pkhex issue on Mac OS

ballparkdreamer

1 hour ago, ReignOfComputer said:

You're trying to load "main", right?

yup I was originally!

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

also make sure you're using the latest version.

Do attach photos and files when trying to discuss a problem.

Pretty sure I was using an older version, so I got rid of it & tried downloading the newest one from projectpokemon. Then this popped up. 

pkhex.png

I mean, that's a pretty generic error. Not really anything from PKHeX itself.

It works fine for other people. It has to be on your end. The error is telling you that you don't have write permissions to the file, either you don't have write permissions to the drive it's stored on, or you don't have write permissions to the app itself. I don't know OS X enough to tell you how to check file permissions so you may have to look that up online (unless someone here knows and can tell you.)

Are you trying to run the .app directly from within the .tar archive without extracting it first? If that's even possible? That might be causing problems.

From looking up the error online I saw something about it possibly being caused by a corrupted file, might be worth it to re-download it if all else fails.

17 minutes ago, Ammako said:

I mean, that's a pretty generic error. Not really anything from PKHeX itself.

It works fine for other people. It has to be on your end. The error is telling you that you don't have write permissions to the file, either you don't have write permissions to the drive it's stored on, or you don't have write permissions to the app itself. I don't know OS X enough to tell you how to check file permissions so you may have to look that up online (unless someone here knows and can tell you.)

Are you trying to run the .app directly from within the .tar archive without extracting it first? If that's even possible? That might be causing problems.

From looking up the error online I saw something about it possibly being caused by a corrupted file, might be worth it to re-download it if all else fails.

I don't believe so. I downloaded the .tbz2 file from the above link, extracted using archive utility, and then attempted to open the PKHeX application afterwards. Multiple attempts at downloading have not been successful either.