Importing Pokemon Moon Save into Pokemon Sun

JohnTravolski

So I imported a save file from my Pokémon Moon game into Pokémon Sun and everything is working perfectly so far. All of my Pokemon, my trainer's name, my location in-game, etc. all got transferred, but I also haven't made it very far into the game yet. I'm wondering, do you think that this will probably cause problems later down the line when I run into something that's version exclusive? Or are the save data formats identical for both Sun and Moon and then it's just files in the games themselves that are different so that the save data points to the same place where different files are located? I'm just wondering if the fact that I imported a save from Pokemon Moon into Pokemon Sun will have any implications.

Having transferred my Moon save into Sun I can tell you the saves do work with each version perfectly BUT the time lag feature in Moon is seemingly tied to the save and even if you use a Moon save in Sun the game will be nighttime when your 3DS clock is turned to the daylight hours. There's probably some sort of flag in the Sun/Moon saves that trigger this. Otherwise nothing else seems to be impacted.

Hi, how did you import the save file from Moon to Sun? Thank you ;)

You literally just copy it with a save manager (and delete the SecureValue if there is one, from my understanding). If you don't have homebrew or CFW, you're out of luck.

• 2 months later...