Pokemon Ranger Protoype and Azure Flute

jojo12100

It's partially via Gamecode.

I changed the Gamecode to AXVE (Ruby Version, English) to try to get it to work on English Pearl,
but it didn't load for Both English and Japanese Pearl.

It's past 5am and I've yet to sleep, argh. I've bothered by this.

Changing the gamecode to the English one, didn't get it to work,

so there has to be a second layer check of some sort.

Also,
whatever the hell this means:

EB5BEC5BED5BEE5BEF5BEG5BEH5BEI5BEJ5BEK5BEL5BEM5BEP5BEQ5BER5BES5BET5BEU5BEV5BEW5B....mywh_SYSSTATE_IDLE..mywh_SYSSTATE_BUSY..mywh_SYSSTATE_STOP..mywh_SYSSTATE_ERROR.mywh_SYSSTATE_SCANNING..mywh_SYSSTATE_CONNECTED.mywh_SYSSTATE_KEYSHARING....mywh_SYSSTATE_DATASHARING...mywh_SYSSTATE_CONNECT_FAIL..mywh_SYSSTATE_MEASURECHANNEL.....·#.ð¶#.@·#..·#.X·#.Œ·#.p·#.Ä·#.¨·#.,·#.%s -> ..%s..not my parent ggid (%d != %d)...ADAE....Sx439tCkbrWyR8X2
Maybe the answer lies in the not my parent line

29 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

but it didn't load for Both English and Japanese Pearl.

It's past 5am and I've yet to sleep, argh. I've bothered by this.

Changing the gamecode to the English one, didn't get it to work,

Lol! go sleep, you're at that point where you're going insane. :P

If you keep at it you'll probably end up dreaming about "B5BE", or maybe it's too late.

Just now, Ammako said:

Lol go sleep, you're at that point where you're going insane. :P

If you keep at it you'll probably end up dreaming about "B5BE", or maybe it's too late.

I see it everywhere!

Oh well, time to sleep. this mystery was unsolved for the past 7 years, it could wait a bit longer.

8 hours ago, Ammako said:

I'm pretty sure the Manaphy thing is just a past Wondercard they had that had been deleted in the past, and that got reactivated, because glitches. Either PKHeX not handling it correctly, or the game not receiving the correct information from decchi.bin but I don't know how that could be possible.

Again I don't think we should really rely on any of the information PKHeX is showing us when we open our save files after using this. I don't think it reports the right information.

After some investigations I think your theory is right because I can't remember the origin of the sav I used and it doesn't appear with a clear save.

Really strange that the EGB event reactivated it but why not after all ^^

So finally we consider the EGB event as an non-legal nor legit way to get the Arceus Flute?

Eh, if you asked me, I'd consider it a "legit" way of obtaining it, since to be fair this was something made by Nintendo themselves; we were just never meant to get it.

However, it wouldn't be legal since there would have never been a way for somebody to get this without hacking.

This would probably be the first thing that would be legit, but at the same time not legal. Not that anyone has to agree with me on that anyway :P and at the end of the day I agree that Arceus obtained from it shouldn't pass legality checks.

5 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Eh, if you ask me, I'd consider it a "legit" way of obtaining it, since to be fair this was something programmed by Nintendo, we just weren't intended on getting it.

However, it wouldn't be legal since there would have never been a way to get this without hacking.

This would probably be the first thing that would be legit, but at the same time not legal. Not that anyone has to agree with me on that anyway. :P

I'll consider it legal if it was hidden in a gba cart, and could be activated via glitching eventually ;P

But then again, if glitching was so easy on gen 4 (lets say some form of arbitrary execution),
people could have just found a way to activate the Azure Flute and the event flag

1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

After some investigations I think your theory is right because I can't remember the origin of the sav I used and it doesn't appear with a clear save.

Are you the same person who commented about the Manaphy on the YouTube video?

I thought we had separate reports of this occurring, but if that was you too, then it's easier to determine as glitched data from that particular savefile.

Still doesn't explain the Infernape though...

1jaYECX.png

DFyHo1q.png

Changing the wondercard type to a pokemon distribution makes it show up as an Infernape. There's complete data for an actual Infernape hidden here. If the edited wondercard were to be injected in decchi, maybe it'll distribute.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2

Neat find, my guess is that they made a mock Infernape event for testing distribution of Pokémon, then they wanted to test distribution of key items like Azure Flute and just changed the one thing in the card, since the rest of the data didn't really -need- to be removed.

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1jaYECX.png

Hide contents

DFyHo1q.png

Changing the wondercard type to a pokemon distribution makes it show up as an Infernape. There's complete data for an actual Infernape hidden here. If the edited wondercard were to be injected in decchi, maybe it'll distribute.

Decchi Infernape Test.pcd

Decchi Infernape.pkm

How did you get the Infernape pcd to work? PKHex doesn't work for me. I was using it yesterday and every.single.time I click "Save" I click back whatever I was working on and random things I just did, didn't save. I was trying to inject it into my Japanese Platinum and it refuses to save anything I do in the Mystery Gift window. 

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

How did you get the Infernape pcd to work? PKHex doesn't work for me. I was using it yesterday and every.single.time I click "Save" I click back whatever I was working on and random things I just did, didn't save. I was trying to inject it into my Japanese Platinum and it refuses to save anything I do in the Mystery Gift window. 

Like we were talking about earlier, editing any DPP mystery gifts with PKHeX causes glitchy corruption. Any sort of edit will result in a glitch mess. It wasn't saving changes properly for me even when I cleared all the glitch wondercard data. PokeGen seems to always work fine though.

Though, I only extracted the Infernape .pkm from the wondercard itself with that old Gen IV wonder card editor. The Infernape .pcd is just the decchi Azure .pcd with the wondercard type changed to pokemon distribution.

Just now, Deoxyz said:

Like we were talking about earlier, editing any DPP mystery gifts with PKHeX causes glitchy corruption. Any sort of edit will result in a glitch mess. It wasn't saving changes properly for me even when I cleared all the glitch wondercard data. PokeGen seems to always work fine though.

Though, I only extracted the Infernape .pkm from the wondercard itself with that old Gen IV wonder card editor. The Infernape .pcd is just the decchi Azure .pcd with the wondercard type changed to pokemon distribution.

Alright, I was skimming the emails yesterday but wasn't really able to follow most of it. 

But I was also trying to give some Pokemon for a project cured Pokerus and had to do it about 15 times before it actually saved.

Is it actually possible to inject the wonder card into your save to receive the Infernape? From what I read before, Bulbapedia wouldn't care but wouldn't this means it's a "new" unreleased event that you guys discovered?

12 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Alright, I was skimming the emails yesterday but wasn't really able to follow most of it. 

But I was also trying to give some Pokemon for a project cured Pokerus and had to do it about 15 times before it actually saved.

Is it actually possible to inject the wonder card into your save to receive the Infernape? From what I read before, Bulbapedia wouldn't care but wouldn't this means it's a "new" unreleased event that you guys discovered?

Not sure why PokeRus wouldn't be saving, but perhaps there's a bug I'm not aware about with older games.

Yeah you can inject it, it's just another wondercard, legit or not. Just use PokeGen. I just hadn't done it personally, I wanted to do it myself via decchi.bin editing.

Yeah, I suppose this would be considered a new unreleased event pokemon along the same lines of METEOR Jirachi, GAMESTP Celebi, and AGATE Celebi & COLOS Pikachu.

It's just a leftover from the testing and debugging phase of the game. This wondercard was never meant to be released, so it's not an "unreleased event" in my opinion. The wondercard description also has the same text as the Old Sea Map wondercard from Pokémon Emerald, in case this wasn't mentioned yet.

1 minute ago, Purin said:

It's just a leftover from the testing and debugging phase of the game. This wondercard was never meant to be released, so it's not an "unreleased event" in my opinion. The wondercard description also has the same text as the Old Sea Map wondercard from Pokémon Emerald, in case this wasn't mentioned yet.

Would you consider the English E-reader Pokemon from Colosseum un-released events or even legit? I used Action Replay on the GameCube to get into the room and then scanned in my Japanese E-reader cards. I've just considered them un-released events and perfectly legit. The data is in the cards/games. 

3 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Would you consider the English E-reader Pokemon from Colosseum un-released events or even legit? I used Action Replay on the GameCube to get into the room and then scanned in my Japanese E-reader cards. I've just considered them un-released events and perfectly legit. The data is in the cards/games. 

Sure! It's data that was targeted to the consumer all along from the beginning, so I would consider them "unreleased".

However the Azure Flute/Infernape debug test stuff is leftover data used only by the developers. Much like the Litwick, Bulbasaur etc. wondercards in some of the Gen 5 distribution roms.

Just now, Purin said:

Sure! It's data that was targeted to the consumer all along from the beginning, so I would consider them "unreleased".

However the Azure Flute/Infernape debug test stuff is leftover data used only by the developers. Much like the Litwick, Bulbasaur etc. wondercards in some of the Gen 5 distribution roms.

I never heard of those before. If anybody has them and wouldn't mind sending them my way, they would much appreciated in my collection.

Unless the one other person who I know has them contributes his, (I can't remember how to spell his name) then I'll be contributing my E-reader Pokemon in every language as soon as I get them. My Spanish Colosseum disk has to arrive first. 

I wasn't actively posting to the forums until last year and I didn't really have as many resources as I do now. 2016 was very good to me and I learned a LOT last year. I had no idea these things even existed out I woulda been reading and posting here years ago. 

19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@BlackShark @Ammako

There was some preview on google that seems to mention that a Crobat was distributed via slot-2,
but it looks like I belonged to Pokemon Secure and I'm unable to access the link.
Capture.PNG

If so, the event in question is likely this: 068 Worlds 2010 Crobat ENG [PPorg].pcd

Given the Crobat can be received via Slot 2, that would mean that Slot 2 receiving isn't disabled internationally.

Perhaps the decchi is language locked, or there's a different list for game id (one actual, one leftover)

You can actually view that page on Google Cache still, click the little down arrow at the end of the URL: 2cxevdi.jpg

Google Cache doesn't last for long however so here's the important bits:

World Championships 2010 Crobat

Spoiler

This Pokémon event was distributed on the last day of the 2010 Pokémon Trading Card and Video Game World Championship in Waikaloa, Hawaii at two different times. English, Italian, and French players were 11am to 1pm while German, Spanish, and Japanese payers were 2pm to 4pm. It was a three day event starting August 13, 2010 and ending August 15, 2010. This event was available to all Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver players who came to the Championships. The Crobat could be downloaded wirelessly and via slot 2 distribution.

CROBAT ♂ Height : 5'11" Weight : 165.3 lbs
  OT : WORLD10 ID : 08150
Level : 30 Held Item : Life Orb
Nature : Timid Ball : Cherish
Met At : Pokémon Event Ribbon : Classic
Release Date : August 15, 2010 Website : http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2010/updates/article/getting-ready/look-out-for-crobat-at-the-world-championships

World Championships 2009 Weavile

Spoiler

This Pokémon event was distributed on the last day of the 2009 Pokémon Trading Card and Video Game World Championship in San Diego, California at two different times. English, Italian, and German players was from 11am to 1pm while French, Spanish, and Japanese payers was from 2pm to 4pm. It was a three day event starting August 13, 2009 and ending August 15, 2009. This event was available to all Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum players who came to the Championship tournament. The Weavile could be downloaded wirelessly and via slot 2 distribution.

WEAVILE  Height : 3'07" Weight : 75.0 lbs
  OT : WORLD09 ID : 08159
Level : 30 Held Item : Focus Sash
Nature : Jolly Ball : Cherish
Met At : Pokémon Event Ribbon : Classic
Release Date : August 15, 2009 Website : http://www.go-pokemon.com/worlds/2009/

Interesting the distributions were both Wireless and Slot 2, maybe with so many DS's in the same place wireless was unreliable, so the Slot 2 distributions were used as a backup.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Purin said:

Though to be fair, this -is- a Wondercard made by Nintendo themselves, that was never released.

You could make a point that it wasn't an -event-, though. And I do suppose you'd be right about that. q:

There's a difference imo between one of Nintendo's own Wondercards, and any random card made by someone in PMGE, regardless of whether or not it was ever intended to be used as anything more than a test. Since it was from Nintendo themselves it's a lot cooler. :3

Also @InsaneNutter , do you mind putting that info in spoilers? It breaks the page on mobile x: