mudkip83

Unknown Encounter Error

23 posts in this topic

I am trying to create a treecko and sceptile in pkhex. Its keeping on saying invalid unkown encounter.

I choose OR as the game, choose dozes from the drop down site and still not working. Even daycare doesn't work any ideas on how to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't transfer past-Gen Pokemon to Sun/Moon yet. At least, I'm assuming that's what you're doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now im just doing this for ORAS, not even playing sun and moon yet.

here is what i see too

Capture.JPG

 

Seems this issue occurs with XY & ORAS pokemon the other seems to be ok.

Edited by mudkip83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

now im just doing this for ORAS, not even playing sun and moon yet.

here is what i see too

Capture.JPG

 

Seems this issue occurs with XY & ORAS pokemon the other seems to be ok.

make sure you're using the latest PKHeX.
 

Set the pokemon in box, then view it,
PKHeX would likely fix the hatching for you.

Also, show us the PKHeX page with the related met details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

make sure you're using the latest PKHeX.
 

Set the pokemon in box, then view it,
PKHeX would likely fix the hatching for you.

Also, show us the PKHeX page with the related met details

I am using the latest version, i downloaded from this forum,

I tried the battle resort, day care center and others and still get this error both in XY and ORAS

pk1.JPG

pk2.JPG

pk3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

I am using the latest version, i downloaded from this forum,

I tried the battle resort, day care center and others and still get this error both in XY and ORAS

pk1.JPG

pk2.JPG

pk3.JPG

as it's hatched, it must have As egg and egg met conditions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Under the Met tab, hit "As Egg".

Tried that too and no luck :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

Tried that too and no luck :(

show us the version where you did up the as egg checked, and met conditions correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

show us the version where you did up the as egg checked, and met conditions correctly.

Okay the first 3 images are from my black version which i used poke transport and it worked perfectly. 

 

The last two are memories i set for my mudkip seems the issue is isolated to XY&ORAS from what i can tell.

BTW if anyone can test this on their own game and let me know if you get the same error. Perhaps its just me im not sure

pkm1.JPG

pkm2.JPG

pkm3.JPG

pkm4.JPG

pkm5.JPG

Edited by mudkip83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

Okay the first 3 images are from my black version which i used poke transport and it worked perfectly. 

 

The last two are memories i set for my mudkip seems the issue is isolated to XY&ORAS from what i can tell.

BTW if anyone can test this on their own game and let me know if you get the same error. Perhaps its just me im not sure

pkm1.JPG

pkm2.JPG

pkm3.JPG

pkm4.JPG

pkm5.JPG

sigh, I didn't ask for memories,

I'm asking for you the fix the egg met conditions for grovyle/sceptile,
then upload the images of those there.

For example, after setting my met conditions, I view it again and it's correct.
Capture.PNG
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

Did as you exactly said, all correct and same error 

pkm6.JPG

pkm7.JPG

try this:

1. make sure there's relearn moves
2. delete latest notOThandler.

Then set the pokemon, then view it. lemme know

 

edit: I just tested it: it's the Latest (NotOT) Handler

Leaving it blank will resolve the problem.

(since you're the OT, it's okay for it to be blank.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I did what you recommended, 

1) removed not latest OT Name

2) Relearn Egg moves

3) Checked as egg

4) Day care helpers and current date.

5) got that location error message

6) Clicked on memories > residence > cleared out memories from residence

7) Saved and worked.

 

Do you think its a bug?

pk1.JPG

pk2.JPG

pk3.JPG

pk4.JPG

pk5.JPG

pk6.JPG

Edited by mudkip83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

22 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

So I did what you recommended, 

1) removed not latest OT Name

2) Relearn Egg moves

3) Checked as egg

4) Day care helpers and current date.

5) got that location error message

6) Clicked on memories > residence > cleared out memories from residence

7) Saved and worked.

 

Do you think its a bug?

pk1.JPG

pk2.JPG

pk3.JPG

pk4.JPG

pk5.JPG

pk6.JPG

under geolocation, if you clear all, it should be fixed; geolocation doesn't change cause it wasn't traded.
 

Hence, it's not a bug, you merely didn't gen it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why i was getting that error message. It wasnt illegal or having crazy moves.  I was just trying to fill my pokedex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mudkip83 said:

I don't understand why i was getting that error message. It wasnt illegal or having crazy moves.  I was just trying to fill my pokedex

as said, geolocation and Last (notOT) handler was added unnecessarily,
hence why the error popped up (cause those things also weren't supposed to be there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the first section of pk edit. Where it says country, region and 3ds country is that supposed to be filled out? 

Can apokemon be made for any location or does it have to match an actual point in the game. Like treecko in route 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mudkip83 said:

So in the first section of pk edit. Where it says country, region and 3ds country is that supposed to be filled out? 

Can apokemon be made for any location or does it have to match an actual point in the game. Like treecko in route 101

First section, filled up, because that is basic location of its origin.
The Geolocation and not ot handler only pops up after traded.

While a Pokemon can be set to be any location,
1. PKHeX will flag as invalid
2. Hack checkers who sees the summary will know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left click the words 'Met Location' and PKhex will give you a location you do not need to choose it yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.