Pokemon Colosseum Unreleased English e-Card Pokemon (All Languages Available Now)

Zerbe92

I'd previously only shared these with my best friend and intended to keep my original set to myself. But in the spirit of sharing (and research) and because of what @Zerbe92 has done, I'm sharing my English set as well. The Japanese ones have already been posted elsewhere but I thought I'd include them. (Missing but shared elsewhere are trigger_death's English E-reader mons.)

Cheers!

E-reader HaxAras-Aras English and Japanese.7z

1 minute ago, Sabresite said:

Thank you guys!  I was trying to remember if I read something about e-reader in other languages (german, etc)? Is this a thing? And do we know of copies of them anywhere?

Zerbe92 was able to get them in every language. I purchased a Spanish copy of Colosseum and was told PAL copies could be loaded in any language. I intend to test that out. If that's the case, you'll have at least 2 sets in every language.

Has anybody done any research into RNG manipulation on these Pokemon? I'd love to work together to get each of us a set of shinnies. 

• 1 year later...

I know it's been a long time since this thread was active. @Zerbe92 Would you be willing to upload scans of both sides those cards, and packs? For posterity of the images, not for a working dot code. If scans don't work than at least photos. I've also sent you a PM with more explanation, and in case you don't check this thread. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@namity

As it's been a few months, I'm not sure if you've gotten an answer yet, but if you haven't, I've got one. The e-Reader + was only released in Japanese, so if you find it, it will always be in said language. I used Dolphin and VBA M for the whole process; the rom is online. Hope this helps.

Also, thank you to everyone who discovered this and posted about it...my brother and I have long wondered about accessing the Card e Room in Colosseum, and we're glad to finally do it!

Edited by AVHGPtWS

• 1 year later...

Hoping this is ok to post on a thread that hasn't been touched in a couple of years...

I joined up just to say thanks for the amazing work you guys have done on this. Thanks to your hard work I have 3 freshly purified English language e-reader pokemon in 2020 that I never thought I'd be able to get.

I did have an idea that I unfortunately don't have the knowhow to implement, but here it is anyway:

Using the action replay codes here (https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2023) it's possible to replace trainer battles using their associated code, ie replacing "trainer xxxx" with "trainer yyyy"

Trainer Battle Replacer [Ralf]
04004300 2803xxxx
04004304 40820008
04004308 3860yyyy
0400430C 5460043F
04004310 4820E238
04212544 4BDF1DBC

Is it possible to find the code for the 3 e-reader shadow pokemon trainers so the battles could be accessed with nothing more than an action replay or emulator? Am I right in thinking that they would be in the game somewhere already as the e-reader code itself surely isn't big enough to contain all the trainer/pokemon data.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 7:35 AM, Mekanor said:

Hoping this is ok to post on a thread that hasn't been touched in a couple of years...

I joined up just to say thanks for the amazing work you guys have done on this. Thanks to your hard work I have 3 freshly purified English language e-reader pokemon in 2020 that I never thought I'd be able to get.

I did have an idea that I unfortunately don't have the knowhow to implement, but here it is anyway:

Using the action replay codes here (https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2023) it's possible to replace trainer battles using their associated code, ie replacing "trainer xxxx" with "trainer yyyy"

Trainer Battle Replacer [Ralf]
04004300 2803xxxx
04004304 40820008
04004308 3860yyyy
0400430C 5460043F
04004310 4820E238
04212544 4BDF1DBC

Is it possible to find the code for the 3 e-reader shadow pokemon trainers so the battles could be accessed with nothing more than an action replay or emulator? Am I right in thinking that they would be in the game somewhere already as the e-reader code itself surely isn't big enough to contain all the trainer/pokemon data.

Not possible. Theses trainer isnt in game code. Only e-cards :(

Edited by XD_Lele

Hi! I got 100% sav e file colosseum. All legal pokemon and itens. All colosseums are beaten. Save in e-reader room. 

All that remains is to catch the 3 shadows e-cards so that the save appears 51 snagged. Could someone do this for me please. I tried  with dolphin and vba-m, but no good. We can talk about, just contact me. Thanks a lot

01-GC6E-pokemon_colosseum.gci

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Like all of you, I was looking for a way to enable the Japan-exclusive shadow Pokémon trainers into my PAL/NTSC-U games.

Thanks to javier_himura's efforts 4 years ago, I was able to create WiiRD/Gecko and Action Replay cheat codes that will inject the e-card data into Pokémon Colosseum.
It is not possible to include this feature into a save file editor because the shadow trainer data is located at 1 specific location and will overwrite the data of any previous trainer.

You can find the cheat codes and instructions at the following links:
WiiRD/Gecko cheat codes for NTSC-U games
WiiRD/Gecko cheat codes for PAL games

Action Replay cheat codes for NTSC-U games
Action Replay cheat codes for PAL games

Enjoy!

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
On 7/26/2016 at 6:53 PM, javier_himura said:

As i said the PAL version of Pokemon Colloseum does not work with the e-reader in Dolphin but the JP version works. I dont know it doesnt working with the PAL game is an error with dolphin or just e-reader works with the american version but not with the european one.

BUT it is possible to have an unreleased pokemon with PAL version using just Dolphin and VBA. I explain what i did

First, change the region of your savegame to JP, to do that open the gci save file with an hex editor and change the first 4 bytes. In PAL the first bytes is GC6P and USA savefile will have GC6U or maybe GC6E, we need GC6J for JP version. Just like that, nothing more. The save banner will be the wrong one but doesn't matter, the game doesn't care about the banner.

Now open again the save file with PkmGCSaveEditor and change the region and language in Game Configuration to NTSC-J and Japanesse or else the game will not works.

Inject the gci file into the memory card raw for japanesse games with the memory card tool included with dolphin and then press the option "Fix Checksum".

Load the japanesse ISO, remember to do not have the GBA pluged into controller port B or else the controller will not works. You just need to load the game and then select GBA in port B controller options.

Load the e-reader+ rom in VBA. I use myself the version VisualBoyAdvance-M-SVN-r1507, that version have options to load e-reader raw dotcodes. In VBA select link connection with Dolphin and connect.

In the Gamecube load your savefile a go to the e-reader room in Phenac Stadium. In VBA select GameCube connection and then in Gamecube talk to the woman at the left and select the first option, a program will be loaded into the GBA. This is the point where the PAL game does not works, it wont connect with VBA, but the japanesse game will.

You can now make a savestate in VBA and use it always to connect to GC, that way wont be necesary to do the process of download the program to the GBA anymore. But do not try to make savestates in Dolphin, i did it and then Dolphin could not save the files in its memory card. You will need to play in Dolphin without savestates, using only normal save files.

Ok, now the e-reader part. In VBA select load e-reader dot code and load one of the Colloseum cards, for example the first card, A1. It wont do nothing, is normal. Then go to elevator in GC and enter. It will launch a japanesse menu with a list (still empty) of e-reader trainers, here if you press A it will load the last card readed in VBA, in this case the fist trainer, and inmediatly the fight will begin.

After beating the first trainer, you will return to the e-reader menu. If you press A again it will tell you that you need to read the next cards of the series. Go to VBA an load another card, for example the card A2. Another fight will begin. You can read the card in VBA whanever anytime, the GC will read the last card loaded when you press A in the e-trainers menu. You can read the cards in any order, you can a card of a defeated trainer and it will starts a fight with more levels until you beat him in 3 difficulties.

If you leave the e-trainers menu you will need to talk again to the left woman to check the connection with the VBA, thats way is impossible to fight the trainers without e-reader using a save editor, the game will check the connection with GBA and it will check the e-reader before allow you to start a battle.

After beating 5 trainers in a row in one difficulty mode you will fight a special trainer. After beating 20 trainers and 4 special trainers in one difficulty the shadow trainer will appeared in the room. Here comes the unrealeshed part.

Now exit the e-trainers menu, you will see the trainer waiting in front of the door. Ignore him, just save the game and stop the emulator.

Now, with the dolphin memory card tool extract the japanesse save game and make all the changes from the start but backwards, we want the file again ready for the PAL/NTSC-U game. Hexesit, PkmGCSaveEditor, inject it into the PAL/USA memory card and fix checksum again.

Now load your PAL/NTSC-U game, you will be in the e-reader room with the shadow trainer available. Just beat it and catch your shadow unreleased pokemon.

After that you will need to repeat the process again 2 times more, to beat again all the trainers in Normal difficult for the 2ns shadow pokemon, and hard for the 3rd.

GC6_P01_1.png

GC6_P01_2.png

GC6_P01_3.png

GC6_P01_4.png

I was able to convert my save file to japanese, snag the shadow pokémon and all, but when I converted it back to PAL, my game can't save on the original hardware, on Dolphin it saves, but the error "Invalid read from 0x00000000, PC = 0x800cdfc0" is displayed. On my wii the game just crashes everytime I try to save. I tried to save on different locations, but the game crashes everytime and the same error appears on dolphin every time.

Edit: I converted the save to NTSC-U and it saved normally, what could be the problem?

01-GC6P-pokemon_colosseum.gci

Edited by FabioJoose
add information