Gen 5: Remove ALL Battle Subway restrictions including Soul Dew, Item Clause, Species Clause, & more than 3 Pokemon

I didn't want to necro this thread but what I found might be useful information to anyone who plays on Battle Subway. Just so you know I've only tested this on Pokemon White 2, but this should in theory work on all other Gen 5 versions (note MeroMero's different narc locations for BW vs BW2).

If you follow that thread (and read the replies too), you will see that, for Black 2 and White 2, you have to use a Hex Editor on a\1\0\6 (in this case). In this case, I am using HxD so this next sentence will make sense if you're also using it: After changing all the sequences laid out in that thread, I changed the second "B0 0E" to "00 00". This can be found in Offset (h) row 000000B0 columns 0C and 0D.

After you change those 2 Hex values, recompile using PPRE beta 0.14 and try playing in Battle Subway :)

You will notice that Soul Dew is no longer banned and you can use the same pokemon multiple times, holding the same items, and you can even play with 4, 5 or even all 6 of the pokemon on your team. As far as I know, this removes every single restriction on Battle Subway, so you will not only be able to play with banned pokemon, but you can essentially... go all out with whatever haha.

Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...

Hi I know it's been four years but I've only recently started script editing. This works perfectly, however the banlist edit (including your suggestion)  does not work for the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) when I try to use Soul Dew Latios. I want to know if there's a workaround like the one you suggested. In the battle subway I can use anything so it really bothers me I couldn't remove all restrictions for PWT.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, RedFordWhite said:

Hi I know it's been four years but I've only recently started script editing. This works perfectly, however the banlist edit (including your suggestion)  does not work for the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) when I try to use Soul Dew Latios. I want to know if there's a workaround like the one you suggested. In the battle subway I can use anything so it really bothers me I couldn't remove all restrictions for PWT.  Thanks!

@RedFordWhite Hey! Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, but I was able to solve your conundrum just now if you're still interested! If you go back to the original thread: 

You'll see that MeroMero mentioned the files within a/1/0/6 for PWT (files 33, 34, 35, and 36). Now, these files are referring to actual .bin files that you get from decompressing the actual narc file (the file with no extension named "6"). This can be done with a program called "Tinke" which you can get from the release section of their github (click on "Assets" all the way at the bottom of version 0.9.0).

Open your game, go to the root directory and find a/1/0/6 (If you're on Black 2/White 2), click on the file and I think you click on "Unpack" which gives you a bunch of .bin files. Find bins 33-36, open them with the "Hexadecimal" button in Tinke and replace with 0's *almost* everything. I kept the first sequence of numbers in each of these files but pretty much everything from "C0 ....." onwards I replaced with 0's until the absolute very end of each file (make sure not to add any additional digits. Don't add any length to the files). My guess is that the Soul Dew and all the other junk is "hidden" amidst the 01's and 02's (just like it is in the Gen 6 games) which uniquely come after the species banning script MeroMero found. And since I'm too lazy to sift through what all of them mean it's just a lot easier to zero all of that out for your purposes :) Let me know if this method works for you! I just tested it and it appears it does exactly what you want. And if you Hex-edit the original 6 file within the Tinke program, you should be able to change the B0 0E I talked about and the other unbannings in Battle Subway (and hopefully Battle Institute as well?) will still work.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, isleep2late said:

@RedFordWhite Hey! Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, but I was able to solve your conundrum just now if you're still interested! If you go back to the original thread: 

You'll see that MeroMero mentioned the files within a/1/0/6 for PWT (files 33, 34, 35, and 36). Now, these files are referring to actual .bin files that you get from decompressing the actual narc file (the file with no extension named "6"). This can be done with a program called "Tinke" which you can get from the release section of their github (click on "Assets" all the way at the bottom of version 0.9.0).

Open your game, go to the root directory and find a/1/0/6 (If you're on Black 2/White 2), click on the file and I think you click on "Unpack" which gives you a bunch of .bin files. Find bins 33-36, open them with the "Hexadecimal" button in Tinke and replace with 0's *almost* everything. I kept the first sequence of numbers in each of these files but pretty much everything from "C0 ....." onwards I replaced with 0's until the absolute very end of each file (make sure not to add any additional digits. Don't add any length to the files). My guess is that the Soul Dew and all the other junk is "hidden" amidst the 01's and 02's (just like it is in the Gen 6 games) which uniquely come after the species banning script MeroMero found. And since I'm too lazy to sift through what all of them mean it's just a lot easier to zero all of that out for your purposes :) Let me know if this method works for you! I just tested it and it appears it does exactly what you want. And if you Hex-edit the original 6 file within the Tinke program, you should be able to change the B0 0E I talked about and the other unbannings in Battle Subway (and hopefully Battle Institute as well?) will still work.

It Doesn't work for me... :( 

I put almost zeros in the file 33, 34, 35 & 36 in my Black 2 Like this one:

File 33

Default Bytes

image.thumb.png.2f141ca3f2d847a508ee6021a42301bf.png

Edited with *almost* Zeros Bytes

image.thumb.png.3ac626f3672cdc47db2b1a4c1803844f.png

File 34

Default Bytes

image.thumb.png.d30e09c6d6480c5201ef37c75fc44ab7.png

image.thumb.png.d2814f4998551e0adf8c2ca4c60846e3.png

File 35

Default Bytes

image.thumb.png.15c6765a91287b992522086f3fdaf688.png

image.thumb.png.eb12e6f4486b2f865ec63a1f926cf6e3.png

File 36

Default Bytes

image.thumb.png.c9a6a4dce5363a91330a76a8d510d1ee.png

image.thumb.png.7b38ac8574cbbd094b05c7b3714f6f74.png

Then save my ROM this way, and I went to PWT and what happened is NOTHING WORKED.

I see my Legendary Pokémon as: Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Groudon, Kyogre, among others, and it turns out that they continue with the "BANNED" word.

Screenshot_2021-12-22-11-36-04-299_com.dsemu.drastic.thumb.jpg.218f969eb7702bc36b749b1625a9b98e.jpg

Also the steps of MeroMero are so strict that I can't even understand, like:

• Formula to find whether a Pokémon is banned or not is P=(8×B)+b with:
    •  
    • P (Pokémon) being a number between 0 and 649 included;
    •  
    • B being the Byte number, counting from 0;
    •  
    • b being the bit number from a given Byte, from 0 to 7 included read from right to left.

And also I found another method as you discovered the B0 0E for the Battle Subway (for Single Only), this time it is for the Battle Subway double, Multi and all PWT modes.

Battle Subway: Double - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.a196b71329c976f362735fc819539e52.png

Battle Subway: Multi - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.3d567fe4e10211068b3143d75dd1a593.png

PWT: Single - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.6f67cb24f4bfe1f154bb6502a268826a.png

PWT: Double - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.0c6767a7b9b966965485d80342e0a616.png

PWT: Triple - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.4b07042eab788cd5e0f4efa70e1ac5d3.png

PWT: Rotation - Turn this bytes to "00 00" to unban everthing.

image.thumb.png.2f77ce6322ff7ea0676ca2e06acfcb91.png

I know that I discovered that and the PWT has just progressed me that my Legendary Pokémon are already UNBANNED right now. BUT when selecting your team, I already know of whatever method you want as your Pokémon go, the game for some mysterious reason freezes and is left on the BLACK screen.

Screenshot_2021-12-22-11-56-33-619_com.dsemu.drastic.thumb.jpg.f29a2a1a05916c413d948b1408dbcbc1.jpg

Moment that loads the PWT game from the quarterfinals, but for no reason does the game to stay THIS WAY.

I only hope I have responded and notified you since your comment has passed 1 year... :(

Edited by Ricardo Ramirez