Debuggers Pokemon

jojo12100

43 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

What exactly would you need in a Japanese file? Certain items or Pokemon caught or something like that?

We need to know the Potion pointer offset and the code to input in the RAM.

Translation: a way to activate the event given pokemon and anoter to select those one specifics.

To @theSLAYER As I know Pokemon Green/Blue/Red roms are very similar, so if we adapt the Pokemon RED method with the specificites of Japanese versions it should work.

Edited by jojo12100

45 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

The Potion Pointer in Japanese Red should be at 0xD67D.

I already tried modifying that to A3D2, so it points to RAM offset 0xD2A3, which is the Japanese equivalent of the English Red RAM offset. I couldn't get any result yet by inserting bytes into the RAM.

Thanks that's interesting.

I think we have to find the code to insert in the RAM too.

Japanese Red: you mean Green?

Edit: Japanese versions seem to not use 8F but their own arbitrary code machine, called 5かい

It can be another way to force-load the content.

Edited by jojo12100

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Thanks that's interesting.

I think we have to find the code to insert in the RAM too.

Japanese Red: you mean Green or Japanese Blue?

I meant Red/Green. The Potion pointer offset for Japanese Blue should be 0xD693 (just an assumption, not tested yet).

32 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

I meant Red/Green. The Potion pointer offset for Japanese Blue should be 0xD693 (just an assumption, not tested yet).

Ok,

now we have to find ho do the formula works

Edit: 64CA in the formula refers to the offset location of US Pokemon Red Pokemon.

Edit2: What does $35d6 refers to? It's the bankswitching function !

Formula.PNG

DebuggPkm.PNG

Edited by jojo12100

36 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

You're right,:D

but I still ignore the way the formula works:(

the code should be something like:

ld b 1

ld h,$65

ld l,$6F

call $????

ret

for Japanese Blue.

So converted 06 01 26 65 2E 6F CD ?? ?? C9

Edited by jojo12100

5 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

The bank switch should be at 0x360E in Japanese Red/Green. I'm not sure about blue right know or if this is even correct.

I already tried that offset for Red but I only got into a glitched nicknaming screen when using the Potion.

Did you try 06 01 26 64 2E 5C CD 0E 36 C9 ? And 06 01 26 64 2E 01CD 0E 36 C9? for Japanese Red

7 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Did you try 06 01 26 64 2E 5C CD 0E 36 C9 ? And 06 01 26 64 2E 01CD 0E 36 C9? for Japanese Red

The first one for Japanese Red resulted in a crash, the second one I didn't test. It's almost midnight here so I will try again tomorrow.

Here too. Have a good night.

We need to find the other bank switch too (for Japanese Blue).

Edit:

Then don't forget to have an executing arbitrary code machine (I thought we use the Potion for that but does it work with Japanese versions?).

Edited by jojo12100

You mean you think PKHeX can't load the save file because you messed up the Parcel?

If that was your error and not a side-effect of the manipulation, wouldn't it be possible to re-do it on another save file?

(It would be a lot easier for people to find potential solutions with access to the save file, rather than throwing ideas and hoping you can make it work, anyway.)

No PKHEX can't read the .sav of Japanese file at all.

It's the side effect of the manipulation, it changes the item in your bag.

I'm really tired but I have an idea for tommorow re-activate the event of giving the pokedex. If anyone knows the code for I take.

But why can't you just upload the save file though, someone can figure out a way to do it while you're gone, and more people working on something = better chances of success. I want to help but I can't help if you won't let me.

I mean I don't think there's any downsides to it, it sounds like it was a throwaway save made just to get the Pokémon so it wouldn't have any personal Pokémon in it that you don't want others to get. Only Pokémon that you specifically want to share.

Well, that save file doesn't load in-game either, so there must be some kind of heavy corruption going on with it (that and over 3/4th of the file is FF's.) If you still have time, what was your method you used to get the Pokémon?

59 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

@BlackShark How do you find the bank switch? Do you know Jap Blue one?

I just looked how the area about the bank switch in the English Red looked like and searched for similarities around the same area in the Japanese ROM.

So for Japanese Blue change 0xD693 to A5 D2

Then in RAM insert 06 01 21 6F 65 CD 36 36 C9 at 0xD2A5