Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

1 hour ago, pMD said:

@Deoxyz, do those "legal reasons" involve legal agreements and contracts between an italian source and "former Nintendo employees"?

Yes. I live in Italy, but I'm not italian.

The "Nintendo Employee" is just one. Although I'm not too sure about what was his role with Nintendo, I only know he had a bunch of carts which I purchased. I paid over 10.000€, and I'm still paying a monthly fee which I'll finish paying in June 2017.

I currently have: 1 10ANNIV for each european language, 1 Aura Mew for each european language, 1 Aurora Ticket US, 1 Shiny Zigzagoon UK, and some others I can't disclose any info about currently, but I have told some people about them. I had multiple 10ANNIV UK, Aura Mew UK, Aurora Ticket US, Shiny Zigzagoon UK ( whose cart was different from the others) because apparently these UK carts were not used only in UK, but also other countries in the north of Europe. Aurora Ticket US was used in several US states.

Some of those carts were also sold on Nintendoage by some guy in 2012. That's how several people got their hands on them ( I was lucky enough to get some myself), and that's why I'm allowed to sell 10ANNIV and Aurora Ticket US freely. I got them in the past before I had a deal with that guy. Some other people got Shiny Zigzagoon, so it was "leaked" before I got my hands on the lot of carts from that guy. Similar dynamic with Aura Mew, and I think there's a post on here too, so I did sell it in the past, but I sold them quickly and I have no intention to share the ROMs currently.

In the past few years I sold a few 10ANNIV, a few Aurora Ticket US, a few Shiny Zigzagoon UK and a few Aura Mew UK ( although these last ones were sold to a single buyer years ago, so I never put them on eBay, but you'll probably find them for sale by someone else sooner or later).

I don't have any other carts to sell anymore. I was just selling to get some money back, and now I've finished all spare carts I had.

As I said, in June 2017 I'll finish paying and I'll be "more free" to talk about whatever else I have. Check back in July 2017 and I'll have something sweet for you all.

Edited by XJ55
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, XJ55 said:

Yes. I live in Italy, but I'm not italian.

The "Nintendo Employee" is just one. Although I'm not too sure about what was his role with Nintendo, I only know he had a bunch of carts which I purchased. I paid over 10.000€, and I'm still paying a monthly fee which I'll finish paying in June 2017.

I currently have: 1 10ANNIV for each european language, 1 Aura Mew for each european language, 1 Aurora Ticket US, 1 Shiny Zigzagoon UK, and some others I can't disclose any info about currently, but I have told some people about them. I had multiple 10ANNIV UK, Aura Mew UK, Aurora Ticket US, Shiny Zigzagoon UK ( whose cart was different from the others) because apparently these UK carts were not used only in UK, but also other countries in the north of Europe. Aurora Ticket US was used in several US states.

Some of those carts were also sold on Nintendoage by some guy in 2012. That's how several people got their hands on them ( I was lucky enough to get some myself), and that's why I'm allowed to sell 10ANNIV and Aurora Ticket US freely. I got them in the past before I had a deal with that guy. Some other people got Shiny Zigzagoon, so it was "leaked" before I got my hands on the lot of carts from that guy. Similar dynamic with Aura Mew, and I think there's a post on here too, so I did sell it in the past, but I sold them quickly and I have no intention to share the ROMs currently.

In the past few years I sold a few 10ANNIV, a few Aurora Ticket US, a few Shiny Zigzagoon UK and a few Aura Mew UK ( although these last ones were sold to a single buyer years ago, so I never put them on eBay, but you'll probably find them for sale by someone else sooner or later).

I don't have any other carts to sell anymore. I was just selling to get some money back, and now I've finished all spare carts I had.

As I said, in June 2017 I'll finish paying and I'll be "more free" to talk about whatever else I have. Check back in July 2017 and I'll have something sweet for you all.

Is the UK Shiny Zigzagoon the same as the one from the North America Version 14 and 16 Demo Discs? If so, then no one's gonna be bugging you for that one.

3 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Is the UK Shiny Zigzagoon the same as the one from the North America Version 14 and 16 Demo Discs? If so, then no one's gonna be bugging you for that one.

I don't know about that nonsense. If any of those ever go up for sale, I'll do anything I can to get my hands on one.  hahahahahahaha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

at the very least, the glossy sticker look like it'll tear or something when tempered with..

I can confirm that the labels are thin and delicate. Mine is half ripped and clearly shows that it rips much easier than the standard GBA label. It's similar to one of those really cheap water bottle labels that tear when you rip them off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

PP.org has copies of 

I will envy you people with access until the end of time. 

Couldn't these files then be implemented into legit distribution tolls at this point then? Or were agreements made with these wretched collectors we all keep talking about?

1 minute ago, Sabresite said:

Almost everything listed here PP.org has copies of already and have disassembled and documented. :)

I'm still curious if we could modify the recently released ROM to generate legal versions of other event Pokemon that have the same PID method. If that's possible, we wouldn't NEED any more GBA distro ROMs besides one of the Aurora Ticket ones for Mystery Gift.

5 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Almost everything listed here PP.org has copies of already and have disassembled and documented. :)

Are these kept private due to the legal nature of roms, or just that the staff and/or cartridge owners just personally want to keep them rare and valuable?

We were asked by the ROM owners to not distribute them.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:13 PM, Invader TAK said:

I'm still curious if we could modify the recently released ROM to generate legal versions of other event Pokemon that have the same PID method. If that's possible, we wouldn't NEED any more GBA distro ROMs besides one of the Aurora Ticket ones for Mystery Gift.

We technically don't.  We know how every BACD is generated.  I'll be happy to lay it out and @Bond697 can correct me if I am wrong.
I'll list these by rand call:

PIDL, PIDH, IV1, IV2, Held Item, OTG/Game

OTG/Item is calculated by:

rand() >> 7 & 1

And if the PID turns out shiny, then the whole thing is started again with another 16bit seed.

22 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Are these kept private due to the legal nature of roms, or just that the staff and/or cartridge owners just personally want to keep them rare and valuable?

When I was given the 10ANNIV rom 3 1/2 years ago, the person who gave it to me asked me not to give it out or anything to preserve the cart's value. The same goes for a few others. Some of the stuff isn't even private, there just hasn't been anyone who has really cared, as far as I knew.  Like this for example:

RvdpwrA.png

It's an unreleased gen 3 event, METEOR Jirachi.  I found its multiboot rom in.. some game.  I've told people about it and given out archives, but nobody really seemed to care that much.  I spent awhile gathering the multiboot roms and checking them out and to be honest, I didn't realize there was much interest in them anymore until Sabresite mentioned them not too long ago.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2016 at 11:36 PM, Sabresite said:

We technically don't.  We know how every BACD is generated.  I'll be happy to lay it out and @Bond697 can correct me if I am wrong.
I'll list these by rand call:

PIDL, PIDH, IV1, IV2, Held Item, OTG/Game

OTG/Item is calculated by:

rand() >> 7 & 1

And if the PID turns out shiny, then the whole thing is started again with another 16bit seed.

Good to know!

On 12/23/2016 at 11:37 PM, Bond697 said:

When I was given the 10ANNIV rom 3 1/2 years ago, the person who gave it to me asked me not to give it out or anything to preserve the cart's value. The same goes for a few others. Some of the stuff isn't even private, there just hasn't been anyone who has really cared, as far as I knew.  Like this for example:

RvdpwrA.png

It's an unreleased gen 3 event, METEOR Jirachi.  I found its multiboot rom in.. some game.  I've told people about it and given out archives, but nobody really seemed to care that much.  I spent awhile gathering the multiboot roms and checking them out and to be honest, I didn't realize there was much interest in them anymore until Sabresite mentioned them not too long ago.

Now you got me wondering what other event multiboot ROMs are hiding out there.

Actually I think I got the order of OTG and Held Item might differ between wishmaker and other distributions.
It looks like wishmaker is Item then OTG, and 10 aniv is OTG then item. If we extrapolate that to other events that have random item and otg, then we should be able to find out the pattern (with enough pokemon).

@ajxpk, when you checked tanabata (2006) jirachi, are the OTG's on the 5th rand()?

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

Actually I think I got the order of OTG and Held Item might differ between wishmaker and other distributions.
It looks like wishmaker is Item then OTG, and 10 aniv is OTG then item. If we extrapolate that to other events that have random item and otg, then we should be able to find out the pattern (with enough pokemon).

@ajxpk, when you checked tanabata (2006) jirachi, are the OTG's on the 5th rand()?

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something since the 10ANNIVs have no item.

2 minutes ago, Bond697 said:

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something. 

I have a few gen 3 Jirachi events that are holding light balls. Maybe they recycled the data?

4 minutes ago, Bond697 said:

Fun fact since you brought this up: the 10ANNIV multiboot roms have unused code in them to give all 10ANNIV pokes a light ball.  Must be a leftover from another event somewhere or something since the 10ANNIVs have no item.

Actually, the 10ANNIV Pikachu is holding a Light Ball. And according to Bulbapedia, the US 10 ANIV Latias and Latios both hold Soul Dew.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 6:48 PM, Sabresite said:

Luckily I was able to collect tons of Japanese Event Pokémon still in Gen 3.

To your question...
Well the 2 (2006) Tanabata Jirachis I have, have the same Berry but different OT Gender. Maybe the Held Item has the priority?
Then the OTG would be on 6th rand(). I will check in a few moments and edit it in this post.

Edit:
Nope, seems to be something else.
And since I have only 2 of those I don't have anything to compare.

3 hours ago, Bond697 said:

What would the best tools be to extract the multiboot roms from a cartridge if you dont mind me asking?