Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

Hi... just saw a video of Pokemon XG.

I am amazed on how well you did.

I have a question: How did you find the values for the Shadow Pokemon's moves? How did you manage to change them? If I may ask, what are those values?

I am trying to modify the opposing trainers' shadow pokemon shadow moveset values, but the codes available only change the normal moveset.

Also, did you ever discover shadow lugia's textures whilst in your RAM hacking? If so, could you dump the texture and upload it here?

• 2 weeks later...

I replied to the question about the shadow moves in the thread you made about it. As for the textures, you can dump it quite easily with the dolphin emulator. Here's a random video tutorial I quickly found on the topic, I can't comment on how good it is but it looks legit: 

Hey there. First of all, major props to StarsMmd. Your project has made one of my childhood games more memorable than ever. As a fellow X D fan, I thank you for your hard work.

Adding to Aurorans' question, are there Action Replay codes for the new Shadow moves you have made(i.e. Gengar's Shadow Soul). I've been experimenting with GC Forever site codes here and there. There's a section for moves that can substitute the Move Tutor's moves, so I tinkered around to substitute Shadow moves in (i.e. 016B - Shadow Fire 016C - Shadow Bolt 016D). I wondering if there are similar codes for Shadow Soul, Creep, Star, etc. Just very curious on how you pulled it off to look so crisp.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work!

Gengar's Shdw Soul.png

Shadow Move Tutor.png

Shdw Houndour using Shdw Fire.png

On 13 January 2017 at 6:55 AM, RedZone said:

Hey there. First of all, major props to StarsMmd. Your project has made one of my childhood games more memorable than ever. As a fellow X D fan, I thank you for your hard work.

Adding to Aurorans' question, are there Action Replay codes for the new Shadow moves you have made(i.e. Gengar's Shadow Soul). I've been experimenting with GC Forever site codes here and there. There's a section for moves that can substitute the Move Tutor's moves, so I tinkered around to substitute Shadow moves in (i.e. 016B - Shadow Fire 016C - Shadow Bolt 016D). I wondering if there are similar codes for Shadow Soul, Creep, Star, etc. Just very curious on how you pulled it off to look so crisp.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work!

Gengar's Shdw Soul.png

Shadow Move Tutor.png

Shdw Houndour using Shdw Fire.png

I appreciate the kinds words :)

All the new shadow moves replace the slots of old ones. So you should be able to use the same shadow move AR codes as you've been doing by the looks of the images. The shadow moves IDs range from 0x164 - 0x176 I believe so the ones you are looking for should be one of those.

Bingo, it looks like it worked. Thank you Stars! 

By the way, one other issue I am having trouble with is copying my save file on Dolphin emulator to the PokeXG on the console(I am using Nintendont and have XG on Wii). I did enable "MemCopy Enabler" as well as "Make Game Save Copyable" and exported a .gci save file on Dolphin, however, after copying the .gci to the console, PokeXG prompts the message: "The Memory Card in Slot A does not contain Story Mode saved data to continue from." If you or anyone here has successfully transferred their Dolphin save to Console memory card, please let me know if it's possible. Much appreciated.  

Updated Shadow Move List.png

PokeXG Save Error.jpg

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Bingo, it looks like it worked. Thank you Stars! 

By the way, one other issue I am having trouble with is copying my save file on Dolphin emulator to the PokeXG on the console(I am using Nintendont and have XG on Wii). I did enable "MemCopy Enabler" as well as "Make Game Save Copyable" and exported a .gci save file on Dolphin, however, after copying the .gci to the console, PokeXG prompts the message: "The Memory Card in Slot A does not contain Story Mode saved data to continue from." If you or anyone here has successfully transferred their Dolphin save to Console memory card, please let me know if it's possible. Much appreciated.  

I believe the issue is that the wii doesn't use .gci saves. You have to convert it from .gci to the proper form. I normally follow this tutorial: Convert Dolphin saves for Wii

• 4 weeks later...
On 17 February 2017 at 6:43 PM, 4Ply said:

Hey, I was wondering if you had a compiled list of which moves were replaced?

Or better yet, if you could tell me if you added in Earth Power as a move. Thank you.

Sorry for the late response. I have indeed added earth power. There's a big update coming soon so I'll dump all the moves and such after that :)

Oh man, a big update coming soon?  Would you be able to share any details on what will be in the coming update?  This is the first time in a while I've checked back on this thread (glad that projectpokemon is back online) and am excited to see that this project is still being worked on!

I do have a couple questions though.  I looked to see if there was a randomizer for this game yet and found something that seems to work, although it needs to be running while the game is being run, and only works on dolphin.  However, if I were to use it with a version of the ROM using your patch, could I expect the randomizer to function correctly?  I know you're working on a randomizer yourself that will write directly to the ROM if I understand right.  But until then I was thinking it would work for now.  The randomizer I'm speaking of is the one created by Reclaimer Shawn, which I think you did have a hand in helping with.  Link to the randomizer I was speaking of is below.  Thanks for all your work on this game, and good luck in the future!

19 hours ago, dontkillSif said:

Oh man, a big update coming soon?  Would you be able to share any details on what will be in the coming update?  This is the first time in a while I've checked back on this thread (glad that projectpokemon is back online) and am excited to see that this project is still being worked on!

I do have a couple questions though.  I looked to see if there was a randomizer for this game yet and found something that seems to work, although it needs to be running while the game is being run, and only works on dolphin.  However, if I were to use it with a version of the ROM using your patch, could I expect the randomizer to function correctly?  I know you're working on a randomizer yourself that will write directly to the ROM if I understand right.  But until then I was thinking it would work for now.  The randomizer I'm speaking of is the one created by Reclaimer Shawn, which I think you did have a hand in helping with.  Link to the randomizer I was speaking of is below.  Thanks for all your work on this game, and good luck in the future!

Hey dude,

Good to see you're still around! I've really been digging around in the assembly code of the game and reprogramming a lot of stuff. In the previous versions to make an ability like technician, I had just made a separate move with higher base power. However, now all the abilities will properly be programmed into the game included a bunch of new abilities (e.g. magic bounce,multiscale,regenerator). There will be some new items (e.g. choice scarf,choice specs, eviolite) and more shadow moves too. Oh and I finally got around to fixing battle bingo. All the cards have been completely redone and I'll be testing them to make sure they're good. There have been a few finer updates too like making hurricane 100% accurate in rain and paralysis only halves speed like in gen 7. It's been a lot of work but the game will be a lot cleaner as a result.

In terms of the randomiser, since the current versions have a lot of make shift implementations of things like moves and abilities it would probably lead to a lot of unexpected results. However, the next update will be programmed properly so it will work perfectly with Reclaimer Shawn's randomiser. It should be out in a week or so at my current pace ;)

• Like 1

I have a further question regarding Reclaimer Shawn's randomiser, but I'm unsure how to contact him with this.  I was wondering if the randomizer could be used without affecting the normal levels of the pokemon in the game.

Edited by dontkillSif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 March 2017 at 2:41 AM, dontkillSif said:

I have a further question regarding Reclaimer Shawn's randomiser, but I'm unsure how to contact him with this.  I was wondering if the randomizer could be used without affecting the normal levels of the pokemon in the game.

You can try posting on his thread or sending a DM on here. You can also try posting on his youtube channel or try tracking down his twitter. IIRC he posted the source code for his randomiser which uses cheat engine. I'm sure it would just be a case of removing one or two lines of code somewhere.

1 minute ago, 2genesis said:

everytime i try to use the nups it doesn't work is there any way i can the game already patched please I'm a mac user so thats probably why

Try the patching program called "multipatch". That's what I use (I'm on mac too :) ).