Gen 3 PID generation for Unown

javier_himura

I have found how PID-IV generation is done in gen 3 and 4 games but what i cant found its any infor for the method that GBA games used to generate Unown.

The different between Unown and any other pokemon in gen 3 is that the forms of unown depend of the room where you catch it in FR/LG and the form in gen 3 its extracted from the PID.

How its generated the PID-IV relation for Unown in GBA? Is just for curiosity but i will like to know how was done.

I tried to search about this but google only give generic PID-IV data or just results containing the word "unknown" insted of unown

Some work has been done to extract other 'niche' formulae from the game such as that used to calculate the size of a Heracross or Barboach when talking to an NPC. Or the safari bait/rock formulae in generation 1 for example have also been discovered.

It would be interesting to see if there is a different algorithm used, however I would guess that subsequent calls would be made to the standard one until a matching letter unown was found. One way without looking at the recompiled code would be to check the PID and IVs of a freshly caught unown against the frames nearby of other Pokemon whose method is known.