Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

Regarding PCJP2003 shiny pichu eggs, we have solved the PID/IVs.  Here is the algorithm, and keep in mind all results from rand() are 32bit.

seed = 0 -> 0xFFFF
randA() - unknown
randB() - unknown
pid = ((randC() >> 0x10) << 0x10)) | (randD() >> 0x10)
If force-shiny flag on (How this is determined we don't know)
shiny = (randE() >> 0x10) & 7
pid = (pid & 0xFFFF0000) | ((pidH ^ tid ^ sid) & ~0x7) | shiny)

IVs are generated normally on randF() and randG().

I think this is similar, if not exactly the same way as berry glitch zig, yet was released 8 months earlier.

• Like 2

Just now, Invader TAK said:

IVs won't matter once Bank gets updated for Sun and Moon thanks to Bottle Caps. You'd only need to worry about Natures.

Are bottle caps a permanent increase to stats? I have those Colosseum E-reader mons and a 5IV shiny Feebas. It would be cool to make Feebas perfect and those Colo mons not suck. 

What about gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 though? Couldn't the 10th anniversary Pokemon be used as Battle Tower mons?

I was curious if the source rom of the unreleased Meteor Jirachi is known, or was that something else that was made to be kept secret?

That pokemon has been a bit of a curiosity of mine lately, since I always found unreleased events to be interesting.

5 minutes ago, ozderya said:

To be honest, I don't care about to get them shiny. I care about nature and IVs

You'd probably just have to keep receiving the same pokemon over and over until it gives you a spread you're fine with. Basically like SRing for good IVs for legendarys in games before they were guaranteed 3 31s. But if you don't plan to keep it in Gen 3, then like Invader Tak said, you don't necessarily need worry about IVs.

Edited by Deoxyz

4 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Are bottle caps a permanent increase to stats? I have those Colosseum E-reader mons and a 5IV shiny Feebas. It would be cool to make Feebas perfect and those Colo mons not suck. 

What about gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 though? Couldn't the 10th anniversary Pokemon be used as Battle Tower mons?

Yes, as long as they weren't banned Pokemon to begin with. So no Ho-Oh, Luigia, Celebi or Deoxys (there was a period in 2006 where it was given away at Space Center Houston).

Also, I believe Bottle Caps ARE a permanent increase to stats, but they leave the IVs alone. I assume it was done that way so you couldn't just Bottle Cap a Ditto and breed, and also for Hidden Power.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

From what I understand, Bottle Caps don't change the actual IV values, it's just kind of like a cloak that makes them act as if they were maxed out. So for example, a maxed stat of 31 would still be 24, just not act as 24.

I can't really tell if transferring to PokeBank is going to reset this or not.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

From what I understand, Bottle Caps don't change the actual IV values, it's just kind of like a cloak that makes them act as if they were maxed out. So for example, a maxed stat of 31 would still be 24, just not act as 24.

I can't really tell if transferring to PokeBank is going to reset this or not.

I get that part. But is it a temporary thing? If I trade it to another game or power down my game or whatever, would I have to use another cap later. Or is it a permanent addition to my Pokemon like Pokerus, a ribbon or a shiny crown?

Just now, HaxAras said:

I get that part. But is it a temporary thing? If I trade it to another game or power down my game or whatever, would I have to use another cap later. Or is it a permanent addition to my Pokemon like Pokerus, a ribbon or a shiny crown?

I think it's permanent. I should gen a Pokemon, then PKHeX some Bottle Caps in and test that.

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

I can't even remember which 10th anniversary Pokemon that rom gives out. Would any of them even be useful for the Battle Tower in Emerald? Maybe some of the other facilities. 

0TWUjF5.png

I think any of the non-banned pokemon, besides maybe Pikachu, would be good for the Battle Frontier

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I was curious if the source rom of the unreleased Meteor Jirachi is known, or was that something else that was made to be kept secret?

That pokemon has been a bit of a curiosity of mine lately, since I always found unreleased events to be interesting.

Yeah, like they're not completely legit since they were never released, but they're not completely hacked either since Nintendo themselves made them.

GAMESTP Celebi was a really interesting one since it wasn't meant to be given out, but people got it legitimately anyway (if Nintendo considers changing the date on the distribution DSes as legitimate, lol.)

Just now, Ammako said:

Yeah, like they're not completely legit since they were never released, but they're not completely hacked either since Nintendo themselves made them.

GAMESTP Celebi was a really interesting one since it wasn't meant to be given out, but people got it legitimately anyway (if Nintendo considers changing the date on the distribution DSes as legitimate, lol.)

There's also the AGATE Celebi and COLOS Pikachu. And probably the Colosseum E-reader mons. The door to the E-reader room is locked in the English games but if you can get in there, the Japanese E-reader and cards work with the North American games. 

• Like 1

Also come to think of it, it's kinda like the distro cartridges. They're official stuff made by Nintendo at some point that we were never meant to be able to have, but managed to get at some point anyway. :P

On 12/31/2016 at 4:59 PM, Ammako said:

I always figured it WAS meant to be given out, but Nintendo of America decided push up the start date for the Gen 4 Celebi event which meant they needed new carts.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 1

@Soniktts

Wow, you actually happen to have all 10 European carts, just what we've needed to finish off a complete compilation of all DS distro roms on another website. I'm not sure if you're even willing to dump and share some of these roms, but it would seriously be greatly appreciated if you would. We can't actually upload or link roms on this site, which is why we're compiling these on another site, but we can discuss it in detail via private message if you're interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soniktts said:

I own all of these cartridges. 

Psal9tT.jpg

Can I be of any assistance for research? 

I also own the US Berry Glitch disc and AGETO bonus disc. 

What case is in ur photo? I have never seen a case like this that allows to hold so many carts. Amazing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

@Soniktts

Wow, you actually happen to have all 10 European carts, just what we've needed to finish off a complete compilation of all DS distro roms on another website. I'm not sure if you're even willing to dump and share some of these roms, but it would seriously be greatly appreciated if you would. We can't actually upload or link roms on this site, which is why we're compiling these on another site, but we can discuss it in detail via private message if you're interested.

I don't currently have a method of dumping the ROMS but I may do this in the future. 

Some interesting notes about the Manaphy cartridge is that it is not date/time locked unlike every other Gen IV and V cartridge.

vBjN2qk.png

The event only ran for a few hours so it seems the developers saw no need to implement a date. You can set it today and it will distribute Manaphy endlessly where as if you were to use Darkrai (the event after it), it would need to be set to the distribution date presumably set in the RAM.

If there are any other questions for comparison purposes in this thread, let me know.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the great offer @Soniktts.
Told this already to you via PM, I have keen interested in Distribution ROMs.
Sometimes hidden content can be found on them.

I have bad news regarding the PCJP03 Shiny Pichu Algorithm.
I did some more tests with other examples and the result when we used the BGF Algorithm matched only on 1(!) given example out of 5, which makes me think that it was maybe coincidence and something else or more complex than the BGF Zigzagoons Algorithm. In order to solve this I would need more of these Eggs for further research and I will try to gather them over the time, which is necessary in order to confirm what is legal regarding them, if we can't get the Algorithm right we are not able to confirm their legitimacy. Best for this research would be if I get these Pokemon also in unhatched versions, also for documenting their Trash Bytes, because these Trash Bytes are overwritten when they hatch which makes this research impossible to complete. 

In other words we need to do more research before this information can be used in terms legality analysis ect.
If someone who reads this wants to contribute to the research it would be very nice too. I know it's highly unlikely that I will ever get some, but PCJP03 Eggs from other sources would be really appreciated. Because the files I have received from Neoseeker I have always find a bit suspicious. 

Update:
@Sabresite solved it! The same method is being used for PCJP03 Shiny Pichu as for Berry Fix Zigzagoons.
There was an little error in our Algorithm. Now with the fixed Algorithm we get the correct results for both Shiny Pichus and Shiny Zigzagoons.