Bug about old gens and nicknaming. (Using foreign version of games)

Vladcik

Hi !

Since a few weeks, i've decided to re-do ALL the Pokemon Games, and use (if possible) a universal storage for each game. (that's why i made the suggestion for a different Pkmn database)

i've discovered a little bug that is not so important, but anyway, it's always better to report it. For any pokemon from gen 1 to 5, PKHeX thinks the Pokemon have a nickname. Even if it's not the case. I'm playing Pokemon Pearl right now, and I have a Haunter. I wanted to evolve it via PKHeX (don't have all my DS right now so), and when editing to Gengar it's keeping the "SPECTRUM" (french's Haunter) name. Easy to fix I know, but jsut a proof that every Pokemon caught as flag as nicknamed, but it's not the case.

Using PokeGen (for exemple) shows that the Pokemon doesn't have any nickname, so it's normal.

Thanks o/

Hi !

Since a few weeks, i've decided to re-do ALL the Pokemon Games, and use (if possible) a universal storage for each game. (that's why i made the suggestion for a different Pkmn database)

i've discovered a little bug that is not so important, but anyway, it's always better to report it. For any pokemon from gen 1 to 5, PKHeX thinks the Pokemon have a nickname. Even if it's not the case. I'm playing Pokemon Pearl right now, and I have a Haunter. I wanted to evolve it via PKHeX (don't have all my DS right now so), and when editing to Gengar it's keeping the "SPECTRUM" (french's Haunter) name. Easy to fix I know, but jsut a proof that every Pokemon caught as flag as nicknamed, but it's not the case.

Using PokeGen (for exemple) shows that the Pokemon doesn't have any nickname, so it's normal.

Thanks o/

I see this same bus but only on the Pokemon's that I accidentally pressed "yes" when asked if I wanted to nickname it. PKHex shows the nickname box ticked and the name on caps.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO X using Tapatalk

Oh maybe yes ! I've the (bad) reflex of always saying "yes" when they want a nickname X_X

Edit : it's not the problem. Just hatched my Riolu. Didn't press "yes" for the nickname, and still flagged as Nicknamed on PKHeX

Edited by Vladcik