Unsure how to compile the latest builds since the recent change.

Odaxis

Just download the latest compiled from: http://teamcity.skyeditor.org/viewLog.html?buildId=5674&buildTypeId=PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr&tab=artifacts

If you want to do it yourself, note that PKHeX's logic (PKHeX.Core) is now separate from the UI (PKHeX.WinForms). Compiling PKHeX.Core gives a .dll which is referenced by PKHeX.WinForms. Build PKHeX.WinForms to get the .exe (by default builds to \PKHeX\PKHeX.WinForms\bin\<Debug/Release>\PKHeX.exe).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Just download the latest compiled from: http://teamcity.skyeditor.org/viewLog.html?buildId=5674&buildTypeId=PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr&tab=artifacts

If you want to do it yourself, note that PKHeX's logic (PKHeX.Core) is now separate from the UI (PKHeX.WinForms). Compiling PKHeX.Core gives a .dll which is referenced by PKHeX.WinForms. Build PKHeX.WinForms to get the .exe (by default builds to \PKHeX\PKHeX.WinForms\bin\<Debug/Release>\PKHeX.exe).

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Just so I know I'm doing this correct.

I compile the .exe by building off of the WinForms branch. The .exe that is generated is 1.12MB in file size, which is 1/6 th the previous .exe file size and I'm required to keep that smaller exe in a folder with the other files "PKHeX.pdb, PKHeX.Core.dll, PKHeX.Core.pdb" in order to launch the app?

57 minutes ago, Odaxis said:

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Just so I know I'm doing this correct.

I compile the .exe by building off of the WinForms branch. The .exe that is generated is 1.12MB in file size, which is 1/6 th the previous .exe file size and I'm required to keep that smaller exe in a folder with the other files "PKHeX.pdb, PKHeX.Core.dll, PKHeX.Core.pdb" in order to launch the app?

Bare-minimum, you need PKHeX.exe and PKHeX.Core.dll.  The combined file size of the two files should be similar to the previous file size.  The PDB files provide extra debug info for us if there's any unhandled exceptions (like line numbers and code files).

1 minute ago, evandixon said:

Bare-minimum, you need PKHeX.exe and PKHeX.Core.dll.  The combined file size of the two files should be similar to the previous file size.  The PDB files provide extra debug info for us if there's any unhandled exceptions (like line numbers and code files).

Ahh, i see. Just wondering, why was this path (multiple files instead of 1) chosen?

45 minutes ago, Odaxis said:

Ahh, i see. Just wondering, why was this path (multiple files instead of 1) chosen?

It makes the core code more reusable.  It's possible, but unusual, to directly reference PKHeX.exe from other .Net apps to make things like my (very outdated) Pokemon database, where PKHeX does most of the work.  Using a code library increases the possibilities.

4 hours ago, evandixon said:

It makes the core code more reusable.  It's possible, but unusual, to directly reference PKHeX.exe from other .Net apps to make things like my (very outdated) Pokemon database, where PKHeX does most of the work.  Using a code library increases the possibilities.

I see. Makes sense. Is there no way going forward, for users like myself who liked the single executable file, to build it into a single .exe file?

9 minutes ago, Odaxis said:

I see. Makes sense. Is there no way going forward, for users like myself who liked the single executable file, to build it into a single .exe file?

When new binaries are posted they'll be just the .exe; ILMerge is your friend :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...