Any way to Mega before post-game? (Gen 7)

Zeroba

Wanted to have a fresh run with some Megas in Sun. I tried adding the Key Stone, corresponding mega stone and still couldn't Mega. Tried flagging myself as Alolan champ, still with no luck.

Assuming the battle with Dexio initiates some sort of Event Flag that PkHeX hasn't (Or maybe can't) edit?

Or maybe I'm missing more? :)

35 minutes ago, Zeroba said:

Wanted to have a fresh run with some Megas in Sun. I tried adding the Key Stone, corresponding mega stone and still couldn't Mega. Tried flagging myself as Alolan champ, still with no luck.

Assuming the battle with Dexio initiates some sort of Event Flag that PkHeX hasn't (Or maybe can't) edit?

Or maybe I'm missing more? :)

yup, likely it's event flag related.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zeroba said:

Beggars can't be choosers, so I'll twiddle my thumbs and suck it up until it becomes changeable or not.
Thanks for the answer.

probably you could do a before and after dexio/sina battle saves, and compare flags

pkhex can compare flags

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

probably you could do a before and after dexio/sina battle saves, and compare flags

pkhex can compare flags

I was thinking that, I saw the "FlagDiff Researcher" Would this uncover different Event Flags not already listed? Seems like it might be the point seeing as it's called a Researcher.
Edit: Heh, clearly I have no idea what I'm doing in regards to that!

Edited by Zeroba

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

at flagdiff researcher,
load an old save (before) and new save (after in game event),
and it should show whether values were set or unset.

If you did so, do drop a screenshot here and reply to me, so I can see it.

I did so, but I think I need to eliminate some variables. There are a LOT of different values.
These saves are pretty vastly different, I think I'm going to have to play my way back up to post-game and save right before Dexio, export then just save after Dexio and compare that.

3 minutes ago, Zeroba said:

I did so, but I think I need to eliminate some variables. There are a LOT of different values.
These saves are pretty vastly different, I think I'm going to have to play my way back up to post-game and save right before Dexio, export then just save after Dexio and compare that.

that's why its supposed to be a direct before after.