[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

In the post I linked above should be the source code for PSavFix, it has the section sizes for RS and FRLG.

short FLMAP[] = { 0xF24,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xEC0,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0x7D0,0x01C,0x100};
short RSMAP[] = { 0x890,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xC40,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0x7D0,0xF80,0xF80};

This one is for Emerald.

short EMAP[]   = { 0xF2C,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF08,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0xF80,0x7D0,0xF80,0xF80 };

Thank You very much! I've just made a tool to fix checksum in gen 1-2-3.

I know that it's not very useful, but I'm doing my own pokemon editor :P (Only first gen editor is completed )

Hey guys, I see lot of activity here. Glad that this thread is not dead. :)

I feel a little bit guilty that i haven't finish this but unfortunately I'm really really busy lately... The state of the tool is as you know it. The basic stuff are functional. Just need some testing to eliminate any bugs.

In any case, If anyone is willing to continue with this, I can give the source code of the tool in order to continue with. Just let me know.

Also i can confirm that the algorithm is the one of morfeo. It just using different initial token and different lookup table than the one he was provide. I have include those in source code as well.

what kind of tool were you doing?

Hey guys, I see lot of activity here. Glad that this thread is not dead. :)

I feel a little bit guilty that i haven't finish this but unfortunately I'm really really busy lately... The state of the tool is as you know it. The basic stuff are functional. Just need some testing to eliminate any bugs.

In any case, If anyone is willing to continue with this, I can give the source code of the tool in order to continue with. Just let me know.

Also i can confirm that the algorithm is the one of morfeo. It just using different initial token and different lookup table than the one he was provide. I have include those in source code as well.

Man, it's great to have you back! :) Don't worry. I think I speak for everyone here that you don't have to feel guilty.

We actually thought you could have gone forever so as you can see we continued the work to ensure that this project will continue.

Anyway it's really great to see you again, so we don't have to work on an entirely new Tool.

You can talk with comradesean, he's working on this field now and he also knows about the checksum routine and all the stuff.

You guys can talk with each other about where we go from now and who will make the Tool, I leave it up to you guys.

Been a little distracted by some other projects I've been working on. So basically I followed morpheo's example up until the part where he left you hanging with wrong information. I then used a debug version of no$gba to figure out the real starting seed and Tab file. My application does have support for custom Wonder Cards, but you're only going to be able to select between official cards I've been given so far. Japanese saves are not supported yet and will probably become corrupted

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q7i6tzddq2ikh3/Sean%27s_Mystery_Gift_Injector.7z

On that note, Does anyone know if there are any flags I can use to determine whether a save is Japanese or not?

So I tried using the tool that you made, but when testing in Firered, I receive the Wonder Card, but the delivery man only says "thank you for using the mystery gift system", and doesn't give me the item. Tried with both the Mystic Ticket and the Aurora Ticket, and I was sure to select the Firered/Leafgreen tab. English save file. Don't know if you already know about this, but thought I should let you know.

So I tried using the tool that you made, but when testing in Firered, I receive the Wonder Card, but the delivery man only says "thank you for using the mystery gift system", and doesn't give me the item. Tried with both the Mystic Ticket and the Aurora Ticket, and I was sure to select the Firered/Leafgreen tab. English save file. Don't know if you already know about this, but thought I should let you know.

I think I know the cause. Let me take a look.

edit:

Actually, quick question. Are you using v1.0 or v1.1 of the rom? If you're not sure, can you provide me the checksum of the rom?

I think I know the cause. Let me take a look.

edit:

Actually, quick question. Are you using v1.0 or v1.1 of the rom? If you're not sure, can you provide me the checksum of the rom?

Using v1.0 of the rom.

EDIT: Tried the Aurora Ticket on Emerald, worked just as it should. Wonder Card appeared, item received. Here's a picture of the Wonder Card (can't attach images for some reason, so I stuck it on imgur).

http://imgur.com/bDcfYa6

Edited by theskipster

Hi everyone! I've tested the Sean's Mistery Gift Injector with an Italian version of Pokemon Fire Red. The Injection works but the dialog of mail man is in English and not in Italian? Why?

Thanks in advance

I actually explained this many times before in this Thread, but I can understand that this Thread has become quite big so it might be hard to follow.

What you experienced now is actually the reason why I do my research and collect save files with Wonder Cards included.

A Mystery Gift in the 3rd Gen is the combination of a Wonder Card + the Mystery Gift Script itself.

The Script is downloaded together with the Wonder Card and stored in the Save File, it's always tied to the Wonder Card.

This Script is the one that runs when you talk to the deliveryperson in the 2F of the Pokémon Center.

It includes the text which is why yours is displayed in English even in an Italian game..

Comradesean appearently used the English Aurora Ticket Mystery Gift Event in his Tool, I suppose it's the one from the US.

It should be displayed as "AURORA TICKET Exchange Card 2004 FALL". You can check out the Wonder Card if you like to confirm it.

If you want it to be an legit Mystery Gift Event that is displayed in the Italian language you have no other choice but to get the Italian Version of the Event.

The Wonder Card would be displayed as "BIGLIETTO AURORA Scheda Ritiro Biglietto".

You actually got lucky, because thanks to Ahito95 I was able to get one from Italy.

I might give that one to Comradesean in the future so he can implement it into the Injection Tool.

My hope is that we can distribute all the different Versions of officially distributed Mystery Gift Events.

But in order to do that I have to collect all these save files, all the different Types of official Event FR&LG Versions and Emerald Versions in all languages.

Which means I have to get every Event twice! One FireRed/Leafgreen Version and one from Emerald.

The only exception is the Aurora Ticket since that one was only meant to be distributed to FR&LG, even tho' we have one from Europe that is downloaded on an US Emerald Version. By the way... The only two left Aurora Tickets that are missing are the UK one (FR&LG!) and the Spanish one!

I will update my list in the first post of this Thread later to show what I've collected so far in a more detailed list.

And please don't get confused, lostaddict's Editor Tool supports all Versions.

The difference in his Tool is that we're using the Scripts that were hidden inside the Roms.

They're slightly different than the Scripts that came from the Distribution Devices.

It's the only way we can give seamless support to all the 3rd Gen Pokémon Versions for his Tool...

It wouldn't be possible with the distributed ones!

I actually explained this many times before in this Thread, but I can understand that this Thread has become quite big so it might be hard to follow.

What you experienced now is actually the reason why I do my research and collect save files with Wonder Cards included.

A Mystery Gift in the 3rd Gen is the combination of a Wonder Card + the Mystery Gift Script itself.

The Script is downloaded together with the Wonder Card and stored in the Save File, it's always tied to the Wonder Card.

This Script is the one that runs when you talk to the deliveryperson in the 2F of the Pokémon Center.

It includes the text which is why yours is displayed in English even in an Italian game..

Comradesean appearently used the English Aurora Ticket Mystery Gift Event in his Tool, I suppose it's the one from the US.

It should be displayed as "AURORA TICKET Exchange Card 2004 FALL". You can check out the Wonder Card if you like to confirm it.

If you want it to be an legit Mystery Gift Event that is displayed in the Italian language you have no other choice but to get the Italian Version of the Event.

The Wonder Card would be displayed as "BIGLIETTO AURORA Scheda Ritiro Biglietto".

You actually got lucky, because thanks to Ahito95 I was able to get one from Italy.

I might give that one to Comradesean in the future so he can implement it into the Injection Tool.

My hope is that we can distribute all the different Versions of officially distributed Mystery Gift Events.

But in order to do that I have to collect all these save files, all the different Types of official Event FR&LG Versions and Emerald Versions in all languages.

Which means I have to get every Event twice! One FireRed/Leafgreen Version and one from Emerald.

The only exception is the Aurora Ticket since that one was only meant to be distributed to FR&LG, even tho' we have one from Europe that is downloaded on an US Emerald Version. By the way... The only two left Aurora Tickets that are missing are the UK one (FR&LG!) and the Spanish one!

I will update my list in the first post of this Thread later to show what I've collected so far in a more detailed list.

And please don't get confused, lostaddict's Editor Tool supports all Versions.

The difference in his Tool is that we're using the Scripts that were hidden inside the Roms.

They're slightly different than the Scripts that came from the Distribution Devices.

It's the only way we can give seamless support to all the 3rd Gen Pokémon Versions for his Tool...

It wouldn't be possible with the distributed ones!

First of all thank you for your patience and for your full explanation, now i understood. So i will wait, ever if possible obviously, the implementation of legit Italian Aurora Ticket Mystery Gift by Comradsesean in his Injection Tool.

And good work at all :)

So does that mean that there is a difference within the game's data of a legit event and one injected from lostaddict's and/or comradesean's tool? If so, does the difference disappear after talking to the delivery man and receiving the item?

I try to make it a bit more clear...

comradesean's Mystery Gift Injection Tool = Tool for injecting the data of officially distributed Mystery Gift Events into save files

Works similar like たかさん's Tools but only includes data of Mystery Gift Events that were officially distributed. No customized Events.

So there will be no support for Events that were never distributed + There will be also no support for Events which we don't have collected.

For example, since the Old Sea Map was never distributed in the west, there will never be an Old Sea Map for any west version in this Tool.

This Tool is for everyone who is interested in officially distributed Mystery Gift Events.

lostaddict's Mystery Gift Tool = Tool for creating and editing customizable Mystery Gift Events based on the scripts we found inside the Roms.

Which includes seamless support for ALL the 3rd Gen Pokémon Versions and all languages. With all the Tickets and the Old Sea Map which was never distributed in the west.

+ Other never distributed events that appearently were planned but never made it to be distributed.

This includes the Pichu with Surf Pokémon Egg Event, the Altering Cave Event and the Trainer Events.

However there is a high chance that the Pokémon Egg Event was in fact used for the PCJP 2004, PokéPark and PCNY Wish Egg Events.

But we can only confirm this when we have save files with these. The only Wonder Card we ever saw was the one from the PokéPark Egg Event.

To answer your question.

We could see the scripts as official as well since they were already programed by GameFreak and hidden in the code of the games.

Possibly they were meant to be as templates for all the Events to come when the games were released.

The data of these scripts are slightly different compared to the official distributed ones as I briefly mentioned in the last post.

But these are just very small differences which you wouldn't see. You can see the differences only if you would compare the data with an officially distributed one.

Just for example, the official distributed events included trash bytes after the script which was maybe because of the way the distribution device wrote it to the save files.

Logically our customized events will be injected into the save file in a very clean way, so there will be no trash bytes.

I hope this helps everyone to understand about these Tools. :smile:

In your case, just stick to Takasan's Tools and this list I made for you before and comradesean's Tool and you will be fine!

Sorry if someone asked this question before

Why the aurora ticket can't be redeemed on japanese emerald? The option in TicketPEe is obscured....

Nintendo didn't release this event for japanese Emerald?

The Aurora Ticket was NEVER distributed for Emerald, not even in Japan. Shocking, I know.

The Aurora Ticket was NEVER distributed for Emerald, not even in Japan. Shocking, I know.

>Aurora Ticket (English) (FR, LG & Emerald) (!)

The first page with the list of officially distributed Mystery Gift Wondercards collected so far indicate otherwise though. I think I read some pages back that you could officially receive an auroraticket in an english copy of emerald by sending it in to nintendo of europe or something.

Goodmorning friends! Some minutes ago i've found in a italian forum a Save that contains (or seems to contain) a 100% legit EON TICKET that seems to be shared other times. The EON TICKET seems to be INJECTED by Nintendo ITALIA. If someone could check it should be great! This is the link to download the save: https://mega.nz/#!hh1DHIKL

let me know if this can helps for the collection :)

Perfect, thanks!

EDIT: Wait, why serebii says that it was distribuited? 16 September 2004

Serebii is wrong. I don't know why they clame it on the Event page.

There's no evidence that it was distributed at the 16th September of 2004.

Also I have read a little bit on some Japanese sites including 2ch about if it was available for Emerald in Japan and they it was not.

According to this site which gives some detailed informations of the Japanese distribution dates the Aurora Ticket was distributed from June 19. 2004 - August 31, 2004.

It was only distributed to those who bought a Ticket to watch the Deoxys movie in the cinema from between April 17, 2004 and July 16, 2004.

>Aurora Ticket (English) (FR, LG & Emerald) (!)

The first page with the list of officially distributed Mystery Gift Wondercards collected so far indicate otherwise though. I think I read some pages back that you could officially receive an auroraticket in an english copy of emerald by sending it in to nintendo of europe or something.

That's true, but when you see the distribution dates you can see that it was not meant to be this way.

The only time there was an overlap with the Emerald release was in the UK.

The Emerald save we have was from someone who went to the European Event in France with an American Emerald cartridge. (You can read about it here)

It's true that there was a compatibility, but overall it was only a slight chance to get an Aurora Ticket on Emerald...

That's why I personally think we shouldn't focus on that. But if there's anyone out there who has an European Distribution Device with the Aurora Ticket, it would be pretty cool.

Because then we could download it on all the different language versions and on Emerald. It would be the best that could happen to us.

Serebii is wrong. I don't know why they clame it on the Event page.

There's no evidence that it was distributed at the 16th September of 2004.

Also I have read a little bit on some Japanese sites including 2ch about if it was available for Emerald in Japan and they it was not.

According to this site which gives some detailed informations of the Japanese distribution dates the Aurora Ticket was distributed from June 19. 2004 - August 31, 2004.

It was only distributed to those who bought a Ticketto watch the Deoxys movie in the cinema from between April 17, 2004 and July 16, 2004.

So in japanese copy of emerald no, but in europen copy yes?

Goodmorning friends! Some minutes ago i've found in a italian forum a Save that contains (or seems to contain) a 100% legit EON TICKET that seems to be shared other times. The EON TICKET seems to be INJECTED by Nintendo ITALIA. If someone could check it should be great! This is the link to download the save: https://mega.nz/#!hh1DHIKL

This would be great!

The link is password protected. Also, where did you find it?