Replacing Sprites on Shoddy Battle

wraith89, some of the sprites (Such as Swampert) have incorrect outlining, like red Swampert Head fins with Blue outlining. Or is it supposed to be that way? From all the spriting I've done before, I don't think so.

I merely replaced the colors for those Pokemon via color by color method... so apparently it seems that way (unless I messed up someplace).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o_o

They're really nice (especially Umbreon)... although Scizor looks like he got splattered by wet paint :D

By the way, how did you fix the problem?

I just unchecked the save background color on gimp.I didn't click "save as" before so I couldn't see the option.

And thanks ^_^. Yeah I know about Scizor. But well , whatever, I am only a beginner.

Updated first post to a link for HGSS front sprites. Get them if you want.

But since you are ALL too lazy for that here you go >.>

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmz2adjfztt

Credits to Numbuh214 for all the sprites.

EDIT: Fail... fweavile and fcrobat seems to show a sprite of Sneasel and Golbat respectively... just do not copy those two. I will see if there are others like that.

Edited by wraith89

• 2 weeks later...

Crobat is easily corrected by making a copy of frontnormal/mcrobat since male and female Crobat have no difference in appearance. Male and female Weavile do differ though; the male has longer ear feathers.

I don't know if I'm technically allowed to do this (if I'm not, let me know), but I got Weavile's female sprite from Bulbapedia. The problem though was that it was 80*80 pixels, which is Bulbapedia's standard. It needed to be reduced to 56*61. So, I opened up Photoshop and decided that I would just throw this sprite on top of frontshiny/fweavile only to find that this Weavile was actually wrong too; it was male.

For your convenience, here are the three you need to change. If I change the URLs for these and forget to update this post, PM me and I'll resolve it.

fcrobat.pngfweavile.pngfweavile_shiny.png

(The last one is named "fweavile_shiny". Delete the "_shiny" before putting it where it belongs)

Enjoy. Also, if any other incorrect sprites are discovered, send me a PM and I'll get around to making fixes for them.

Edited by Psycho K

• 1 month later...

LOL skunk Linoone. wait, since we can change the sprite of pokemon, can we change them to ANYTHING? im not talkin about color, im talking about, like changing Infernape to mario and stuff like that. Also, how can we get the sprites on platinum? im dying to change sprites.

If you want to change sprites in your Platinum game, the only way you can do that is through ROM hacking (via hex editors and whatnot, GBA games use lz-GBA and stuff), and even then it will not modify your cartridge directly. Sorry :(

This is for the simulator Shoddy Battle, which you can replace it with, yes, ANYTHING, even a picture of yourself or your favorite movie star. I don't care :/

But you can use them for whatever purposes you want since they are only recolors...

Mewtwo I will make one in a bit... but I have an essay to finish U_U

LOL skunk linoone, anyways, can we change the sprites by noy only color, but by character, like changing Blaziken to mario. just wondering. also, how do i put the changed sprites onto my platinum game? :kikkoman:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

OH really, only onto shoody battles? :eek: awww thats makes me feel bad. Oh well, at least i can do it on shoody battles. but it would be pretty cool if we can do it on the game though, uhhh, hopefully it will be possible in the future... :frown:

This sprite of Latias is from some Japanese site (I forgot the link but if I find it again I will reference it) but she may look rather cute on your Shoddy :)

I also added a Latios colored Latias. I did not do a shiny Latios colored Latias, but I may do that soon...

Also, I added the Haunter sprite from that website. It looks cool in my opinion.

flatias.png

shinyflatias.png

flatias1.png

fhaunter.png

mhaunter.png

flatias.png.a96250d0559662a2ef8aab9d06ee

shinyflatias.png.d29fbbe0a189c55bc700c54

flatias1.png.c08a7a08d00fb0e1f06e2c0bcda

fhaunter.png.00d917f71dbfcd23b104e0be812

mhaunter.png.ef69ad840af97da3c0cd1d36613

This sprite of Latias is from some Japanese site (I forgot the link but if I find it again I will reference it) but she may look rather cute on your Shoddy :)

I also added a Latios colored Latias. I did not do a shiny Latios colored Latias, but I may do that soon...

Also, I added the Haunter sprite from that website. It looks cool in my opinion.

Looks great. The Haunter one i mean. I think i did a drawing of him like that. Can you find a 150 in that site?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the site you're referring to is Pokésho. Here's a link to the sprite section for anyone interested. Some of the older sprites are GBA-style, and/or have a different style of shading.

I think the site you're referring to is Pokésho. Here's a link to the sprite section for anyone interested. Some of the older sprites are GBA-style, and/or have a different style of shading.

Yes. It is that website. And some of them do use GBA-style. At least in Shoddy you do not have to Index sprites or whatnot. But thanks for the link. I will be sure to reference them in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey if it is not too late i would also like to make a request if its not too much of an issue..

Salamence - Goldish-Yellow and White like the layout of shiny latias and a green/white version.

Rotom-h - Yellow like Rotom-s

Milotic - Blue like color like Suicune

Flygon - 1. Goldish-Yellow like Latias AND 2. Dark Shadow color

Tyranitar - Dark Shadow color like SilentFox's Porygon evolutions

Toxicroak - Gold/Yellow

Slowbro - Shiny Suicune Blue

Please id really really appreciate it!

ohh and an infernape but like instead of brown more orange fire color :)

Edited by lordhmm975