PID Generator

trowgundam

Well I was trying to create a team of Pokemon and I just wasn't getting what I wanted from Pokesav PID Generator or the other command line one that has been recommended. So I wrote one of my own in C#. I find it easier to use then the others. I made it so you can set a max gender value (just in case you want to specify your gender). Next you can specify if you want the first or second ability or if it doesn't matter to you. Next you can pick the Nature you are looking for. Then you can opt to search for particular IV's. At the moment I have programmed it to search for the IVs you selected or higher. I know this isn't always optimal, but I will update that eventually. I plan to have it able to choose to search for equal to your value, equal or better, and equal or worse. It also currently lacks the ability to search for Shiny Pokemon. I do know how to implement this I just wanted to get the immediate functionality working the way I wanted it. The columns can be selected to have it sort by descending or ascending of that value.

Note: This program is still in the beta, if not alpha, stages. While I have compared it against the other PID generators and the examples provided on Smogon it is possible it might miscalculate something I haven't forseen.

Warning: When generating PIDs it can take a while to get a complete sample of PIDs. You can always stop it and then look through what was already generated. Just so you can understand it will generate every single Pokemon possible searching for one to meet your specifications which is approximately 2^32 which comes out to a bit over 4.2 million Pokemon. That is such a sheer amount that it will take a while to complete search for anyone's computer.

Please send me any errors that you may come across so I may correct them.

PID_Generator.zip

PID_Generator.zip

Moved to Save R&D. I will be checking this out shortly. :D

EDIT:

Well, I like the GUI a lot. But it seems that if the program is busy populating the list with PIDs, the Stop button isn't instantly responsive. At any rate, this program is pretty awesome. Keep up the good work!

By the way, a progress bar for the search would be pretty awesome.

Ya I do have it on two separate threads. When I first got it working if I tried to do anything the program would stop working so I had to split it to keep the program from doing that. I'm not sure what I can do about the Stop button not working immediately. Maybe I can play around with thread priority or something. The progress bar is an excellent idea and would incredibly simple to implement now that I understand how to control the UI from a separate thread (which was my biggest problem getting this thing to work properly).