Hidden Event Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire

jojo12100

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Using a program called Lunar IPS, you can create or patch a file.

So for example, if we both had the same copy of the debug Rubin,
If you use my patch, it'll now send out Luvdisc instead of Unown.

So basically the .ips changes your file for you, so you don't have to go through Hex Editor yourself to do the changes.

(how patches are made is the program compares a modded and unmodded file)

Do you use it with VBA? I saw you guys talking about using two different instances of VBA, something I've never been able to get working. It would be awesome to have a personalized Luvdisk if I can get as, as opposed to changing the stats of another. 

13 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Do you use it with VBA? I saw you guys talking about using two different instances of VBA, something I've never been able to get working. It would be awesome to have a personalized Luvdisk if I can get as, as opposed to changing the stats of another. 

I'm using No$GBA, since VBA M hates me.
(VBA M could connect with each other for trading, or connection with Dolphin for Event dumps, and even Aurora Ticket for Wireless, but fails on me for this and 10ANNIV)

So I've been using No$GBA on this and 10ANNIV.

So tips on using No$GBA:
1. You can set different controls on Keyboard for Player 1 and Player 2
2. Remember to edit the .ini (via Notepad) to save SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
3. Back up the .ini file
4. do not set the config ini to autosave.
5. GBAbios file is needed for 10ANNIV use, so the option Reset/Startup Entrypoint is needs to be changed to GBA/NDS bios by clicking OK,
but don't Save Now or Save Options, as doing so will corrupt the Config .ini

It is easier to change Reset/Startup Entrypoint per 10ANNIV transfer as opposed to resetting the entire config every play-thru.
[by clicking OK, you get GBA bios load during play-through, but since it doesn't go into .ini, it won't corrupt it, so it's a temporary on this play-through)

So that's all the advice I can give for No$GBA

PS:
10ANNIV - Player 1, Receiving game - Player 2 (both English Games)
Receiving Game - Player 1, Debug Rubin - Player 2 (both German Games)

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm using No$GBA, since VBA M hates me.
(VBA M could connect with each other for trading, or connection with Dolphin for Event dumps, and even Aurora Ticket for Wireless, but fails on me for this and 10ANNIV)

So I've been using No$GBA on this and 10ANNIV.

So tips on using No$GBA:
1. You can set different controls on Keyboard for Player 1 and Player 2
2. Remember to edit the .ini (via Notepad) to save SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
3. Back up the .ini file
4. do not set the config ini to autosave.
5. GBAbios file is needed for 10ANNIV use, so the option Reset/Startup Entrypoint is needs to be changed to GBA/NDS bios by clicking OK,
but don't Save Now or Save Options, as doing so will corrupt the Config .ini

It is easier to change Reset/Startup Entrypoint per 10ANNIV transfer as opposed to resetting the entire config every play-thru.
[by clicking OK, you get GBA bios load during play-through, but since it doesn't go into .ini, it won't corrupt it, so it's a temporary on this play-through)

So that's all the advice I can give for No$GBA

Well, thanks for the instructions. Hopefully somebody can use them. For me personally, I have no clue what any of that means. 

3 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Well, thanks for the instructions. Hopefully somebody can use them. For me personally, I have no clue what any of that means. 

Go download the latest No$GBA,
it allows link on the same emulator (basically open on emulator, and you can both games running at the same time, linked)

Once you use it, you'll probably get it.
(Sav format change to raw because no$gba default is compressed save, becoming not compatible with PKHeX and other emulators)

You'll get an idea of what it looks like,
if you go see the images of the Luvdisc

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Go download the latest No$GBA,
it allows link on the same emulator (basically open on emulator, and you can both games running at the same time, linked)

Once you use it, you'll probably get it.
(Sav format change to raw because no$gba default is compressed save, becoming not compatible with PKHeX and other emulators)

Alright, thanks. I might give it a try later today but it honestly sounds like a headache. VBA gives you trouble? Technology in general seems to do every single thing it can to screw with me and mess up my day and waste my time. 

3 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Alright, thanks. I might give it a try later today but it honestly sounds like a headache. VBA gives you trouble? Technology in general seems to do every single thing it can to screw with me and mess up my day and waste my time. 

On VBA Link and VBA M, when using either 10ANNIV or rubin debug, when it attempts to make connection, player 2 slows down extremely and starts to lag out.
And hence, connection cannot be established since both sides aren't synced.

and I don't understand why I'm experiencing this issue.
I'm operating on 16GB Ram on a 3.60GHz i7 Cpu..

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

10ANNIV pkm have SID 0.
I think it's possible to RNG SID 0, right?

I wouldn't know a thing about RNG. I just clicked on a Pokemon Emerald, in game trade Skitty and even it has a secret ID of 0. 

Edit: All my in-game trades, all my PCNY Pokemon, etc. have 00000

Edited by HaxAras

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe because Unown can't be encountered in Ruby/Sapphire itself?
Tried changing SID to see if it worked?

I will. Well I used to play on randomized Emerald and I was able to transfer them without any problem.

EDIT: SID is not the problem, I tried to change it, the pokemon still not pass.

Edited by jojo12100
News
  • Like 1

Glitchcity says that the game of origin is 14. That is an invalid value and that may be why it won't pass through.

It's possible that PKHeX auto-corrects this to Ruby when loaded, so the dumped .pk3 may not have that problem. Are you trying to transfer the Unown all through legitimate methods, without any kind of save editing involved, or did you insert one of the .pk3 that was uploaded here and it won't go through?

12 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Glitchcity says that the game of origin is 14. That is an invalid value and that may be why it won't pass through.

It's possible that PKHeX auto-corrects this to Ruby when loaded, so the dumped .pk3 may not have that problem. Are you trying to transfer the Unown all through legitimate methods, without any kind of save editing involved, or did you insert one of the .pk3 that was uploaded here and it won't go through?

I inserted the two .pk3 that was uploaded here in my Emerald sav and tried to pass them through legitimate methods.

Ok so I just have to edit the game origin and they will pass?

I'm pretty sure the ones that were uploaded here properly have Ruby as their game of origin, so I guess that wasn't it. I'm out of ideas as to why it wouldn't go through Bank, the only thing I could see is that it's an Unown from Ruby which isn't possible, but apparently that shouldn't be a factor since you were able to transfer Unown from randomized Emerald. s:

1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

Ok thanks that doesn't matter, I used pk2pk to transfer in my Gen 6 sav, but it's interessting to notice, maybe for future Rom-hacks

Anyway RNG the Pikachu egg is harder than I thought and I still don't progress in the debuggers pokemon. I'm so frustrated >:(

Did you try to pass it through legit methods? I'd like these in my gen 6-7 saves as well if possible and I'd like to do it with legit methods if possible. 

You just gotta be patient. We will get there eventually. Look how much progress these guys have made with these discoveries in the last few days alone. 

4 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Did you try to pass it through legit methods? I'd like these in my gen 6-7 saves as well if possible and I'd like to do it with legit methods if possible. 

You just gotta be patient. We will get there eventually. Look how much progress these guys have made with these discoveries in the last few days alone. 

If it doesn't pass through Bank as-is, no legit method will work..
(and if it's modded, even if it passes, it's not the same thing anymore)

At 90% Confidence, it'll take you 150,902 tries before you get the working Pikachu egg.
If we could find the pointer and modify it to get the checksum or work
(or replace it into the give pkm function), that'll definitely be a better option.

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Ok thanks that doesn't matter, I used pk2pk to transfer in my Gen 6 sav, but it's interessting to notice, maybe for future Rom-hacks

For the record, you can also just drag the .pk3 into a Gen. 6 save in PKHeX and it will do the transfer for you.

8 minutes ago, Ammako said:

For the record, you can also just drag the .pk3 into a Gen. 6 save in PKHeX and it will do the transfer for you.

The problem I've had with doing that is if they can be deposited into bank but not be sent through Poketransfer. I don't wanna get banned from bank if they catch the Pokemon and I have to keep them separated from all my other Pokemon so I don't accidentally mix them up and try to put them in bank. But that's what I'll do if I have to. Did anybody ever try to migrate a Meteor Jirachi through Poketransfer? 

They wouldn't ban anyone from using Pokémon Bank for attempting to transfer or deposit a Pokémon blocked by Bank. Ever since Bank came out there's never been any reports of that happening, and there are a lot of legitimate users who may receive illegal Pokémon from friends or other people (via local wireless trades), it wouldn't be fair to ban them.

Pretty sure everything that is blocked from PokéTransfer would be blocked from being deposited into Bank, anyway.

Just to note a few things about the Unown...

First, not sure why OP listed it at level 15, but they all seem to be set at level 21, mine and theSlayer's. Second, location met seems to always reflect where you were when you received the first Unown. I was in Lilycove, and theSlayer said he was in Petalburg. However, every time I send a new Unown to the same savefile, even if I fly to different cities, it's still Lilycove. Third, stats and form seem to be random everytime. If anyone wants to go full mental, you could attempt to generate each of the 28 forms to have all forms uploaded.

Also, for those having trouble with VBALink, 1.7 never lets you do link cable trades, but 1.8 will. Follow the instructions in my first post, and make sure you don't have wirless adapter checked off for link connection, and that you have it set to not pause in inactive windows. The 10ANNIV rom is another story. It works in 1.8, but not the way it should.

Edited by Deoxyz

18 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If it doesn't pass through Bank as-is, no legit method will work..
(and if it's modded, even if it passes, it's not the same thing anymore)

At 90% Confidence, it'll take you 150,902 tries before you get the working Pikachu egg.
If we could find the pointer and modify it to get the checksum or work
(or replace it into the give pkm function), that'll definitely be a better option.

Maybe a bot can do it for us? I find on Youtube a guy who created a bot in order to get a Shyni Mew in Gen1/2.

Edited by jojo12100

2 minutes ago, Ammako said:

They wouldn't ban anyone from using Pokémon Bank for attempting to transfer or deposit a Pokémon blocked by Bank. Ever since Bank came out there's never been any reports of that happening, and there are a lot of legitimate users who may receive illegal Pokémon from friends or other people (via local wireless trades), it wouldn't be fair to ban them.

Pretty sure everything that is blocked from PokéTransfer would be blocked from being deposited into Bank, anyway.

I transfer my Gen1 Charizard w/Fissure in Gen5, it was blocked by Poketransfer so I used pk2pk and now it is in Pokebank