Pokemon Colosseum Unreleased English e-Card Pokemon (All Languages Available Now)

Zerbe92

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

So most people know about the Japanese version of the E card Pokemon from Colosseum.

What most people don't know is that there are English version of them, For the past few months I have been collecting the required tools and hardware to proceeded to see if these Pokemon could be obtain.

Last night I was able to catch one of the extra shadow Pokemon Togepi in a English Copy of Pokemon Colosseum by modifying my save file.

Here some Picture of me encountering the English Togpei;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5WbfU0ZhMlEtVGlVZm8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5WbfRk1VMDREX3lKUEU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5WbfeEJMcWJheEk4dUk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5WbfOHBLaDZZeDZrLUk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5Wbfd2hZSGs1dWNDZm8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byle9GvE5WbfNEtBSGFqWTVQM0k/view?usp=sharing

The Requirement to catch one of these Extra Shadow Pokemon you must have;

- Hex Editor (To modify your save file)

- Modded Wii/GameCube

- GameBoy Advance/GBA SP (Clones or Fakes wont work tested that myself)

- Japanese E-Reader Plus

- Link Cable to connect GBA to Wii/Gamecube

- E Cards for Colosseum if you don't have these you can also print these if you have access to a good printer (E Cards

E Cards.zip

)

- Pokemon Colosseum USA Disc or Rom, Pal version does not work because there is know text in the E-Reader Room.

- Pokemon Colosseum Japan Disc or Rom to enter the E-Reader Room

Here is a Quick Tutorial On how to get the English E-Reader Pokemon.

First thing before starting you'll need a complete Colosseum Save with all 48 Shadow Pokemon Purified.

Step 1;

Extract your save from your Memory card, you can use GCMM to do this.

Step 2;

Open up your save in your Hex editor and change the ''E'' in the first row to a ''J'' and save it.

Now use GCMM to restore your save back to the memory card.

Step 3;

Now if you have a modded Wii which allows games to be played off a USB open up Japan version of Colosseum and head to Phenac City Colosseum.

Go to the door on the left, there's a PC inside which you can used to save.

Now extract you save and open it back up in Hex editor and change the "J" back to a "E" and then restore your save back to the Memory card.

Step 4;

Now that you are in the E-Reader room, connect your GBA with the Japanese E-Reader Plus inserted and talk the the person on the left which will save some data onto the E-Reader.

Now you can enter the Battle Room.

Step 5;

Now this is the hard part if you don't have the E Cards, I payed about $600aud for a complete set.

I have tried Printing these over and over again and they don't seem to scan at all, I even work at a place that does professional printing and no luck.

If you are going to attempt printing these you will need a program that prints the e card files, just google search how to print E-Reader Cards and it should pop up. (E Cards

E Cards.zip

)

Step 6;

Now all that's left is to scan the cards and battle each trainer until you reach each shadow Pokemon, Now you have yourself an Unreleased English E Reader Pokemon.

Video of English Shadow Mareep;

E Cards.zip

Edited by Zerbe92

Just a quick update, I was able to catch Mareep and Scizor in the English version of Colosseum, I'll be uploading a video and pictures as soon as possible.

I'm also lead to believe that these extra shadow Pokemon can be obtain in other language like German, French, etc.

One problem, I don't have a different language save that's completed to try this with, If any one has a different language save and willing to donate it, I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Zerbe92

This save is mine: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/save/pokemon_colosseum_eu_a.gci

100% completed and legit, spanish language. You can't play story mode in any other language outside the one it was started on, but you can use colosseum save editor to change the save's language setting, which I guess would allow you to set colosseum to other languages.

By the way, great research. Can you save between the card is read and the battle is started? Or can you repeat those battles without scanning the cards?

I should try this with dolphin, the recent changes to GBA connectivity allow to receive jirachi and transfer pokemon, maybe it will work with e-reader too.

ps: the other Eur save at gamefaqs is just a converted USA savegame, it won't correctly work with PAL colosseum.

This save is mine: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/save/pokemon_colosseum_eu_a.gci

100% completed and legit, spanish language. You can't play story mode in any other language outside the one it was started on, but you can use colosseum save editor to change the save's language setting, which I guess would allow you to set colosseum to other languages.

By the way, great research. Can you save between the card is read and the battle is started? Or can you repeat those battles without scanning the cards?

I should try this with dolphin, the recent changes to GBA connectivity allow to receive jirachi and transfer pokemon, maybe it will work with e-reader too.

ps: the other Eur save at gamefaqs is just a converted USA savegame, it won't correctly work with PAL colosseum.

The links broken, any chance you can upload it to dropbox or something?

Thanks man,

As soon as you scan a card the battle start, but you can save after each battle and once you have battle the trainer that's it know second chance unless you lose the battle.

The only battle you can save before is the last trainer which have the Shadow Pokemon.

I have tried using it with dolphin and had no luck with it, but give it ago if you want to, I don't really know how to use dolphin that well lol.

Edit: All good I got the save to download now thank you, I'll test it tonight and let you know if I find anything.

Seems I'm late, here's my spanish save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj5zgl11crzw0xu/01-GC6P-pokemon_colosseum_hoho.gci?dl=0

probably gamefaqs doesn't allow hotlinking.

Since you said the game let's you save before battling the trainer with the shadow pokemon, would it be too much to ask for a save before each of this e-reader shadow pokemon battles?

This way one can edit the save to change TID, SID, etc. so they are generated in-game under the desired trainer. I'd prefer that over editing the pokémon to change OT data.

I may try the emulated gba connection, how does this exactly work? Does the e-reader even start in gba or you need to connect with SELECT+START? Where I'm trying to get is if we only need a savegame with the desired e-card read and the e-reader rom, it will probably work.

I haven't made any back ups of saves before each shadow Pokemon :( I probably should have lol.

To get the e-Reader to work you just to need turn it on and go to the menu and go to "connect to gamecube" and when talking to the person at the counter in the e-Reader room on the left, they will recognize your GBA connected with the e-Reader and save some data to the e-Reader, now your ready to scan the e-cards/raw files. Remember when trying this you need the e-Reader Plus Rom (J).

Hope that sort of explains it for you.

Edited by Zerbe92

• 1 month later...

I'm mainly posting this to subscribe to this thread. I wanted to do this buy you completely lost me at the hex editor part. I have a complete Japanese save from when I was going for a legit Ageto Celebi and I have most of the stuff. I want a complete as possible gen 3 collection so I had intentions of getting the E-cards. Is there no other way to do this?

• 5 months later...

First off, I'm a BIG FAN of what you're doing here. I got so excited reading about your work last night that I couldn't sleep. I have few questions: Can this be done without ROMs, or simply put, no Computer usage except for the Hex Editor? Also, what hardware/software did you end up using at each step, which were ROMs and which were physical copies? Finally, have you done any work with the Ageto Celebi, or is that matter already solved and done by another?

First off, I'm a BIG FAN of what you're doing here. I got so excited reading about your work last night that I couldn't sleep. I have few questions: Can this be done without ROMs, or simply put, no Computer usage except for the Hex Editor? Also, what hardware/software did you end up using at each step, which were ROMs and which were physical copies? Finally, have you done any work with the Ageto Celebi, or is that matter already solved and done by another?

As far as Ageto Celebi, are you talking about a complete Colosseum/GBA save? I've contributed both of those online already and I've used a GCN AR to get an English one.

I uploaded my legit EUR esp savefile at gamefaqs too, it's been there for around 2 years.

Almost all shadow pokemon are unused, specially the legendaries have never been used. It also has ho-oh, and I have several savefiles at different points in the game, probably one before the las battle before receiving oh-oh too.

Problem is you can't change language (the legit way) and keep playing, but works fine for bonus disk and other stuff. With the dave editor language isn't really a problem.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone recently attempted to do this? Is it possible to do this on a VBA-M running the e-reader and the Dolphin having Colosseum?

If anyone's able to share a save containing all 3 untouched shadow Pokemon, I'd really appreciate it. I need these 3 for research so I can fully support them in Trigger's PC and I don't have a Japanese Disc to work with.

If it works with VBA-M and Dolphin, I will be able to give you the save file.

Should work with vba-m and dolphin. Since you are on it, might you keep a save before capturing each of the 3 shadow pokemon? Loading that save in each language of the game should give us the pokémon for each language.

Since the savefile trainer can be edited, having those save files would be the easiest way to get those extra shadow pokémon, since if I correctly understood you can save after reading the e-card before the shadow pokémon battle. Also good for those who like soft-resetting for natures and such.

Only the JAP ones would be really legit though, but accessible to everybody.

Should work with vba-m and dolphin. Since you are on it, might you keep a save before capturing each of the 3 shadow pokemon? Loading that save in each language of the game should give us the pokémon for each language.

Since the savefile trainer can be edited, having those save files would be the easiest way to get those extra shadow pokémon, since if I correctly understood you can save after reading the e-card before the shadow pokémon battle. Also good for those who like soft-resetting for natures and such.

Only the JAP ones would be really legit though, but accessible to everybody.

I wasn't having any luck with getting it to work on Dolphin. Every time the e-Reader gave me a communication failure message. Is this one of those keep trying until it works deals?

Edit: It is in fact one of those deals. I managed to get it to work after the 10th or so time right after posting that. Card loading worked perfectly.

Edit 2: Fun fact. If you don't want to deal with the hassle every time you connect, you can in fact save state the loaded Colosseum Data on your emulator then when you want to use it again load up the e-Reader Plus then the save state then goto the registration counter in the e-Reader Room in Colosseum.

Edit 3: It seems like all the shadow Pokemon have 0 in every IV. That's a shame. :(

Edit 3.5: All e-Reader Shadow Pokemon.

Edit 4: Finished catching them all. Occasionally the e-Reader was finicky or VBA-M crashed but overall it worked a lot better than I expected it to.

Here's some screenshots

wRMdilU.png?2

YL0fJhF.png

643CiVd.png

Edit 5: Here's a download with all 3 e-Reader Shadow Pokemon (English US) in Box 2

Edited by trigger_death

Edit 3: It seems like all the shadow Pokemon have 0 in every IV. That's a shame. :(

I checked the ones I catched on colosseum, purified and transfered to gen 3, and they do have IVs, so most likely IVs are generated when the pokémon is purified? Or are you referring to only those 3 e-reader shadow pokemon?

This is in fact quite good in the sense that if there's no way to save without the gba connection to catch the shadow pokemon (besides savestates), it would mean that we don't really need that, just a save for each language edited to have some of the "instant purification item" (can't remember the name) in the inventory. Or maybe the purification gets the IVs from the PID and does not randomly generate them.

Also, does the save have them in english or which language?

I checked the ones I catched on colosseum, purified and transfered to gen 3, and they do have IVs, so most likely IVs are generated when the pokémon is purified? Or are you referring to only those 3 e-reader shadow pokemon?

This is in fact quite good in the sense that if there's no way to save without the gba connection to catch the shadow pokemon (besides savestates), it would mean that we don't really need that, just a save for each language edited to have some of the "instant purification item" (can't remember the name) in the inventory. Or maybe the purification gets the IVs from the PID and does not randomly generate them.

Also, does the save have them in english or which language?

Nah it's just the e-Reader Pokemon. And no I've used my program to check and normal shadow Pokemon do in fact have IVs right off the bat.

Also the save is in English with the US as its region.

Yes, they have always 0 IV.

I actually have no idea, I was told that the some of these Pokémon data is on these cards.

Can't confirm if this is true or not. I would be very interested to know about this tho'.

And also if there's an easier way to emulate this, since I don't get this to work.

These Pokémon are useless when it comes to battling but they're still nice to collect. :)

Would you like me to help you get it working on your side?

I decided to implement a Fix e-Reader Pokémon feature into my program (Similar to the Fix Roaming IVs feature) that will detect if the Pokemon is an unaltered e-Reader Shadow Pokemon and randomize it's personality, ability, and IVs so people can enjoy them more. Of course it's not required that people do it so anyone that wants their e-Reader Pokémon to remain legit should just avoid it.

I tied yesterday to play Pokemon Colloseum with E-reader cards in Dolphin 5.0 and VBA-M (the last SVN version with e-reader and link support)

I hexedit my EU Save to make it a JP Save and it works with JP Pokemon Colloseum (it didnt work before in 4.0.2 Dolphin)

Unfortunately it not work with PAL Pokemon Colloseum, i have made the save PAL again with hexedit inside the e-reader room but the e-reader connection fail in VBA. I have not tried with a US game