D/P/Pt File System

Browsing the PP wiki, I noticed that there's pages dedicated to the save file structure of all the NDS Pokemon games, as well as an explanation of the file system for all of HG, SS, B, W, B2, and W2. File system pages are also available for X, Y, OR, and AS. However, I didn't see any pages regarding the D/P/Pt file system. If anyone knows a lot about it, could they perhaps create a page for it, or at least provide me with a run-down of files the can be and are worth editing?

Thanks,

~wundr

I've been wondering about this too. Any help would be much appreciated, for some reason more in-depth information on older gens is scarce despite having been out long enough to research everything twice.

From what I can tell it seems everyone just gave up after Pokegen was created and never thought to crack the games open more.

• 2 months later...

I recently went through and made a new file list for HG/SS because the existing file list that you mentioned sucked. Mostly, it only listed files that were the same as the ones in D/P/Pt, with some extra data. But they hadn't been updated in nearly four years. I opened up Tinke and looked at every file in HG/SS and wrote down what was in it. I went back and rechecked files I didn't recognize, and I ran a few of them past a hacker in Discord.

Gen IV is woefully short on research. I recently have been doing a ton because I want to see more out of this generation. I've recently written that file list, a tutorial on graphic hacking, two on encounter data, with a third in the works, and I'm working on a comprehensive mapping guide.

This is what the new HG/SS file list looks like. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374965

There isn't a list like this for D/P/Pt because no one has done this research. I would do this, but I haven't played D/P/Pt enough to know what half of the graphics actually are. Someone needs to go through the files like I did and write it down. You should take one for the team and do it.