writebytetooffset 0x33 0x20291B0
writebytetooffset 0x00 0x20291B1
writebytetooffset 0x00 0x20291B2
writebytetooffset 0x00 0x20291B3
writebytetooffset 0x01 0x20291B4
writebytetooffset 0x1E 0x20291B5
writebytetooffset 0x13 0x20291B6
writebytetooffset 0x01 0x20291B7

I actually tried something similar, but I couldn't find the offsets! How did you find them? Are those for emerald? I searched but couldn't find any information about it.

On a side note, record mixing in emerald works fine, and I'm pretty sure that both the mistery event script and wonder card script go to the same offset, so they are mutually exclusive. Since a script was never released for emerald we can't be sure, but since record mixing item data comes just after the script ends I think they used the same region for it.

I actually tried something similar, but I couldn't find the offsets! How did you find them? Are those for emerald? I searched but couldn't find any information about it.

On a side note, record mixing in emerald works fine, and I'm pretty sure that both the mistery event script and wonder card script go to the same offset, so they are mutually exclusive. Since a script was never released for emerald we can't be sure, but since record mixing item data comes just after the script ends I think they used the same region for it.

Those were offsets for RS. ajxpkm posted something a few month ago. I'm not sure if it was one of Morfeo's codes or one of Taka's tool.

Here are the others offsets.

Save (Section 4)
RS	0xBFC
E	0xC94

RAM
EU/US
RS	0x020291B0
E	0x02029514

Japanese
RS	0x02028F10
E	0x020291B8

I tried starting at 0x02029514 and the data was written, but 0x7C bytes before the correct offset.

Also, more data is written to the save besides the item data, which results in script corruption since the checksum is no longer valid. Maybe it's writebytetooffset's fault? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

EDIT: nevermind, there's something wrong in my end, will try at some other time.

I tried starting at 0x02029514 and the data was written, but 0x7C bytes before the correct offset.

Also, more data is written to the save besides the item data, which results in script corruption since the checksum is no longer valid. Maybe it's writebytetooffset's fault? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

EDIT: nevermind, there's something wrong in my end, will try at some other time.

Oh, it seems you need to use DMA Disablers to get writebytetooffset work properly. Sorry, I didn't think about that. I only tested this on RS.

[video=youtube;UUOM8R6v-tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOM8R6v-tc&feature=youtu.be

I personally like the changes in the wc

be careful with scripts since they can lock.

Sorry, I can't see the video. What do you mean by they can "lock"? Break the game?

Custom scripting is not the goal of this thread, it is still to preserve the legit events and provide a way to distribute them.

I've agreed with ajxpkm that alongside with the full tool, I'll made a more simple tool that has the real legit events embedded, just like taka's tools. That's also what the gc/wii versions (and hopefully a NDS version) will do.

Since it has become a little bit hard to keep track let's make an status update about our plan to get the missing European Events from Italy.

Here are the participants for the respective events:

Eon Ticket Bag_Eon_Ticket_Sprite.png

(Ruby & Sapphire)

English: theSLAYER

French: HaxAras?

German: Me - If there's no one else who want it.

Spanish: HaxAras or suloku if he can't make it in time.

Aurora Ticket Bag_AuroraTicket_Sprite.png

(Emerald only!)

French: Real.96 or HaxAras

Real.96 should make the decision about when we will do this action. It should be rather soon than later since we don't know when they stop it.

And I have read on reddit that we're not the only one who know about this, so I'm a bit afraid this distribution could end very soon, since there's a big run now... (I hope it doesn't...)

As we talked about it, if Real will buy more cartridges I will pay 1/2 of the price. Also I think if we buy cartidges we could also resell them, so it's not a too big deal.

(And the values with the Events on them would be even higher too, just btw... xD)

So if I wanted to, could I send my cartridges in to Nintendo of Italy, even though I live in the U.S.? It would obviously be expensive, but just curious if I could do that, and if so, what I would need to do.

I fear they wouldn't do that... :(

So if I wanted to, could I send my cartridges in to Nintendo of Italy, even though I live in the U.S.? It would obviously be expensive, but just curious if I could do that, and if so, what I would need to do.

No, you can't. You must do it from italy.

Since it has become a little bit hard to keep track let's make an status update about our plan to get the missing European Events from Italy.

Here are the participants for the respective events:

Eon Ticket Bag_Eon_Ticket_Sprite.png

(Ruby & Sapphire)

English: theSLAYER

French: HaxAras?

Aurora Ticket Bag_AuroraTicket_Sprite.png

(Emerald only!)

French: Real.96 or HaxAras

Real.96 should make the decision about when we will do this action. It should be rather soon than later since we don't know when they stop it.

And I have read on reddit that we're not the only one who know about this, so I'm a bit afraid this distribution could end very soon, since there's a big run now... (I hope it doesn't...)

As we talked about it, if Real will buy more cartridges I will pay 1/2 of the price. Also I think if we buy cartidges we could also resell them, so it's not a too big deal.

(And the values with the Events on them would be even higher too, just btw... xD)

I fear they wouldn't do that... :(

I bought the french emerald, it will arrive to me tomorrow. If nobody will send me his carts i need to buy them >.< so you (all of user who want to contribuite) can choose to do one of these two things: send me your cart or pay me (we will divide the prices) to buy the missing carts. But pls, be fast because i think Nintendo will stop this service soon (a lot of people became aware of this service)

I can get my spanish carts (emerald and rubi) probably sent by next wednesday/thursday morning.

I hope we make it in time...

But even if people are aware, they still need someone from italy to send and receive the cartridges...so I don't think they will be getting that many carts.

Also, maybe then the saves popup somewhere? I don't think so though...

pressing the A button to talk to the man in blue this shows the icon of latios as 2 times and then shows the icon of latias

You can not continue the game when shown latias

Mmm... I had some problems too, but I thought it was due to another problem. In any case my current script works fine for that. Nlt that people have to use them anyway. The good thing is that if the game isn't saved, you can test it, then toss the wondercard and the save is like there was never a custom script there.

I can get my spanish carts (emerald and rubi) probably sent by next wednesday/thursday morning.

I hope we make it in time...

But even if people are aware, they still need someone from italy to send and receive the cartridges...so I don't think they will be getting that many carts.

Also, maybe then the saves popup somewhere? I don't think so though...

That's good news!

I will send the german games next week as well.

@Real.96 pls buy this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-VERSION-RUBIS-GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-/301951081242?hash=item464dafdb1a:g:AGIAAOSwKfVXLj1X

It's the cheapest I found and I think there's no cheaper french Ruby or Sapphire.

Together with theSLAYER's english game we would have all cartridges together.

The fact that there are people who are actually charging this kind of free service can only shorten the period of this service.

That's what I fear as well... even I must agree with suloku. Let's hope there are not too many italian folks who doing the same thing as we do.

That's good news!

I will send the german games next week as well.

@Real.96 pls buy this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-VERSION-RUBIS-GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-/301951081242?hash=item464dafdb1a:g:AGIAAOSwKfVXLj1X

It's the cheapest I found and I think there's no cheaper french Ruby or Sapphire.

Together with theSLAYER's english game we would have all cartridges together.

That's what I fear as well... even I must agree with suloku. Let's hope there are not too many italian folks who doing the same thing as we do.

EDIT: i was wrong, it was spanish t.t

Ok, i'm buying this french one :)

EDIT: i was wrong, it was spanish t.t

Ok, i'm buying this french one :)

Darn... are you sure? In other words you bought Spanish Emerald? :(

We have more than enough Spanish Emeralds...

Ok... then buy this one too:

(Link removed)

Send me the invoices to my e-Mail address...

Edit: There was a little misunderstanding from my side. Sorry.

Darn... are you sure? In other words you bought Spanish Emerald? :(

We have more than enough Spanish Emeralds...

Ok... then buy this one too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pokemon-version-Emeraude-Edition-nintendo-gameboy-gba-FRENCH-FRA-version-8555-/222020337860?hash=item33b17180c4:g:t-MAAOSwuAVWuzmM

Send me the invoices to my e-Mail address...

Nono, no problem. The edit was because i linked a wrong cartridge xD I've got now French Emerald and French Ruby

What do we miss now?

Yes, we know that. It's just that it came to my ears that many people know about the distribution now.

So we're just worrying that we won't be able to make it in time. If we wait too long we might not get any Event and this would be the worst case scenario. :(

It would be the best if we at least can send our cartidges next week so that they will arrive in about two weeks or so...

But I promise you that I will definitely share the save files, at least from my side there's no problem with sharing them. (Can't speak for the others tho'...)

Yes, we know that. It's just that it came to my ears that many people know about the distribution now.

So we're just worrying that we won't be able to make it in time. If we wait too long we might not get any Event and this would be the worst case scenario. :(

It would be the best if we at least can send our cartidges next week so that they will arrive in about two weeks or so...

But I promise you that I definitely will definitely share the save files, at least from my side there's no problem with sharing them. (Can't speak for the others tho'...)

I'll send french emerald in a two days, because i need to send my italian LeafGreen also, so i'll send both. So for sure we'll get the aurora ticket on the french emerald save file