Colosseum - Shiny Ageto Celebi possibility?

mariosmentor

I've done some research regarding the Japanese event Celebi given away via Colosseum's bonus disc (in Japan), otherwise known as Ageto Celebi. Most of what I found was arguments over whether or not Ageto Celebi can be shiny. One person in particular claimed that he and his friend had done extensive research, and discovered Ageto Celebi can be shiny, albeit extremely unlikely, but apparently deleted their findings out of fear of a lawsuit. Honestly, it seems sketchy, but despite most people insisting that Ageto Celebi CANNOT be shiny, no one was able to provide the algorithm that proves this statement, as if they're just blindly believing what someone said. What I'm asking is, well, does anyone here have any solid evidence proving the possibility or impossibility of Ageto Celebi being shiny? If no algorithms or the like are brought to my attention, then I'll have no choice but to assume that a shiny Ageto Celebi is indeed viable.

wow I was wondering about the same thing these days.

The unique Celebi which is received on the Colosseum save file is shiny locked and un-RNGable. Info Here

Not sure what happens with the additional 48 Celebi which are sent to the main series games. People who've done research on this would have to comment on that. It is said that these 48 Celebis are RNGable on emulators.

While shiny locks in the main series were not implemented until Gen IV,

the post above linked how they tried to RNG for a Celebi, and could never get a shiny one.

Plus, being unable Poketransporter a Shiny Celebi proves that Nintendo/Game Freak did not intend to make Shiny Celebi available.

So unless there's concrete evidence to show that they screwed up, they're all treated as hacked.

(Even for the Legit WISHMAKR Jirachi was a screwup on their part, and they did not accept it until and Gen VI event distributed a Shiny Jirachi)

• 2 months later...