Hai all,

I wanted to change my trainer's name, however, I went into problems...

Here is what I did:

1. Deleted my game from Pokemon Global Link

2. Changed name using PKHex (extracted and put back with JKSM on cfw with A9HL)

3. Went to Festival to get my G-Sync ID and put it into Pokemon GL

Problem: It shows my old name; it might ban me, so I cancelled..

Here is what I tried:

1. I changed the G-Sync ID in PKHex, but, when I tried it in PGL, it was invalid.. I also tried saving to PGL

2. Tried getting a new save file and changed everything to match up in PKHex (except the G-Sync id); the save game showed that I was still on route one, and, when I loaded it, it would show my actual position (changed my position using the map) without the player model and it would just soft lock... (I know I can replay the whole game and just transfer the pokemons, but that is boring...)

3. Took the save file with the name change and made two copies; one had the normal unedited G-Sync ID (this one is the original.zip in the attachment) and another one where the G-Sync ID is all 0 (as edited by PKHex) and found the values affected... those values I changed with the values of a blank save in the hex editor (edited.zip).. also over the pokemon in the GTS because it has my old name as OT... the problem: save file is corrupted. It is not because of secure value because JKSM does that automatically

Basically what I want is a way to remove all data related to the Festival/G-Sync/Online connectivity so it would reset the G-Sync ID for my new name that I changed.. I want to do this on the original.zip.

original.zip

edited.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Try backup your old save, then open a new save. Before you go online with the new save, change TID and SID of the new save in PKHex, then go online to get a sync id. replace your old save's sync id with the new one, then you are done. 

This worked for gen6, not sure if it still works.