[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

UPDATE:

I'm so sorry. I was tied up with a lot of things recently and there was not much new to tell that's why I haven't posted anything since a while. No progress in the meanwhile.

But now I finally have some new information which are not big but still interesting.

I received some infomations from a trustable source (someone who worked for Nintendo) that the US Aurora Ticket device was NOT compatible with Emerald! And after thinking of it, it makes a lot sense because Emerald wasn't released at the time. So this must have been the case with the Japanese Emerald version as well. The European distribution device however was compatible with Emerald and even with the US versions just as we know. So only a European Aurora Ticket on a US Emerald cartdridge is a "legit" one. The reason why this works is because the American Versions were identical to the European (UK) versions.

Since I believe the European distribution devices weren't compatible with the Japanese versions, there should be no legit way to receive an Aurora Ticket on a Japanese Emerald version. Of course I can't proof this since I don't own a device so you can take this information carefully at this point, but I can tell you that I'm about 99% sure because the US Aurora Ticket device and the Japanese FR & LG versions aren't compatible as well which I do can confirm thanks to all of the save files I received. A few of these save file were from someone who owns such a device and tried to connect it to a Japanese version which didn't worked.

So did the person with the US Aurora Ticket distribution cart try downloading it to English Emerald? Just wondering for the sake of completeness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just thought of something. Since the Wonder Card program is almost done, would it be possible to create a DS homebrew version that injects Wonder Cards through Slot 2? It'd solve the problem with the lack of a GBA distro ROM better than the Share function AND make the injection process feel more like an actual event (similar to the former PCNY's Gotta Catch 'Em All Station or the DS Download Play events Japan had toward the end of Gen 3). It's just an idea I had after remembering that DS homebrew version of Pokesav.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I have been wanting to get wondercards on Gen 3 for almost 5 years now. If/when this is finished, will the be some sort of tutorial on how to do it? I have tried reading through the thread and downloading some of the things, but I am super confused about how any of it works. Thanks for all the great work you have done!

Man, I have been wanting to get wondercards on Gen 3 for almost 5 years now. If/when this is finished, will the be some sort of tutorial on how to do it? I have tried reading through the thread and downloading some of the things, but I am super confused about how any of it works. Thanks for all the great work you have done!

Easiest way will be lostaddict's tool, whenever he gets the time to release it. Plus it'll also let you create Wonder Cards.

I have had bad experiences with cheat codes as they had repeatedly messed up my Battle Frontier records. So yesterday I tried opening my English Emerald save file in my Japanese rom, found out that it worked fine, saved the game, dropped the save into the Japanese Tickets tool to get the Old Sea Map & activate the Mew event, opened the game back, got the ticket from the man in the communication center, saved the game, copied the save file back into the English Emerald folder, opened the game & the event was indeed activated. I did this with the Deoxys & Ho-Oh/Lugia events; both worked flawlessly. No abnormalities with my gameplay so far.

Hi, this is a great project, I've looking everywhere for this one, and finally I've found it here.

But, I've tried a couple times and have no luck.

I trying this one on VBA 1.8Link with Wireless Adapter on.

This is what I do:

1. I put the Master Code + Anti DMA + The desired code event for Emerald.

I use the code from the first page

Morfeo's Codes (working with all European and the US Versions)

http://galeon.com/albumpokemon/GigaCodigosMRF.rar

2. I save my game and reset it.

3. And then I go to the 2F of Pokemon Center but the delivery men isn't there.

My question is, is there something wrong in what I do there?

Please give me solution. Thanks :)

You should first check the tutorial video first (just google it) before using the codes just to see the actual process.

Here are some suggestions that might help you if you don't feel like watching the video.

1) Install the latest version of VBA (not VBA link) and ensure the wireless adapter option exists (I believe it is under emulation options). You NEED to have it enabled if you want the codes to work.

2) Before going to use the codes, observe how each code is structured. You will notice that each code is grouped into 7 distinct parts.

3) Open the VBA, (with wireless adapter enabled) and when in-game, enter the (m) code, the anti-dma and the first 2 groups of code info.

4)Save the game and reset.

5)Reboot, open codes menu, delete everything and then add again (m) code, anti-dma, and the next 2 groups of code info.

6)Repeat this until the end of the code.

Because there are 7 groups of info, you will have to do this tedious process 4 times from the beginning till the end.

The reason for this, is the fact that there is a limit to code lines you can add to the code menu.

I hope I helped.

thanks, that's really help.

I did input the code M + Anti DMA + 2 Groups of Code, save and reset it until all of the codes have been input.

And yes, that's work.

I use the Morfeo's code, the key item is in English, but the Delivery men and the wonder card are in Spanish.

I don't mind if it's Spanish or something, I just want you to know that. All I want is already here, the event and the pokemon. thanks for this thread and whoever made that code :)

No it's Fake :(

The Mystic ticket was given away at the Pokemon Festa'04 from 17 July 2004 till 4 September 2004

Japan has got multiple distributions of the Mystic Ticket.

This one could be the Pokemon Center distribution (December 9, 2006 to January 5, 2007) or the Winter festival distribution (December 27, 2006 to January 8, 2007).

It could be fake though but you can't tell just from the photo. You will have to look at the data.

Japan has got multiple distributions of the Mystic Ticket.

This one could be the Pokemon Center distribution (December 9, 2006 to January 5, 2007) or the Winter festival distribution (December 27, 2006 to January 8, 2007).

It could be fake though but you can't tell just from the photo. You will have to look at the data.

never heard of this Distribution and never officially seen or listed on any sites O_o!

EDIT:

I see now that Bulbapedia is Updated with the later Distro Dates

Japan:

Mystic Ticket 2006-2007 (FR, LG & Emerald) (?)

http://imgur.com/dqHWbuC.jpg

Is this correct?

This is very interesting!

It's definitely a Mystic Ticket Wonder Card and the text says Winter 2006-2007.

The card was indeed distributed during that time span as you san see right here on the archived official site.

Unfortunately just as BlackShark mentioned, there is still a chance that this could be hacked.

And we have to be careful about confirming what's real and what's not.

Could you let us know where you found it?

It is a real card that I have actually received in December 2006.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_other_event_distributions_in_Generation_III#2006-2007_Pok.C3.A9mon_Center_and_department_stores

Soft in the image is the Pokemon Emerald, it has also received eonticket.

I want to pass this save data for those who have the knowledge.

By the way, I do not speak English.

http://imgur.com/GhrpYUn.jpg

http://imgur.com/P3fJnop.jpg

That's amazing. Thank you very much!

l'm the guy you actually looking for. I have sent you a PM.

lostaddict worked on this project too, but I dunno if he's still around.

I just checked the save file and now I can confirm that it is indeed a legit Mystery Gift Event! :)

EDIT:

Dumped and added to the list!

By the way... the cool thing about his save file is that it had both Events downloaded... (Eon Ticket & Mystic Ticket)

Thanks to this save file I could also confirm that the number of times it can be shared via mixing records!

Which is 151 (0x97) times just like in Takasan's tool! Would be cool if we could figure out the numbers of the distributions in the west.

Edited by ajxpkm

I just checked the save file and now I can confirm that it is indeed a legit Mystery Gift Event! :)

EDIT:

By the way... the cool thing about his safe file is that it had both Events downloaded... (Eon Ticket & Mystic Ticket)

Thanks to this save file I could also confirm that the number of times it can be shared via mixing records!

Which is 151 (0x97) times just like in Takasan's tool! Would be cool if we could figure out the numbers of the distributions in the west.

We could always see how many times the e-Reader Eon Ticket can be shared.

EDIT:

By the way... the cool thing about his safe file is that it had both Events downloaded... (Eon Ticket & Mystic Ticket)

The European Eon Tickets are distributable 99 (0x63) times.

The e-Card Eon Ticket is 30 (0x1E) times.

The German Eon Ticket I shared from the Ruby Debug ROM is only distributable 5 times.

Has anyone heard from him at all? Still hoping he'll release that amazing tool that he made.

Is there a single document with dumps of all the official events and the mystery gift checksum logic explained? I can whip up an injection application if someone can explain the manual process to me.

Made this real quick, wanted it for myself anyway, so figured I'd just stick it here. It's what each box does for

TicketPE - たかさん's Events Version (for Emerald)

http://imgur.com/U9kbmd8

EDIT: Can I make the image just show up without making people click a link? Like, make it show up in this post? For some reason I can't add attachments. What the heck am I doing wrong?

EDIT AGAIN: Updated the link

Edited by theskipster

Made this real quick, wanted it for myself anyway, so figured I'd just stick it here. It's what each box does for

http://imgur.com/JVlkBfr

EDIT: Can I make the image just show up without making people click a link? Like, make it show up in this post? For some reason I can't add attachments. What the heck am I doing wrong?

The "Absolutely no idea" check box is so you can reset your in-game clock. Handy if you replaced your battery.

http://imgur.com/JVlkBfr

That's nice from you. The checkbox is to set the clock back just like at the beginning of the game just as Invader TAK mentioned.

Also the Pichu with surf Egg Event is just like a default Egg Event. It has nothing to do with the PokéPark and was rather like a template.

And you can add to the Trainer Event or as you wrote "JoySpot" Event is not working properly, so that nobody gets confused about what it does.

It's unfinished because there is no way to add the Trainer data for it and therefore it's kinda useless.