds.

I didn't say I'll be able to do it, but that's one way to do it.

11 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Maybe the code says the Unown is in a Great Ball, but the receiving process overwrites that with a regular Pokéball. ;p

If they only looked at the code and got the relevant info from there, without actually attempting to receive it to see for themselves, that is.

That's what I feel happened too.
Also, when viewing Unown in A-save, it's met location wasn't glitched (wasn't 14); it was Ruby.
I don't remember A-save having the functionality to auto correct details, so your explanation is likely what happened.

It's also possible that 14 is just what it says in the code, and the act of receiving it in-game sets it to the game you received it on (in this case, Ruby.)

25 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Mit der deutschen Saphir rom:

"Die Daten können in dieser Edition nicht eingesetzt werden."

Basically, it's saying the data isn't compatible with Sapphire version. German Ruby only.

Never knew that. Now we know.

Edit:
In the TCRF, Control Events パート2 gives a Barboach Egg and Shroomish Egg.
(part 1 gives a Kyogre egg, apparently)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

What are the chances somebody could reverse RNG the personality values? I did a search with Triggers PC and none of my saves matched.

Edited by HaxAras

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Sorry what do you mean/what are you trying to get?

Sorry, I was walking to Subway and using my phone. I was trying to get shiny eggs. To see if any of the personality values matched my saves and I could hatch them shiny. Maybe we could reverse engineer shiny ID's. 

UjjEUkq.png

fbLqAfh.png

We're already sharing Pokemon with a personality value. I don't wanna share ID numbers too. But, I figured it out. 

Edited by HaxAras

RNGReporter lets you search by PID in the ID/SID manipulation tool. ;)

For example, on frame 13800 is the combination 23221/50637 which makes that Shroomish egg hatch shiny. 3 minutes 50 seconds isn't too bad, shouldn't be too tedious to RNG.

(You need R/S with dry battery to RNG the ID/SID combinations in that way.)

3 minutes ago, Ammako said:

RNGReporter lets you search by PID in the ID/SID manipulation tool. ;)

For example, on frame 13800 is the combination 23221/50637 which makes that Shroomish egg hatch shiny. 3 minutes 50 seconds isn't too bad, shouldn't be too tedious to RNG.

(You need R/S with dry battery to RNG the ID/SID combinations in that way.)

I was never able to figure out how to RNG or how that program worked. I just used the Colo/XD editor and copied the PID to a Pokemon and then clicked "Find shiny ID's." It's stepping into the grey area of legitimacy but isn't this whole thing we're doing here a grey area anyway? For my personal collection, I don't mind at all. 

Edited by HaxAras

4 hours ago, HaxAras said:

I was never able to figure out how to RNG or how that program worked. I just used the Colo/XD editor and copied the PID to a Pokemon and then clicked "Find shiny ID's." It's stepping into the grey area of legitimacy but isn't this whole thing we're doing here a grey area anyway? For my personal collection, I don't mind at all. 

RNGreporter has a few functions,
and it doesn't just give ID/SID from PID,
but it also gives valid/possible ID/SID combinations,
because apparently not every ID/SID combination is possible.

(due to the PRNG system being thoroughly understood, they know which values can and cannot be called)

• Like 1

The Luvdisc seems to always have the met location reflect your location upon receiving one, unlike the Unown.

What also could be interesting is that the Luvdisc is actually always Level 15. Not sure if that has anything to do with why the reason Unown was reported to be level 15. Though, it is always in a PokeBall, so still don't know about the Great Ball thing.

Edit: Attaching a zip with two sets from each debug option to generate a party full of level 99 Shroomish and Barboach, as well as their level 5 variants + Kyogre as hatched and unhatched versions.

TwXxmEo.png

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

No progress for the Pikachu egg?

I'll try different methods this afternoon

It would be very eggsciting if you managed it :D