[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Guys, as written on these pages: the mystic ticket was distribuited at the Italian Pokemon Day, on the days 26-27-28 of July in 2006. I've also got a friend who wanted to go there to get Lugia and Ho-oH, but he couldn't. Maybe is written also in some Italian Pokémon newpapers like Pokemon World. The second link is like a directory that describes really well which event was given and also other things. So i think it's sure that it was distribuite also in Italy. Now the problem is to find somone with a save file with the ticket...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Day_(Italy)#Pok.C3.A9mon_Day_2006

http://www.videogame.it/il-pokemon-day-2006-in-presa-diretta-gbc/5211/il-pokemon-day-2006-in-presa-diretta.html

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

Where does it say Mystic Ticket?

Lugia and Ho-Oh were part of the 10th anniversary distribution. No tickets involved.

God you're right. I only read Lugia and Ho-Oh so i tought it was the ticket. You're right, they distribuited only the two Pokémon and not the ticket. Sorry my stupid post, today i'm so tired and really confused t.t

I think I have some bad news...

During my research I revisited some of the save files I recognised that the American Mystic Ticket I have is a fake.

It has the Script of the Aurora Ticket and turns out to be a hacked Wonder Card.

I want to apologize at this point that I didn't saw this earlier.

I completely overlooked this because it came from a trusted source who I thought is reliable.

(He got it from someone from Mexico... another hacked WC from there... coincidence? :rolleyes:)

So unfortunately now the American Mystic Ticket is missing too...

Now we need to see if the guy on Neoseeker comes through. Hopefully he won't be one of those people hoarding events for the sake of "rarity" because that crap is why people resort to hacks.

EDIT: I notice he only mentions Mystic Ticket for Japanese games. Ugh...

EDIT 2: You might as well remove Emerald from the American Eon Ticket list, since it wasn't distributed for that game in North America.

Now we need to see if the guy on Neoseeker comes through. Hopefully he won't be one of those people hoarding events for the sake of "rarity" because that crap is why people resort to hacks.

EDIT: I notice he only mentions Mystic Ticket for Japanese games. Ugh...

EDIT 2: You might as well remove Emerald from the American Eon Ticket list, since it wasn't distributed for that game in North America.

Also the europen emerald eon ticket has to be removed, no?

Yeah, sorry! My fault. :tongue:

Dunno why I listed them for Emerald.

About the Neoseeker trade... Stay tuned on that.

I'm on it, but it will take a while until he can send it to me. He wants me to check the save file, to see if it's legit or not.

There's a slight chance that this is just a hack, because Takasan released a PokéPark Tool as we all know.

But I'm really excited to check this save file out and look forward to it.

Just too sad that I couldn't find an American Mystic Ticket.

I have searched all over the web for it, but it's nowhere to be found.

Hard to imagine that there's no one out there who has one to offer.

That thing seems so rare...

Yeah, sorry! My fault. :tongue:

Just too sad that I couldn't find an American Mystic Ticket.

I have searched all over the web for it, but it's nowhere to be found.

Hard to imagine that there's no one out there who has one to offer.

That thing seems so rare...

Damn...we must find it. I think i will buy all the missing language games to send them to Nintendo italy, so we will get all the missing tickets. We only need the mystic ticket...

Damn...we must find it. I think i will buy all the missing language games to send them to Nintendo italy, so we will get all the missing tickets. We only need the mystic ticket...

You really want to do it? Cool. You could also wait if there are more people who would work together and send you their cartridges...

Well let's see what we need...

Eon Ticket

RS: French, Italian, Spanish

Aurora Ticket

FRLG: English

Emerald: French, German, Italian, Spanish

Not necessary but if your friend has an English Ruby or Sapphire Game it would be cool if that could be send as well.

Because we have an English Eon Ticket, but just the e-Card Version. I would like to see if the one from the distribution device is identical.

For the Emerald Aurora Ticket. I think this is the most tough one... 4 games...

The most important is actually the Spanish one again. If we're lucky I might be able to reconstruct the other ones.

Would be cool to get all of them tho', since that's the only way we could ensure 100% that they're legit.

You really want to do it? Cool. You could also wait if there are more people who would work together and send you their cartridges...

Well let's see what we need...

Eon Ticket

RS: French, Italian, Spanish

Aurora Ticket

FRLG: English

Emerald: French, German, Italian, Spanish

Not necessary but if your friend has an English Ruby or Sapphire Game it would be cool if that could be send as well.

Because we have an English Eon Ticket, but just the e-Card Version. I would like to see if the one from the distribution device is identical.

For the Emerald Aurora Ticket. I think this is the most tough one... 4 games...

The most important is actually the Spanish one again. If we're lucky I might be able to reconstruct the other ones.

Would be cool to get all of them tho', since that's the only way we could ensure 100% that they're legit.

Tomorrow or in a two days i'll send: Italian Emerald, Italian LeafGreen (this is for me xP), Italian Sapphire and English LeafGreen. My friend unfortunately has got only English Emerald and English LeafGreen...

I was thinking about buying french and spanish ruby/sapphire. The emerald games are 3 and cost more than RS, so i don't think i can buy all the missing emerald languages...If someone will send me his cartridge for me will be ok.

Ps: i saw you got the italian aurora ticket from a leafgreen save file when it was redeemed. So do we still need the unclaimed event, right?

No problem about the Emerald games.

Maybe one of the Spanish guys here will send you their Emerald game.

Like I said, I might be able to restore the Emerald Aurora Tickets, but the Spanish Aurora Ticket would be mandatory.

Because in the Trash Bytes of it the data ends and I would need to know how the end looks like. :biggrin:

There's still some work to do for this but it could be possible.

The RS Eon Tickets however are maybe the most precious ones anyway.

And to answer your question, yes. They need to be unclaimed because the Script gets terminated from the save file after the Script ends.

No problem about the Emerald games.

Maybe one of the Spanish guys here will send you their Emerald game.

Like I said, I might be able to restore the Emerald Aurora Tickets, but the Spanish Aurora Ticket would be mandatory.

Because in the Trash Bytes of it the data ends and I would need to know how the end looks like. :biggrin:

There's still some work to do for this but it could be possible.

The RS Eon Tickets however are maybe the most precious ones anyway.

And to answer your question, yes. They need to be unclaimed because the Script gets terminated from the save file after the Script ends.

I'll send my Italian FireRed for the Aurora Ticket. I'll give you all the saves with unlcimed events ;) Hope someone will send me his cartridges

This is great!

We only need FR or LG since we already have an English Aurora Ticket on Emerald.

Btw.

Is anyone interested to trade with this guy?

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49446/t2138333-ft-gen-iii-save-files-unclaimed-tickets-visible-wondercards-lf-other-gen-iii-save-files-more-unhatched-gba-event-egg/

He claims that he has an PokéPark Egg Wonder Card save file.

If it's true and this is legit it would be PURE gold...

Edit:

Let's see if he trades with me. :D

I have got a pokepark save but there isn't a wonder card. I think this guy is the famous hacker-trader ShinningYoshi

are sure that even Nintendo italia offers this service today?

to make a hack have to do the script from scratch

Don't you trust me? Do you want a screen of the mail received from Nintendo yesterday? It's not a problem for me

I have got a pokepark save but there isn't a wonder card. I think this guy is the famous hacker-trader ShinningYoshi

PokéPark Eggs were distributed with and without Wonder Card.

In case of the Mystery Gift version you received the Egg from the deliveryguy in the 2F of the Pokémon Center.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0504/1_2/

ss02.gif

http://puu.sh/oznnP/a6467b1aec.png

Yup, the tools is getting shape. Porting the C code to C# might take a while for a GUI based tool though. I guess I could just call the .exe from the gui...but that'd be a little tatty.

ps: I wrote the first that came to mind in the WC, don't judge me, it's been a long afternoon.

Hey, suloku. I have talked to ajxpkm and he said that it's up to you, but I can help you make a GUI. So I can code the interface and you can code the actual tool behind the interface.

http://puu.sh/ozpcB/85b03b5f2f.png

The checksum algorythm hasn't been made public because we don't want fake wondercards appearing as legit. As you can see the tool I'm coding allows fully customization of the wondercard, as well importing modified scripts, so for anyone wanting to make a custom wondercard he'll be able to without knowing the checksum algorythm.

I need to port the savegame managing code to c# and add a window to manage the WC in the savegame (just import/export). When that's done, I guess the tool, alongside with .wc3 files will be released.

Also, there will be wonder news creation. After that I'll look into R/S EON ticket script injection (basically, re-create what the e-reader does to the savefile) and editing record mixing item.

After that maybe I'll add an option to enable eon ticket event in emerald (the same code ajxpkm made for AR). Then we'll try to get a custom script for egg/pokemon receiving, because it's cool. Also if we can I want to make a custom script for WC item receiving (i.e. masterball). Then will come e-trainer and e-berry...if I'm not already bored of this project, as I said my main goal are the wc3 files from legit events and that's already been achieved.

http://puu.sh/ozpcB/85b03b5f2f.png

The checksum algorythm hasn't been made public because we don't want fake wondercards appearing as legit. As you can see the tool I'm coding allows fully customization of the wondercard, as well importing modified scripts, so for anyone wanting to make a custom wondercard he'll be able to without knowing the checksum algorythm.

I need to port the savegame managing code to c# and add a window to manage the WC in the savegame (just import/export). When that's done, I guess the tool, alongside with .wc3 files will be released.

Also, there will be wonder news creation. After that I'll look into R/S EON ticket script injection (basically, re-create what the e-reader does to the savefile) and editing record mixing item.

After that maybe I'll add an option to enable eon ticket event in emerald (the same code ajxpkm made for AR). Then we'll try to get a custom script for egg/pokemon receiving, because it's cool. Also if we can I want to make a custom script for WC item receiving (i.e. masterball). Then will come e-trainer and e-berry...if I'm not already bored of this project, as I said my main goal are the wc3 files from legit events and that's already been achieved.

The tool is looking good. You could add "preview" option, so we can see how will card look. Can't wait to check it out.

already have all the information needed to make the green person scripts without errors ?

We're using the Scripts we found in the Roms earlier.

Which I posted here:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=214201&viewfull=1#post214201

They're fully working and are ready to be used. We will only allow to edit minor things like changing the Pokémon you can get as Pokémon Eggs and Special Moves they have for example.

+ There will be also an Trainer Editor for the Trainer Events, to make them work as well and maybe an e-Berry editor. (Dunno about that, do we have the text for it in all languages? I guess there was something...)

Personally I will never create customized scripts because that's just too complicated to make, especially if we want it do for all the versions.

This theoretically could be done using one of the Ticket Scripts as a template BUT we would have to nearly change the whole script...

So many things like recalculation the distance between the pointers and translate texts in every language ect. I don't think the effort is really worth it.

And also I don't think that this is the way it was planned to be used.

My personally philosophy was to bring the features alive GameFreak planned to release but scrapped for some reason.

When it comes to these customized things (Items vor WC ect.) that's suloku's idea and it's a cool idea, but we'll see if we can make it.

I want to change rather just small things about the default scripts to ensure full compatibility and no errors.

So my priority list for the Editor would be...

Implementing the Default Events > Making the Pokémon Egg Present Event editable > Trainer Editor > e-Berry Editor

The tool is looking good. You could add "preview" option, so we can see how will card look. Can't wait to check it out.

He will work an that later.

So far he did a tremendous job in the short time.

We recovered almost everything of the work that's lost since lostaddict is gone.

(He had most of the information unfortunately when it comes to the data structure research ect.)