Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

I think I read on post in beginning of the topic that someone had the 10 ANNIV rom 3 years ago? How come u didn't share with the world? And what's that jirachi undistributed that we sW1 earlier. From what cart is that on?

Edited by YoshiMoshi

4 minutes ago, YoshiMoshi said:

I think I read on post in beginning of the topic that someone had the 10 ANNIV rom 3 years ago? How come u didn't share with the world? And what's that jirachi undistributed that we sW1 earlier. From what cart is that on?

They were afraid bootlegs would get out. Of course, it doesn't matter now.

As for that Jirachi, I have no idea where it comes from. People have found multiboot distros hidden in plenty of other games (and distros).

@Bond697
One thing I don't have information about is the difference between PIkachu & Surfing Pikachu.  Is that taken care of on rand5? I know the standard function for pokemon construction can take a move as input, so is it rand1 and the PID/IVs after? Is it PID, IVs, Move, Item OTG?

@Sabresite if the Pikachu I have is legit. (4th Gen, Agility...)
It would be definitely rand5, because PID and IVs are generated as they normally should.
If possible I will try to get another one with Surf and still in Gen 3 just to be sure.
One thing I noticed on Bulbapedia (good source... I know, lol) is that the order of Moves of these Pikachus is different.
Which (if they listed the correct order) would speak rather for another ROM than a function of the generation process.

Netherless it still would be good to know from Bond what it would be in case if there's a decision between 2 optional Special Moves.
Because we are struggle with this question in the moment...
So, yeah... this is an important question.

I was curious about this and since this kinda turned into the event research thread for gen 3, maybe somebody will have an answer. I ended up getting an Ageto Celebi once that didn't have any moves. I was able to import it to gen 5 but had to teach it a move to get it into gen 6. I should still have it on Pokemon Box if anybody is interested in it. 

@Sabresite  No there is nothing new about Pikachu with Surf and pretty questionable if I will get one at the moment.
It's kinda hard to get an overview what's actually there, but when I went through the Shops  I noticed that it seems that there is NO Pikachu with Surf still in Gen 3. The same goes for ROCKS Metang. And I'm not too interested in Gen 4 files, because the chance that they are hacked is more likely, so I would only go for those if there is no other cance and if it's necessary. 
I can't reach my most important contacts in the moment which is very unfortunate, last time I talked with them they were pretty busy.
At this moment PCJP03 Eggs (Most important right now) and 10 ANIV Party of the Decade (to confirm Trash Bytes) are on Top of my list of the files I would gather for research. But if there is something else important let me know and I will see what I can do.

Back to the research...
As I said earlier, I have this Pikachu with Agility. I don't know wether the Move would be on rand5 if it was determined by a rand.
Should have said it earlier but the Pikachu I have has OTG Female and this was definitely decided by rand5 just like other 10th Anniversary Event Pokemon. Which makes me believe that Journey Across America's Pikachu's Move was not determined by a rand. Except if it was on rand6 or rand7... I believe it's rather likely that it has its own ROM. Especially if Bulbapedia listed the order of Moves correctly, because I suppose the Special Move would be last Move. 

I think we should wait what Bond has to say about that. 

On 1/13/2017 at 7:14 AM, Sabresite said:

@ajxpk You won't have any surf pikachus in gen 4, cause HM's cannot be Pal Parked.

Let's look into rand6/rand7 because we know it doesn't have a variable item.

Yeah, you're right. :D lol
Which explains why I can't find any Pikachu with Surf at all...
As a matter of fact, I didn't even knew that there was a Pikachu with Surf (Journey Across America) and even one with Fly (Party of the Decade) in the US until a while ago...
And I think I do know 3rd Gen Event Pokemon pretty well.

Wait I will send you a message... 

Thanks @Invader TAK.

Just received some new files to work with and finally able to go back to research.
These are 4th Gen tho' and I said this before, but I'm not a friend of these "palparked" files.
Even I'm aware that it's almost impossible to get original files now. But I really wished people would have backed up their original files before they did.
Because Gen 4 Files are "touched"... which is horrible in terms of Event Pokemon...
It's good for hackers because they're more easy to hack, but for people who care about legitimacy it's bad.
Because important and sensitive data like Trash Bytes getting removed, Met Location gets changed, Held Item taken...
And Pikachus with Surf or Fly can't even even be transferred before you get rid of their Special Moves.
But since this is all I'm able to get after such a long time, let's get started...

For now I want to talk again about ROCKS Metang, also to answer @HaxAras question.
About the question wether the algorithm is identical to the Japanese フェスタ Metang...
I would have thought that this is the case... but it's hard to say...
There is this information at Bulbapedia and other sites that ROCKS Metang had 2 possibilities when it comes to the OTG.
I believe that's not the case but in order to that I have to proof it. Which isn't that easy without evidence...
As ridiculous it sounds, since it's obvious that フェスタ and ROCKS mirror each other, right?
But there isn't any untouched ROCKS Metang I can surely say is legit. 

I'm still not even able to fully confirm wether the Metang we have from you is legit or at least legal.
By comparing it with my other files I noticed that it's exactly the same Metang that was included in the PKMDB.COM Collection
Now the question is where is this 3rd Gen Metang is coming from all over sudden?
Is it the original Metang before it was palparked? Or maybe it's a hack based on this Metang.
I'm afraid to say that the 2nd case is more likely and it kinda would also explain why its Trash Bytes were so different from anything else...

So yeah... I fear it doesn't look good... 
The only thing I can say IF these files are legit. (And I have 3 ROCKS Metangs in total now...)
Then they would proof that the OTG is indeed always Male. 

Hello! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go. I recently bought a used GBA SP on eBay that came with a Pokemon Emerald cartridge. When I checked the save file, I noticed it had a bunch of 10th anniversary events. I contacted the seller, who told me that he bought it from someone about a year ago, and that he doesn't know anything about the events. Is there a way to check their legitimacy? Even if it's not 100%, anything helps. If there is, can someone who has no idea what they're doing, like me, do the test? If not, would someone here be willing to do it for me? I have the means to dump my save file, but I can't do it until tomorrow morning. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, longnecks0 said:

Hello! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go. I recently bought a used GBA SP on eBay that came with a Pokemon Emerald cartridge. When I checked the save file, I noticed it had a bunch of 10th anniversary events. I contacted the seller, who told me that he bought it from someone about a year ago, and that he doesn't know anything about the events. Is there a way to check their legitimacy? Even if it's not 100%, anything helps. If there is, can someone who has no idea what they're doing, like me, do the test? If not, would someone here be willing to do it for me? I have the means to dump my save file, but I can't do it until tomorrow morning. Thank you!

There's a legit gen 3 event preservation project that would be very happy to have some new 10th anniv events. If they're legit and you're willing to share them, you could easily make use of all the event Pokemon on the saves we have. There's stuff way rarer than 10th anniv events on our project saves.

The community only survives if we work together and preserve what little is left.  

6 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

There's a legit gen 3 event preservation project that would be very happy to have some new 10th anniv events. If they're legit and you're willing to share them, you could easily make use of all the event Pokemon on the saves we have. There's stuff way rarer than 10th anniv events on our project saves.

The community only survives if we work together and preserve what little is left.  

I'd be happy to try to help out! But, I have no idea what to do :P What should I do to try and help?

1 minute ago, longnecks0 said:

I'd be happy to try to help out! But, I have no idea what to do :P What should I do to try and help?

All you'd have to do is dump your save. We could use several programs to load your save up with any of the event Pokemon you want from the saves we have. 

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

All you'd have to do is dump your save. We could use several programs to load your save up with any of the event Pokemon you want from the saves we have. 

Sounds good. I can dump it tomorrow sometime. Is there a list or something of the saves that you have? And would you just load it with the Pokemon, then send me back the save or something? All of this if anyone can figure out if it's legit or not from the save.

4 minutes ago, longnecks0 said:

Sounds good. I can dump it tomorrow sometime. Is there a list or something of the saves that you have? And would you just load it with the Pokemon, then send me back the save or something? All of this if anyone can figure out if it's legit or not from the save.

I'm sure other people would have an easier time telling if they're legit but it should be easy enough to tell. I don't have a full list but here's some of the stuff off the top of my head. 

Spoiler

RUBY/SAPHIRE - Berry fix Zigzagoon & Japanese versions

Rocks Metang

Ageto Celebi / Japanese and unreleased English Version

Colosseum Pikachu / Japanese and unreleased English version

Japanese Colosseum E-reader Pokemon and English versions.

Mystery and Aura Mew

DOEL and Space C Deoxys

Jeremy Gengar, Tauros, Vulpix

A handful of PCNY Pokemon

Wishmaker and Channel Jirachi and some Japanese ones.

Hado Mew and Regi golems

Mt.Battle Ho-oh, English and Japanese

Jungle Tour Celebi

Pokemon Box eggs

Pokemon XD: Elemental Hyper Beam Starters

Every base game in game trade Pokemon, UT at the lowest level in every language. 

Some un-released /prototype Pokemon. Including all 28 Unown. I got all 28 myself but another persons Unown T is in the current save.

Some of the Island event Pokemon 

Various (few) 10 ANIV, 10ANNIV and 10ANIV Pokemon. 

I'm sure we'll be able to hook you up with something good, regardless if yours are real or not. 

8 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I'm sure other people would have an easier time telling if they're legit but it should be easy enough to tell. I don't have a full list but here's some of the stuff off the top of my head. 

Hide contents

RUBY/SAPHIRE - Berry fix Zigzagoon & Japanese versions

Rocks Metang

Ageto Celebi / Japanese and unreleased English Version

Colosseum Pikachu / Japanese and unreleased English version

Japanese Colosseum E-reader Pokemon and English versions.

Mystery and Aura Mew

DOEL and Space C Deoxys

Jeremy Gengar, Tauros, Vulpix

A handful of PCNY Pokemon

Wishmaker and Channel Jirachi and some Japanese ones.

Hado Mew and Regi golems

Mt.Battle Ho-oh, English and Japanese

Jungle Tour Celebi

Pokemon Box eggs

Pokemon XD: Elemental Hyper Beam Starters

Every base game in game trade Pokemon, UT at the lowest level in every language. 

Some un-released /prototype Pokemon. Including all 28 Unown. I got all 28 myself but another persons Unown T is in the current save.

Some of the Island event Pokemon 

Various (few) 10 ANIV, 10ANNIV and 10ANIV Pokemon. 

I'm sure we'll be able to hook you up with something good, regardless if yours are real or not. 

Awesome! I don't really know what the standard is, and I don't really want to be greedy or needy, but would it be one of the Pokemon listed? A couple of them? All of them? I feel like me asking for everything would be kind of rude of me, but I do sort of want everything :P. I know that this isn't something you have to do, and I appreciate you offering to do this for me. So if it's too much to ask for all of them, I totally get it. Also, should I just upload the save file to this thread?