Gen III Event Contribution Thread

Sorry. Cleaned the mess in the first post...
Not perfect, but should do it for now. 

On 1/18/2017 at 10:54 AM, Sabresite said:

PCNY Wish Egg Pokemon came in WC3 format?

Indeed.
This has been confirmed many times.
One indicator is the PID Type that indicates that the Eggs were generated ingame...
(You should know it! It's Uncommon GBA Type... A-B-D-E...)

But also it was confirmed ironically because of a story I heared from someone else.
It was about how GoldUrsaring was able to receive so many Eggs. The story is that he was able to do this by receiving an Egg WC, picking up the Egg ingame and then tossing the WC. He then he repeated this over and over...

I also confirmed not too long ago how he was able to do that. It's because when you toss an Egg Present Wonder Card, the flag gets erased as well.
As you can see in @suloku's post the whole "checkflag", "setflag" process is part of the Script that's downloaded.
The flag is actually set right between Wonder Card and the Mystery Gift Script.
And when you toss a Wonder Card almost that entire section gets cleared. (Except a few Bytes here and there...) 
But the same thing doesn't happens when you just download another WC. So you have to toss it before you download another one.

Edited by ajxpk

5 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

So the last question is, were there region restrictions on these WCs? Gold Ursaring has a japanese wish farfetch'd egg.

You said it's name was Japanese, right? But it's un-hatched. So I really have no idea what you're trying to say. I have all the gen 3 carts in English, Japanese : Ruby in French and RSE in Spanish. I can easily trade the eggs between languages and as I said before, the name of the egg should change language if I remember correctly. Wouldn't it follow that the name of the Pokemon inside would just be based off the language of the game?

I took English eggs from Pokemon Box and traded them over to a Japanese save to hatch them because I was too lazy to boot up my Japanese copy of Pokemon Box. They hatched Japanese. 

If that's not what he did/what you're asking about then I really have no idea how else we would test this or know. 

Can someone confirm that trading an egg changes the name of the pokemon in gen 3? I don't remember this happening at all whether hatched or not.
Also the sav file is US/English.

I know GoldUrsaring used tools, so I suppose its possible it was injected.  Or, it is possible to receive the WC on a japanese game and it was traded to the US game.  I just was wondering if we knew whether or not WC's in gen 3 had region restrictions or not, thats all.

So, can you tell me what would be the difference of a Wish Chansey obtained from an official WC3 and from this one which I have just made? Any visible difference in the data of the Pokémon? I can't even see the event cards in-game, because I lost the wireless connector.

Sin título1.png

Sin título2.png

PD: If you want this unnoficial Wonder Card, created by me, PM me and I will send it to you :)

Edited by DannyFrozenVGC

4 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Can someone confirm that trading an egg changes the name of the pokemon in gen 3? I don't remember this happening at all whether hatched or not.
Also the sav file is US/English.

I know GoldUrsaring used tools, so I suppose its possible it was injected.  Or, it is possible to receive the WC on a japanese game and it was traded to the US game.  I just was wondering if we knew whether or not WC's in gen 3 had region restrictions or not, thats all.

I did try the recently released Aurora Ticket distro ROM with my Japanese Emerald, which didn't even detect the signal. I don't have a Japanese FR or LG to test, though.

19 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

I did try the recently released Aurora Ticket distro ROM with my Japanese Emerald, which didn't even detect the signal. I don't have a Japanese FR or LG to test, though.

It wouldn't work with a Japanese Emerald anyway since that ROM is specifically for FRLG, not Emerald.

They don't seem to be restricted by region exactly, but by language. I'm pretty sure European English games and US English games have the same rom, so region specific wondercards aren't blocked if received by an English game from the other region. I know Japanese games won't receive English wondercards, so likely the same case vice-versa, but I'm not 100% positive about other European languages. I don't think it works though. I couldn't cross distribute the Mimic e-Reader events from the German Debug Ruby to an English Ruby.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

It wouldn't work with a Japanese Emerald anyway since that ROM is specifically for FRLG, not Emerald.

They don't seem to be restricted by region exactly, but by language. I'm pretty sure European English games and US English games have the same rom, so region specific wondercards aren't blocked if received by an English game from the other region. I know Japanese games won't receive English wondercards, so likely the same case vice-versa, but I'm not 100% positive about other European languages. I don't think it works though. I couldn't cross distribute the Mimic e-Reader events from the German Debug Ruby to an English Ruby.

Yeah, but I'm thinking Japanese FRLG would ignore the English distro as well.

Just now, Invader TAK said:

Yeah, but I'm thinking Japanese FRLG would ignore the English distro as well.

That's what I'm saying, Japanese games don't receive English wondercards. At least from what we can test with the Aurora Ticket, so it's probably always the case.

• Like 1

I already said it in public before I guess.
Japanese and International Wonder Cards are NOT compatible with each other.
The Mystery Gift function is looking for some specific data for a checksum validation and it then checks if the 2 checksums are correct.
If either of these Checksums is wrong it becomes a bad result and the Mystery Gift function ends.
Logically the Japanese Mystery Gift function computes the checksum using different Offsets and with less Data as needed in the International versions, so the result would be always false... You would not be able to recognize this, because no Error Message pops up.
The Game wouldn't be able to recognize that it's a legit Wonder Card and return as it is a bad result.
Visually it appears like there is no Wonder Card at all. So you won't even recognize that there's a Wonder Card on your save file.
(I would personally not recommend to do it, because of the mess... even tho it should be cleaned up when you download another one... it shouldn't do any harm but I personally like to keep my save files clean...) 

Now the Egg question. Hen or Egg? What comes first? lol

I think it's more efficient when we take a look at the HEX data.
There is something I haven't talked about yet and maybe we can solve this together.
Something really strange! Let's take a look at Bulbapedia...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_III#Language

Hex    Language
0x0201 Japanese
0x0202 English
0x0203 French
0x0204 Italian
0x0205 German
0x0206 Korean
0x0207 Spanish

But the strange thing is...
All the Japanese Event Eggs I have checked so far have this Hex Value...

0x0601

Could this be an undocumented language code that's being used only for Eggs?
I don't know if this is the case normally and if it's the case with Wish Eggs too, so I think we might check other Eggs too.
Also including the Egg you're talking about @Sabresite.

Edited by ajxpk

16 hours ago, DannyFrozenVGC said:

So, can you tell me what would be the difference of a Wish Chansey obtained from an official WC3 and from this one which I have just made? Any visible difference in the data of the Pokémon? I can't even see the event cards in-game, because I lost the wireless connector.

Sin título1.png

Sin título2.png

PD: If you want this unnoficial Wonder Card, created by me, PM me and I will send it to you :)

Please could somebody answer me? Are there any visual differences in the Hex if the egg is received in a Fake Wondercard?

1 hour ago, DannyFrozenVGC said:

Please could somebody answer me? Are there any visual differences in the Hex if the egg is received in a Fake Wondercard?

If all of the data of the pokemon matches, then no. Without using your WC and comparing, I can't tell you offhand.

4 hours ago, ajxpk said:

The Mystery Gift function is looking for some specific data for a checksum validation and it then checks if the 2 checksums are correct.
If either of these Checksums is wrong it becomes a bad result and the Mystery Gift function ends.
Logically the Japanese Mystery Gift function computes the checksum using different Offsets and with less Data as needed in the International versions, so the result would be always false... You would not be able to recognize this, because no Error Message pops up.
The Game wouldn't be able to recognize that it's a legit Wonder Card and return as it is a bad result.
Visually it appears like there is no Wonder Card at all. So you won't even recognize that there's a Wonder Card on your save file.
(I would personally not recommend to do it, because of the mess... even tho it should be cleaned up when you download another one... it shouldn't do any harm but I personally like to keep my save files clean...) 

There is something I haven't talked about yet and maybe we can solve this together.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_III#Language

Hex    Language
0x0201 Japanese
0x0202 English
0x0203 French
0x0204 Italian
0x0205 German
0x0206 Korean
0x0207 Spanish

0x0601

I don't know if this is the case normally and if it's the case with Wish Eggs too, so I think we might check other Eggs too.

Tonight I'll grab the egg and check it's language.

17 hours ago, HaxAras said:

Well, it's not a wonder card but this is an English Duskull egg I moved over to a Japanese save and then opened in PKHex. Hopefully this helps in some way. It's the best I can do. 

Mono9.png

Interesting. The egg I have is on an English cart, and has no nickname flag.

• Like 1

@DannyFrozenVGC sorry I forgot to answer your question.
In fact it's like @Sabresite says, the Eggs will be legal.
They will match exactly with the Eggs that were actually distributed.
At least as long as the Pokemon and Moves you choose are correct.
However I would not recommend to spread customized WC3s...
Chances that we get one of the official ones are very low.
But @suloku's Tool gives you the opportunity to make your own ones for private use.

Edited by ajxpk

Thanks @ajxpk for clarifying the 3rd gen eggs. I see why I was confused about the eggs.  PkHex actually has a bug where it displays a Pokemon's name based on its language flag.  It is not set up to work with 3rd gen properly, no wonder I thought it was japanese.  I'll open the egg in another editor (since I don't have a 3rd gen game set up to test it in-game).  I don't think the actual hex is Japanese.

On 20/1/2017 at 6:02 AM, ajxpk said:

Hex    Language
0x0201 Japanese
0x0202 English
0x0203 French
0x0204 Italian
0x0205 German
0x0206 Korean
0x0207 Spanish

0x0601

See this: 

Thanks! I actually solved it.
Btw. it's not an special egg font.
"01" alone seems to be the language Flag for Japanese.
What "06" actually does is... It makes the Egg being displayed instead of the Nickname.
Which ensures that Eggs are always called in the right language.  
Also I can confirm now that all Eggs have the Japanese word for Egg "タマゴ" set as name.
Still glad to see that we're not the only one who discovered this.
That was actually the most confusing part for me about it. :D

Edited by ajxpk

On 20/1/2017 at 4:37 PM, DannyFrozenVGC said:

DannyFrozenVGC, you should be using the "normal" Givegg script (not the extended version). The extended version is something I modified myslef (same goes with the killscript version, wich is a way to receive a single egg without using the egg flag (if not, you could receive multiple eggs). I didn't know at the time tossing the WC resets the flag, but the killscript version is still useful for people without the wireless adapter so...

In any case: the non-extended givegg script that uses the rom flag is the script found in the rom, so that's the one that should be as close as possible to the original event (even though text most likely was a little different in the real event). And yes, the pokémon itself would be considered legit, since it is generated in-game, just like the original event, even though the means to obtain it aren't.