Transferring pokemon from Gen4 rom to Gen5 rom?

Spectre7

Hello, I'm new here and hope I opened this in the right section. I've been playing through FR, Platinum, and am currently finishing SS. (ALL ROMS on Desmume). I plan on getting a 3DS XL to play X/Y, ORAS, and Sun when it releases.

I'm trying to transfer my pokemon from ROMs, eventually to a X/Y Cart.

Platinum / Soulsilver ROM > Black ROM > Black 2 ROM >>Moving to 3DS>> Flashcart to Black 2 Cart

All my pokemon are legit. I understand I need a actual Gen 5 cart to transfer to anything beyond.

1. How do I transfer my P/SS ROM pokemon, to a Black ROM?

2. How would I transfer my Black ROM pokemon to a Black 2 ROM?

This is all on Desmume.

3. (not important) I've tried opening two pokegens and dragging my P poke's to SS, but when I save in Pokegen, it creates a SS.dsv.bak and a blank SS.dsv. When I remove the .bak and load it the changes aren't there.

Download the last PKHex, then open two instances, one with your SS save, and another with your Black or Black 2 save, then just drag and drop the Pokémon from one instance to another, the software will do the trick just like you are Poke Trasfering, don't forget to save the changes.

It worked, thanks! Is there a way in PKHeX to automatically fix PP values and things alike automatically, or do I need to do it manually in the Attacks tab for each pokemon? One of the transfers shows 30/15 PP Nightmare for example.

It worked, thanks! Is there a way in PKHeX to automatically fix PP values and things alike automatically, or do I need to do it manually in the Attacks tab for each pokemon? One of the transfers shows 30/15 PP Nightmare for example.

Can you post a screenshot? I'll open an issue in the GitHub page of PKHeX.

Might not have permissions to post images here yet, here is a link. http://i.imgur.com/0UlGYOU.png I didn't do any fiddling in Pkhex, just dragged from one pkhex(platinum) to the other pkhex(white) > saved the pkm.> exported as main > loaded the save.

edit- I used a different method when trying to find out the issue.

Dumped boxes > converted pk4 to pk5 using pk2pk > loaded boxes.

Everything looks okay. Thanks again for the help though!

Edited by Spectre7

I think pk2pk is outdated, anyway Kaphotics fix the bug in PKHeX, thanks for your report! If you want to use it, u need to compile or wait the next release.

About pk2pk I test it using for for pal park pokemons and look at hex editor comparing with legit pal parked, there are differences in the hex code, wich PKHeX doesn't have.