[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Oops my bad forget my post ahah X_X

Found another little bug : There's some problem with money. For exemple in your saves aviable to download, I think the Ruby one (not sure, can't remember) has something like 3,000,000,000$ that not really possible haha ! (Not saying it's hack or anything, i don't care), but just this can be a problem if the max money is 999,999$ You could store all this money to take advantage of this.

I've found this bug in a few of the saves i've downloaded o/

There are like thousands of versions of the special wallpaper, so unless we know exactly how they work in the save file, it could be -very- difficult to implement them.

Just saying that it isn't as simple as all the other default wallpapers which are hardcoded into the rom, we know exactly how they look, so we can easily just get .pngs or something.

The Special (Friends) wallpaper is in the save file somewhere, and there are thousands of different combinations possible.

Edit: Clarification, the assets are stored in the rom, but the save file contains the info about which wallpaper style is used, which icon style, which background color, which foreground color, which icon color.

If you need, I can get an Emerald save file and get to Rustboro City, then make various save files that are all identical, except they all have different special wallpapers. If needed I'll make one for each wallpaper background and icon so that we know which values are associated with which ones (the colors are likely just color values, probably shouldnt have to make thousands of save files for that.)

That is, unless the infi about the special wallpaper is already out there somewhere.

There are like thousands of versions of the special wallpaper, so unless we know exactly how they work in the save file, it could be -very- difficult to implement them.

Just saying that it isn't as simple as all the other default wallpapers which are hardcoded into the rom, we know exactly how they look, so we can easily just get .pngs or something.

The Special (Friends) wallpaper is in the save file somewhere, and there are thousands of different combinations possible.

Edit: Clarification, the assets are stored in the rom, but the save file contains the info about which wallpaper style is used, which icon style, which background color, which foreground color, which icon color.

If you need, I can get an Emerald save file and get to Rustboro City, then make various save files that are all identical, except they all have different special wallpapers. If needed I'll make one for each wallpaper background and icon so that we know which values are associated with which ones (the colors are likely just color values, probably shouldnt have to make thousands of save files for that.)

That is, unless the infi about the special wallpaper is already out there somewhere.

Thanks but I've got it covered. :)

I'm gonna use this to generate a wallappers and then try and search for the color codes in the save file.

However even if I know where the values are stored. I'm more likley to implement Spinda's spots before I implement a single wallpaper. :P

An other one, more important. Sometimes, the save is not recognized by Trigger's PC : https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48285-Gen-III-My-Fire-Red-Save-File-(All-386-Shiny-Battle-Ready-Smogon-movesets-Events-etc-)

For exemple with this save, when I want to add it to Trigger's PC it asks me if it's a Ruby or Sapphire save :

e6680cd949.png

I've checked with playing, nothing changes (and ok the save is really cheated etc but i just want to check everything

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about that save. I have to rely on the game code to determine the game type and that save pays no regard to what the game code should be in the save file.

Oh it's okay, it's not a save i'll use or anything, it's just that i wanted to report any weird thing i could find :3

I'll continue later tonight, but it's okay if nothing can be done for THIS specific save

Thanks o/

I've thought about hacking them in, in the past. I never used Action Replay for it in Emerald because it always messed up my items. I'd only see myself using it for fossils and if I really wanted to, I'd just use a save editor to 1 of each of the fossil Pokemon at the set level.

Hey HaxAras. Just a heads up the newest Pokemon Box Test version is up. No need to rush into testing it since you've already done so much for me. :)

Also make sure you read the latest changelog. There were some issues with Loading Pokemon Box previously and some of the Pokemon might have minor or major flaws in them because of it. The new Non-testers version fixes this as well.

Hey o/ ! i'm back o/ !

Well, i've started to store items on the PC and just a suggestion that could be cool with Shiny icon is the possibility to store ALL items at once.

For exemple Ctrl + A (or Ctrl or anything like that) is working, so we could send all items at once on the PC (would be much faster)

For bugs, except roms that are not recognized (i think cheated) like the one of my screenshot, everything seems to work, i'll edit if i see anything o/

Thanks and sorry for annyoing you T_T

trigger_death said:
Hey HaxAras. Just a heads up the newest Pokemon Box Test version is up. No need to rush into testing it since you've already done so much for me. :)

Also make sure you read the latest changelog. There were some issues with Loading Pokemon Box previously and some of the Pokemon might have minor or major flaws in them because of it. The new Non-testers version fixes this as well.

I noticed one my my PCNY Tropius had a screwed up name. I downloaded the Pokemon Box save from the internet somewhere about a year ago. So I have to actually load it up on the actual game. Hopefully that's where the messed up name came from.

I'll probably get to it in a couple hours at the time of typing this. My brother went off to the mountains with the last of my rum so I have nothing else to do after I take a shower. I need to test the unmodified Pokemon Box save anyway.

Edited by HaxAras

Hey o/ ! i'm back o/ !

Well, i've started to store items on the PC and just a suggestion that could be cool with Shiny icon is the possibility to store ALL items at once.

For exemple Ctrl + A (or Ctrl or anything like that) is working, so we could send all items at once on the PC (would be much faster)

For bugs, except roms that are not recognized (i think cheated) like the one of my screenshot, everything seems to work, i'll edit if i see anything o/

Thanks and sorry for annyoing you T_T

You're certainly not annoying me. Thank you very much for the help in making Trigger's PC better.

And for the items multi selection is on the todo list. :)

Other than my English Emerald being detected as Ruby/Sapphire and some random Unhandled Exceptions (which appear to be fixed after redownloading), program's working fine.

Would you mind sharing that save with me so I can inspect it. This is probably caused by the game code being zero. Have you ever used an editor on your save beforehand? If so it's possible it may have set the security key to zero which is in place of the game code that is normally on Ruby and Sapphire. (The game code for Ruby and Sapphire is zero). If this problem becomes more wide spread I can create a force game type option to help avoid it.

trigger_death said:
Would you mind sharing that save with me so I can inspect it. This is probably caused by the game code being zero. Have you ever used an editor on your save beforehand? If so it's possible it may have set the security key to zero which is in place of the game code that is normally on Ruby and Sapphire. (The game code for Ruby and Sapphire is zero). If this problem becomes more wide spread I can create a force game type option to help avoid it.

I had the same problem with an Emerald version. I just told the program it was Ruby and it worked fine after that.

Edited by HaxAras

I didn't edit anything in it. I backed it up directly from the cart. Here's the save: [ATTACH]13373[/ATTACH]

I had the same problem with an Emerald version. I just told the program it was Ruby and it worked fine after that.

All that does for me is throw up an Unhandled Exception.

Invader TAK said:
I didn't edit anything in it. I backed it up directly from the cart. Here's the save: [ATTACH]13373[/ATTACH]

I see what you mean. As soon as I opened it, I got the error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.DecorationViewerTab.OnAddListViewItem(Object sender, DecorationPocketEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Items.DecorationPocket.OnAddListViewItem(DecorationPocketEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Items.DecorationPocket.RepopulateListView()

at PokemonManager.Windows.DecorationViewerTab.LoadPocket(DecorationPocket pocket)

at PokemonManager.Windows.DecorationInventoryViewer.TryAddContainer(DecorationTypes decorationType)

at PokemonManager.Windows.DecorationInventoryViewer.LoadInventory(Inventory inventory)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.LoadGame(Int32 gameIndex)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.OnGameSelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedInfos, List`1 selectedInfos)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(ItemInfo info, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.NotifyComboBoxItemMouseUp(ComboBoxItem comboBoxItem)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBoxItem.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edited by HaxAras

I had the same problem (well cf screenshot) with one / two saves downoladed.

Now i've a problem with one of my OWN save. It's a save from a randomizer, and I used A-save a lot of time not for editing but more for iv / ev checking.

The Pokemon loads very well, but the money + item is really bugguy.

I've no items and 240 485 063$ (well i've famed a LOT it could be real haha but the max is 999 999$ so nop)

I've no idea of what could happen because everything else works fine (Pokemon, Time played, coins etc).

Thanks o/

Moved Pokemon from a copy of a Pokemon Box save to a Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald save. All the OT's are fine and as far as I know, that's all that got messed up last time.

I moved the Twitch Plays Pokemon, Pokemon to Pokemon Box and I'll be writing the save now to see if it works. Video will be posted or edited in.

Edit: I'm a moron for using a Twitch save. Half the Pokemon don't have abilities.

Pokemon Box seems to be saving alright, as far as I can tell.

Edited by HaxAras

I had the same problem (well cf screenshot) with one / two saves downoladed.

Now i've a problem with one of my OWN save. It's a save from a randomizer, and I used A-save a lot of time not for editing but more for iv / ev checking.

The Pokemon loads very well, but the money + item is really bugguy.

I've no items and 240 485 063$ (well i've famed a LOT it could be real haha but the max is 999 999$ so nop)

I've no idea of what could happen because everything else works fine (Pokemon, Time played, coins etc).

Thanks o/

Seeing that even more than one person is having an issue with this I'll definitely work on a fix right away. Instead you'll be able to select from all 5 GBA games when selecting the game type.

trigger_death said:
As in with playing it in game?

I imported all those Twitch Plays Pokemon, Pokemon and they all saved on Box. I loaded the save up on actual hardware and couldn't find any obvious flaws. All the Pokemon missing abilities were already missing them in the Twitch save.

The only flaw I noticed before was one of my PCNY Tropius' OT got messed up. Along with all those other problems shown in the saves and screenshots I posted/sent you. But those seem to have been fixed so bravo and thanks for all the hard work.

I'll be careful and observant in the future when using your tool with box and report back any findings.

Invader TAK said:

I opened your save in A-save and the items are really messed up. I saw a lot of "None x99" and every time I'd try to open it in Triggers Tool, it would say that you had an insane amount of money. Even after I repeatedly edited it and set it to 0. I wonder if it's because Action Replay/Gameshark or some other cheats were used.

Edited by HaxAras

Yep i really thing it's about Action Replay thing... it's really a pain and corrupt easily the 3rd Gen games :/ !

I've a new suggestion haha X_X

Is it possible to add a listing thing like in Pokemon Reader ?

Thanks O/

The only flaw I noticed before was one of my PCNY Tropius' OT got messed up. Along with all those other problems shown in the saves and screenshots I posted/sent you. But those seem to have been fixed so bravo and thanks for all the hard work.

That's incredible! This means all Gen 3 support will soon be official! Oh man I'm excited about this, thank you so much! :D

I've a new suggestion haha X_X

Is it possible to add a listing thing like in Pokemon Reader ?

Could you elaborate? I've never heard of Pokemon Reader and I'm not sure what you mean by listing.

I'm sorry but i can't find any english link... Everything is french.

It's an awesome tool that can read your save...

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/Brasounette/pokemonreader2-Copie.png

Here's a screenshot of that if this reminds you something...

And it's a table with everything like in Pokémon box listing ! (just found the exemple)

Stats / EV / IV etc

you can order by name, shiny or not etc and after you can click on it to find his location ! (well at least, it works like that for pokemon reader)

I'm sorry but i can't find any english link... Everything is french.

It's an awesome tool that can read your save...

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/Brasounette/pokemonreader2-Copie.png

Here's a screenshot of that if this reminds you something...

And it's a table with everything like in Pokémon box listing ! (just found the exemple)

Stats / EV / IV etc

you can order by name, shiny or not etc and after you can click on it to find his location ! (well at least, it works like that for pokemon reader)

Ah yes I've gotten plenty of requests for sorting searching etc. I'll be doing that later in development. :)