We're Back

evandixon

• 3 weeks later...

I had just gotten into the Pokemon scene forums wise and joined joined when everything went haywire so i never got a chance to see the site or browse etc. i was sad too see what happened and ocassiionly checked too see how things were going. good to know you guys is back. hope the damage wasn't too bad and hope you guys can get what you had back and more  good luck to teh future  (/^▽^)/  ╰╏ ・ ᗜ ・ ╏╯

Is there a possibility of getting a pure BBCode editor with IP.Boards?

This editor is -very- annoying to use, and even more annoying on mobile s: (it causes problems + doesn't work properly in some cases.)

On mobile:

- Impossible to delete Quote blocks, at least if they're at the end of your post (haven't tried with quote blocks in the middle but quote block at the top of a post is probably undeletable too.)

- Impossible to select the area in edit box that's after a quote block, if that quote block is at the end of your post. So if you want to edit a post to add more stuff in after a quote block, you can't, because you can't add new lines nevermind new text.

- Very difficult to use @ mention, need some annoying workarounds to make them work, and once your @ mention is in there it becomes very hard to remove should you wish to edit it out.

- Using emoticons crashes my browser entirely as soon as it tries to replace the symbols/characters with the actual emoticon in editbox (workaround is to open the emoticon tray and select it directly there.)

I've also had this annoying issue where I try to manually add a quote block in the middle of my post, I had some text written before the quote block and after, except once I hit the submit button, it decided that the quote block included -everything- in my post that was after the first

tag, it apparently completely ignored the closing tag.

Most of this stuff works -okay- on desktop but the pure WYSIWYG editor is clunky and annoying to use compared to every other such editor I've used before (not that I use them much anyway, pure bbcode is the most convenient.) That last issue with the quote blocks would probably happen on Desktop as well though.

And here you see I tried to have just an opening quote tag, without a matching closing tag, because it was relevant to my explanation, but apparently it decided "there is a matching closing tag at the end of your post" and made the whole rest of my post a quote block. Also there's no way for me to fix it because it doesn't work.

43 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Is there a possibility of getting a pure BBCode editor with IP.Boards?

This editor is -very- annoying to use, and even more annoying on mobile s: (it causes problems + doesn't work properly in some cases.)

On mobile:

- Impossible to delete Quote blocks, at least if they're at the end of your post (haven't tried with quote blocks in the middle but quote block at the top of a post is probably undeletable too.)

- Impossible to select the area in edit box that's after a quote block, if that quote block is at the end of your post. So if you want to edit a post to add more stuff in after a quote block, you can't, because you can't add new lines nevermind new text.

- Very difficult to use @ mention, need some annoying workarounds to make them work, and once your @ mention is in there it becomes very hard to remove should you wish to edit it out.

- Using emoticons crashes my browser entirely as soon as it tries to replace the symbols/characters with the actual emoticon in editbox (workaround is to open the emoticon tray and select it directly there.)

I've also had this annoying issue where I try to manually add a quote block in the middle of my post, I had some text written before the quote block and after, except once I hit the submit button, it decided that the quote block included -everything- in my post that was after the first

What browser do you use on mobile?  It works fine on my phone (HTC One M8 using Chrome).

Quotes at the end can be selected by touching, then use backspace to delete. On Desktop, select before and press Delete.

Emoticon test: :):/ (Pressing enter, turning text into images works fine here)

Workaround for removing mention on mobile: write and select text before and after the mention then press backspace.

Regarding the quote eating your text, I recommend previewing before submitting.  Can't test on mobile since the toolbar button hasn't been added to the small editor yet.

You can also try tapatalk, since we have the appropriate plugin.

Firefox on Android is what I'm using. I can select quote blocks but delete does nothing.

And yes this is one of the annoying workarounds you have to use with @ mentions, eh. To make them work properly I have to write a bunch of text, and then I put the cursor back and add my @ mention, then I can bring the cursor back and continue typing.

If I just put an @ mention, the cursor gets stuck inside the @ mention and any keyboard buttons I press do nothing. I can move it back to before the mention and edit the text that was already there/add text before the mention, but it's impossible to add anything after it (and it's impossible to remove in such circumstances, because selecting the @ mention itself doesn't let me delete it.)

I mean I guess I could preview, but that won't really fix anything, it'll just let me see that the post will end up like that so that I don't post it but it won't prevent the bugs from happening. s:

Not sure why manually adding quote block in my other post bugged out like this, because I just tested and it apparently worked fine. I'm pretty certain my closing quote tag wasn't at the complete end of my post when I had the issue, but I mean I could have been mistaken.

Couldn't there just be a pure bbcode editor though? Or this version of IP.Boards can't have it?

6 hours ago, Ammako said:

Couldn't there just be a pure bbcode editor though? Or this version of IP.Boards can't have it?

Unfortunately, this is not supported by IP.Board.  BB code can be used (italics added with BB code), but I'm unable to find a list of supported codes, and there is no obvious way to add custom BB code.