Anyone else having problems with AltWFC lately?

NekoSabrina

It seems that whenever I try to connect with my emulator (which is set up to be able to go online, I've done it before), I keep getting error messages stating the server is either overloaded or not working properly, even though connection tests work and it seems like at least some people are able to get on (I've seen recent entries on the pkmnclassic.net GTS page that would have been uploaded while I've been having these problems). I haven't tried connecting with my DSs to see if they can get on or not, but for what I am trying to do, if the rom can't connect, then there's no point in trying (there's something I basically want to gift to myself on the rom).

Given that the purpose of this server was to give new life to the Gen 4/5 online battling and trading scene after the Nintendo WFC was shut down for them, if there's something preventing people from getting online, it kinda defeats the purpose, no?

wifail.png

EDIT: So either it's been fixed, or I needed to run my emulator with admin rights to allow the emulator to properly communicate (I don't remember needing to do that before, though). Either way, I got it to work today.

Edited by NekoSabrina