Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

Just now, longnecks0 said:

Awesome! I don't really know what the standard is, and I don't really want to be greedy or needy, but would it be one of the Pokemon listed? A couple of them? All of them? I feel like me asking for everything would be kind of rude of me, but I do sort of want everything :P. I know that this isn't something you have to do, and I appreciate you offering to do this for me. So if it's too much to ask for all of them, I totally get it. Also, should I just upload the save file to this thread?

The Pokemon on our save are clones. I can give you whichever ones you want. As many as your save can hold. I care very much about the gen 3 games and community. I want to preserve as much as possible. I'm sure you could upload/share the .sav wherever. 

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

The Pokemon on our save are clones. I can give you whichever ones you want. As many as your save can hold. I care very much about the gen 3 games and community. I want to preserve as much as possible. I'm sure you could upload/share the .sav wherever. 

OK. I'll upload the untouched save, exactly as I received it, and also a save with a bunch of the normal Pokemon released so there's more space in the boxes. Thanks again! I'll be back tomorrow morning :)

I have returned with a dumped save! Once again, no idea if it is legit or not. Attached is the untouched save file, just as I received it (attached as POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav). I do not know if the events on it are legit, and would appreciate someone confirming or denying their legitimacy. I also jumped into PKhex and deleted a bunch of regular Pokemon so that HaxAras could fit more of the cloned events onto the save (attached as EDITED_POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav). Note, the save file that says edited IS NOT UNTOUCHED!!! @HaxAras, I would greatly appreciate you adding a couple of each of the cloned event Pokemon that you have access to to the edited save file. As for the untouched save, there are 3 10th anniversary Pokemon in the party, 16 in the box called "LIVE EVT" and 3 in a box called "ARMY", as well as a Space C Deoxys in the box called "Army".  Hope the save file is of some use! Please let me know whether or not the events are legit.

Edited by longnecks0
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, longnecks0 said:

I have returned with a dumped save! Once again, no idea if it is legit or not. Attached is the untouched save file, just as I received it (attached as POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav). I do not know if the events on it are legit, and would appreciate someone confirming or denying their legitimacy. I also jumped into PKhex and deleted a bunch of regular Pokemon so that HaxAras could fit more of the cloned events onto the save (attached as EDITED_POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav). Note, the save file that says edited IS NOT UNTOUCHED!!! @HaxAras, I would greatly appreciate you adding a couple of each of the cloned event Pokemon that you have access to to the edited save file. As for the untouched save, there are 3 10th anniversary Pokemon in the party, 16 in the box called "LIVE EVT" and 3 in a box called "ARMY", as well as a Space C Deoxys in the box called "Army".  Hope the save file is of some use! Please let me know whether or not the events are legit.

POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav

EDITED_POKEMON_EMER_BPEE00.sav

They definitely look legit as far as I can tell, but I'm not a legitimacy expert. If someone can verify them via trashbytes, that should be enough to make a definite determination.

Thanks for sharing, more American 10 ANIV events are really a great addition to HaxAras's event compilation. It's all we've got from this event to preserve, since the actual distribution cart hasn't ever been leaked... yet.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

Thanks for sharing, more American 10 ANIV events are really a great addition to HaxAras's event compilation. It's all we've got from this event to preserve, since the actual distribution cart hasn't ever been leaked... yet.

I just wanna make a small correction. I wouldn't call it My event compilation. InsaneNutter started it and I joined in very early on. It's more of a community compilation as there's been quite a few contributors. I'm just the guy who took up the task of updating the project because I'm a no-life with too much free time. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

@HaxAras, we have been trying to figure out if Surf/Fly Pikachu move was random based on one of the rands used for generation.  Since you have 2 of each, can you send me those and some that did not have fly/surf (if you have them).

The 6 files I sent you were the 2 Suft/Fly Pikachu and the (already public Rocks Metang) and Festa Metang. I'll send you the two non-surf/fly Pikachu I have later. 

@ajxpk We talked about the trash bytes of the Rocks Metang I have in gen 3. I was searching through files on my PC earlier and found that it was uploaded as a gen 4 file to this website previously. I deleted it because I have it in gen 3. I just thought you might find that interesting. 

Edit: In the gen 3 events contribution save, we have several (modified) 10th Anniversary Pikachu and my own English and Japanese Colosseum Pikachu. I don't remember the requirements for those or I might be able to get more if it's based on the GBA games and not the Colo save. 

Edited by HaxAras

UPDATE

Sorry! It took a while to check all the 4th Gen files I received just recently...
Lot of things weren't really useful, but I would like to give an Update about some new things I learned from the files...

Today I wanna talk a little bit about Jirachis.
I received many Negaiboshi Jirachis which are... and this is very unfortunate... useless...
Since most of the Berries are lost. Only two of them had their Berries still and I'm not even sure if these are the original Berries.
It is hard to say since some of these files are obviously touched. No infos about their original sources or whatever...
At least the PID Method is correct... but that alone doesn't help much... 
At least this gives hope that there are still some Negaiboshis out there.
Hopefully WITH their original Berries...

Also I received some 4th Gen Tanabata 2006 Jirachis... which seem untouched... and with them btw. completed almost all of those that are in the Trading Circle, except 1...

I'm talking about this one right here:

Jirachi 60707 Tanabata Jolly 5-22-2008 Highly curious Japan HP 25

If anyone has the missing Jirachi it would be cool if you could send it to me for the research.
The reason for this is, that it seems for the 2006 Tanabata Jirachi the Berry determination is not rand() / 3 & 1.
OTG is determined on frame 6 same as the other Event Pokemon, but the Held Item Determination leaves open questions.
I would like to have the collected the missing Jirachi and will then check further. 

Also I have a questions regarding the PokePark Taiwan Jirachi.
The correct Moveset appearently isn't known in public. But appearently there are people who know the correct one.
If there is anyone who knows about how the correct Moveset looks like, please let me know...

I have one PokePark Jirachi now which has the following Moveset:

Helping Hand
Psychic
Refresh
Rest

No news regarding the other files I'm trying to get. I still looking to get more PCJP03 Eggs.
But I can't reach my contacts in the moment... 

1 hour ago, ajxpk said:

The 10Anniversary ROM was dissassembled by @Bond697
So we already know everything about the UK Event.

If I understand you correctly, you would like to get the other European 10th Anniversary Pokemon as well, right?
And for this I would need some examples of the other Distributions to confirm if the Trash Bytes are the same.
I don't have any of those received yet. So I'm unfortunately unable to confirm it...

I also must say that I haven't even seen any of those in Trading forums still in Gen 3, so chances that I get one of those aren't good...
We can only hope that someone pops up and will contribute to the research.

I may not be able to get the other language roms, at least not right now, but it's a possibility I can obtain some actual pokemon if you need to examine their trash bytes. No guarantees, but I can try.

On 1/31/2017 at 5:36 PM, Deoxyz said:

I may not be able to get the other language roms, at least not right now, but it's a possibility I can obtain some actual pokemon if you need to examine their trash bytes. No guarantees, but I can try.

I managed to obtain a set of the Italian/10ANNI pokemon. For research purposes, this should hopefully be good enough. For collecting purposes, I don't think I'll be able to get a set of the other languages any time soon, but I can't say for certain yet.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 3

Thanks you very much! Sorry, damn busy in the moment. I just saw this now and did a quick check...
Trash Bytes matching with the other 10th Anniversary Events!
No surprise, but it's cool to be able to confirm it now.

This attached zip contains 100% legitimate pk3s from all the 5 languages of the European 10th Anniversary carts and Aura Mew carts. No, I can't reveal how I got them. The English 10ANNIVs and Italian 10ANNIs in the zip are the same ones I uploaded previously, so they're nothing new. I just wanted a compilation zip. Note that the Aura Mews don't have unique OTs, just the origin language data differentiates them.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 5

Huge thanks!
According to the files the Trash Bytes stay the same, no matter which language.
So it's just as I believed it would be... however considering that the source is a secret...
There is always a chance that something could be hacked so it should be taken with a grain of salt.
So if anyone has more files from other sources they would be highly appreciate.

Interesting that there are still so many Event Pokemon hiding in private collections... 
I hope we will see a few more suprises over the time. :) 

10 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Huge thanks!
According to the files the Trash Bytes stay the same, no matter which language.
So it's just as I believed it would be... however considering that the source is a secret...
There is always a chance that something could be hacked so it should be taken with a grain of salt.
So if anyone has more files from other sources they would be highly appreciate.

Interesting that there are still so many Event Pokemon hiding in private collections... 
I hope we will see a few more suprises over the time. :) 

I have photo proof the source supplied to prove the legitimacy to me, they just don't want me sharing the photos. HaxAras knows them too, so take his word as well in the post above me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure if anyone tried to rng 10anniv pokemon, but I realize something important.  Pokemon seed is generated by games save so if you use same save, you always get same pokemon (IVs, nature) and it doesn’t matter which pokemon you send.  Maybe 10anniv pokemon is generated like WISHMKR jirachi or similar way.  Discovering  how PID generated  offers us perfect IV and Nature. I'm not expert but someone can find a way.

Resim1.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I already know that. But it's not the same method that's being used for Wishmaker Jirachi.
Also there is no easy way to manipulate it in a way as it was possible with Wishmaker Jirachi...
In Wishmkr Jirachi's case the Seed was the save file checksum that was being used as the Seed.
In 10th Anniversary's case however it looks like it's computed using some magic numbers instead. 
Haven't fully analyzed it because I think @Bond697 already did that.