First Pokemon Colosseum Randomised/Hack !!

StarsMmd

Would someone be willing to randomize a patch of the game for me and then send it to me?

I want the Trainer Pokemon and gift Pokemon randomized and trade evolutions to be removed. Also, if doable, make the starters a female level 24 Gyarados nicknamed Em and a male level 26 Charmeleon nicknamed David, or as close to that as possible!

Thank you in advance!

Would someone be willing to randomize a patch of the game for me and then send it to me?

I want the Trainer Pokemon and gift Pokemon randomized and trade evolutions to be removed. Also, if doable, make the starters a female level 24 Gyarados nicknamed Em and a male level 26 Charmeleon nicknamed David, or as close to that as possible!

Thank you in advance!

Working on it. Can't do nicknames though. You can change their nickname at the name rater when you get there. Also the starters are gender locked as male.

Edit: Here you go - Randomiser patch

No problem my G

Which files should I extract to apply the patch to? I have tried to use both common.fsys and start.dol and neither seem to be patching correctly. I understand I might be doing something else wrong but wanted to make sure that I am at least working with the right files.

Thanks again in advance!

Which files should I extract to apply the patch to? I have tried to use both common.fsys and start.dol and neither seem to be patching correctly. I understand I might be doing something else wrong but wanted to make sure that I am at least working with the right files.

Thanks again in advance!

Ah, patch it directly to a clean iso. No need to extract anything :)

• 4 weeks later...

while i realise its been a few weeks since since anyone has replied, i figured i'd make a request anyway. I dont suppose you'd be able to randomize one for me? Pretty much the same as the top one on the main page where trainers pokemon are randomized. moves randomized, and trade evolutions set for level 40 etc. the only thing i really want, is for the starters to remain as Espeon and Umbreon. (well mostly just Espeon, dont really care about the other one). As i use windows, its kinda hard for me to use the randomizer to be that specific haha.

while i realise its been a few weeks since since anyone has replied, i figured i'd make a request anyway. I dont suppose you'd be able to randomize one for me? Pretty much the same as the top one on the main page where trainers pokemon are randomized. moves randomized, and trade evolutions set for level 40 etc. the only thing i really want, is for the starters to remain as Espeon and Umbreon. (well mostly just Espeon, dont really care about the other one). As i use windows, its kinda hard for me to use the randomizer to be that specific haha.

Sorry for the late response! I'll see what I can do ;)

• 6 months later...
28 minutes ago, Eikichi said:

I have a problem when i want to use NUPS. Its tells me that "The patch doesn't match the file". Do you know why?

Your ROM needs to be identical to the one I used to create the patch. I can't share where I got it from but I tried to get the most obvious one from a quick google search. Remember it has to be the US version and don't scrub it or anything like that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3 April 2017 at 1:21 PM, JimPanse said:

Playing your hack Pokemon Mausoleum right now and liking it so far, great work! But could you please add some features like Physical/Special Split etc.?

Thanks for the kind words!

Right now, I have my hands fill with hacking XD. The code and data is just so much easier to work with. I do plan to work on colosseum eventually though. It just won't be in the near future. I will be releasing hack tools for colosseum (and XD) this summer though and I expect a lot of people will be able to work on all kinds of stuff. :) 

• 7 months later...

Yo! Permadeathing my way through Mausoleum right now, having a blast. Out of curiosity though, I'm in the Under, and I wanted to ask

how to evolve Staryu. Mine's level 40 and I do not know how to evolve it- and it's starting to drag haha.  Same with Vulpix once my team gets freed a spot(hopefully not!)

E: I know it's Evo stones, just dunno where to find them in the hack.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Nuxl

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 7:52 AM, Nuxl said:

Yo! Permadeathing my way through Mausoleum right now, having a blast. Out of curiosity though, I'm in the Under, and I wanted to ask

Hide contents

how to evolve Staryu. Mine's level 40 and I do not know how to evolve it- and it's starting to drag haha.  Same with Vulpix once my team gets freed a spot(hopefully not!)

E: I know it's Evo stones, just dunno where to find them in the hack.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry it's super late but I'm pretty sure the evolution stones were given to some of the shadow pokemon as held items.

• 4 months later...

I'm very thankful that someone made hacks for Colosseum and XD, they are my favourite games. But I hate the text changes in both of them. I just started Mausoleum and the meme text changes aren't even done well. The TV lady calls Team Snagem, Team Swagem, but Team Snagem members call themselves with the right name. I hate that name, but if anything, wouldn't the Team Snagem members the ones that should call themselves Team Swagem, to try to be cooler?

Edit: Just finished Mausoleum... to be fair, I'm sad that you are the only one making mods for these games, because I hate your game design. The beauty of Colosseum is that you have limited options, but still plenty, to make different strategies, and the bosses have specific strategies as well. You just up numbers with stronger attacks and higher stat pokemon. I would say that you are my biggest monkey paw wish. Not only you made hacks I disliked of these games, but you also release tools to edit the games for fucking Mac.

Edited by JagGentlemann

On 15/04/2018 at 12:20 PM, JagGentlemann said:

I'm very thankful that someone made hacks for Colosseum and XD, they are my favourite games. But I hate the text changes in both of them. I just started Mausoleum and the meme text changes aren't even done well. The TV lady calls Team Snagem, Team Swagem, but Team Snagem members call themselves with the right name. I hate that name, but if anything, wouldn't the Team Snagem members the ones that should call themselves Team Swagem, to try to be cooler?

Edit: Just finished Mausoleum... to be fair, I'm sad that you are the only one making mods for these games, because I hate your game design. The beauty of Colosseum is that you have limited options, but still plenty, to make different strategies, and the bosses have specific strategies as well. You just up numbers with stronger attacks and higher stat pokemon. I would say that you are my biggest monkey paw wish. Not only you made hacks I disliked of these games, but you also release tools to edit the games for fucking Mac.

In case you missed it, this is what I wrote above the download link:

Also, I was previously working on a Hack version of Pokemon Colosseum. I started it long ago before I knew much about hacking so it's not drastically different but it does contain a few new moves, all new trainer and shadow pokemon and new TMs. I don't have plans to work on colosseum for a while but I thought I'd release what I'd done for anyone who may be interested.

Mausoleum was just a test and was never intended to be a proper hack. I didn't even have proper hack tools when I started so most of it was done by hand using a hex editor. So yeah don't worry, I agree with you. :-)

A few people have shown interest in helping port the hack tools to windows so I hope you'll be able to make something better soon!

I got running a Mac virtual machine and I already did a hack. It's basically Pokemon XD with slightly improved trainer sets. After I beat it I'm probably make something more different with it. Something curious is that Eevee can learn Thunder Wave, I don't remember changing that in the tool, I'll fix that later.

I find weird that some changes don't save, like the enemy EV and IVs, or the exp given by enemy pokemon. But at least the big stuff can be edited so it's no problem.

Hopefully, you can also make a Colosseum tool in the future, I'll keep an eye on your releases.

Edited by JagGentlemann

• 5 weeks later...

So I know this forum was started years ago but I first want to say thank you so much for creating these hacks (both for XD and Colosseum) I’ve played through both games so many times and it’s just nice to see them revived. I especially like the XD hack, since it’s much more in depth. I’ve made it to Greevil’s island (the finale shall we call it) and I’m saved right before you fight Lovrina.

Currently I’m playing Colosseum and I was wondering if there were any evolution stones in the game. I know that both Vulpix and Staryu require them and I just would rather not invest the time in training them if they aren’t going to evolve. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! Colosseum has always been one of my favourite games back to when it was released. I didnt actually properly complete it fully until 2013 (with all shadow pokemon purified). Now it just occurred to me, when being exposed to ROMs for other Pokemon games, to check for any mods for Colosseum; and sadly very few seems to have been made. XD is fine and all, but I enjoyed Colosseum a lot more. XD also had a lot more issues with Dolphin when I played it after finishing Colosseum in 2013. Lately I feel a sudden urge to play this game or maybe XD again, but I didnt really want to play through the default game again, so I may be checking these out soon! The only thing is these mods seem very basic (from quick reads it appears it is hard work!), but they should at least make a playthrough a bit different.

I have little experience with ROMs and how much some have changed at this time, but I hope there is more of an overhaul in the future. I always liked the idea of limited obtainable pokemon and the colosseum battles. The only problem I find in the default game is some of the shadow pokemon are just too good to pass up for your team....

I must apologise. It seems I missed some notifications!

On 5/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, JagGentlemann said:

I got running a Mac virtual machine and I already did a hack. It's basically Pokemon XD with slightly improved trainer sets. After I beat it I'm probably make something more different with it. Something curious is that Eevee can learn Thunder Wave, I don't remember changing that in the tool, I'll fix that later.

I find weird that some changes don't save, like the enemy EV and IVs, or the exp given by enemy pokemon. But at least the big stuff can be edited so it's no problem.

Hopefully, you can also make a Colosseum tool in the future, I'll keep an eye on your releases.

I'm happy to hear you managed to get it all set up. I didn't notice any issues with data being saved personally but I'll keep a look out. There have been new versions uploaded with more features and bug fixes though. I also just released Colosseum Tool a couple of days ago. Doesn't quite have as many options as GoD Tool but has all the big stuff (including physical/special split) ?

On 6/1/2018 at 3:23 AM, Brotherlluv said:

So I know this forum was started years ago but I first want to say thank you so much for creating these hacks (both for XD and Colosseum) I’ve played through both games so many times and it’s just nice to see them revived. I especially like the XD hack, since it’s much more in depth. I’ve made it to Greevil’s island (the finale shall we call it) and I’m saved right before you fight Lovrina.

Currently I’m playing Colosseum and I was wondering if there were any evolution stones in the game. I know that both Vulpix and Staryu require them and I just would rather not invest the time in training them if they aren’t going to evolve. Thanks! 

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Not sure if you figured it out in the end but iirc those pokemon are caught holding their respective evolution stones.

18 hours ago, Natmeris said:

Ah! Colosseum has always been one of my favourite games back to when it was released. I didnt actually properly complete it fully until 2013 (with all shadow pokemon purified). Now it just occurred to me, when being exposed to ROMs for other Pokemon games, to check for any mods for Colosseum; and sadly very few seems to have been made. XD is fine and all, but I enjoyed Colosseum a lot more. XD also had a lot more issues with Dolphin when I played it after finishing Colosseum in 2013. Lately I feel a sudden urge to play this game or maybe XD again, but I didnt really want to play through the default game again, so I may be checking these out soon! The only thing is these mods seem very basic (from quick reads it appears it is hard work!), but they should at least make a playthrough a bit different.

I have little experience with ROMs and how much some have changed at this time, but I hope there is more of an overhaul in the future. I always liked the idea of limited obtainable pokemon and the colosseum battles. The only problem I find in the default game is some of the shadow pokemon are just too good to pass up for your team....

Unfortunately, Colosseum's game engine is a lot less polished than XD's game engine and this makes Colosseum a bit more complicated to mod. I'd originally started with Colo but when I noticed how much easier XD was I jumped ship. XD's engine is built upon Colo though so a lot of the knowledge is transferrable. I have recently released my Colosseum hack tools so even though I won't be making a proper mod yet at least the potential is there for others.

My Colosseum hack was pretty much made by hand when I was just starting out with hacking so it's not very well made but my XD hack is a lot deeper in terms of game mechanics and redesigning trainer teams, shadow pokemon, wild pokemon, etc. The story progression is unchanged though. 

I have almost finished work on my new scripting tool for XD so story hacks will become feasible in the near future. However, Colosseum's script engine is completely different and the file format for Colosseum's scripts isn't as friendly so no there has been no progress on that. 

There is work being done on reverse engineering the model format so we will see things like new pokemon and custom maps in the future but it is being done by powers above mine so I can't give a time frame on that one. ?

7 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

I must apologise. It seems I missed some notifications!

I'm happy to hear you managed to get it all set up. I didn't notice any issues with data being saved personally but I'll keep a look out. There have been new versions uploaded with more features and bug fixes though. I also just released Colosseum Tool a couple of days ago. Doesn't quite have as many options as GoD Tool but has all the big stuff (including physical/special split) ?

It seems to save everything now, so that's great. I don't know if it fixed some herbs not working, but again, a perfectly fine hack can be done with this. The Colosseum tool doesn't save things like EVs, etc but as you said it's a bit more limited. I won't try it now but looks promising, thank you for the tools!