JPN Pokémon events with ENG names

BancoLalala

So yesterday I started injecting .wc6 files into my OmegaRuby game, everything worked neatly, but when I started doing the JPN events, the Pokémon's names were in English instead of Japanese. The region was also ENG instead of JPN, except for one Tornadus that did get the Japanese name and JPN region. What I was wondering is why don't all the other Japanese events have their respective Japanese names and JPN region. I kinda wanted to have them entirely Japanese instead of only the OT.

That's just how the Wondercards are set up to work. They'll also likely not be legal unless the original events were indeed possible to receive on English games on non-Japanese 3DSes (I wouldn't know about that.)

You can just change their region to Japan in PKHeX (along with geolocation info) after receiving so it's not a big deal.

Depends on what type of gift it is.

Do remember that Language and 3DS region are not the same.

It's possible to collect a Japanese Serial Code on a Japanese 3DS,
but the Names being English because you can play an English save on a Japan Region Cart.
(while local wireless events normally can be distributed to any receiving 3DS, so region won't be a problem)

So as Ammako said, change the region (and simulate it was traded), if necessary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BancoLalala said:

Thank you very much! Also, how can I know which events I wouldn't have been able to get in my game? As far as I know, In-Life and Serial Codes can be redeemed, so is it only the Wi-Fi events that are illegal?

It depends if the event is region locked, and whether is it mirrored across the regions despite being region locked.

We have an excel file in the archive that shows which event is tied to what circumstance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

We have an excel file in the archive that shows which event is tied to what circumstance.

Can I get a link to the file please? Or just tell me where to look for it, I just found this page yesterday and don't know where to find stuff yet.